Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Brooklyn Nets vs. Sacramento Kings (1/5)

After a win in Washington, the Nets are back at home to face the Sacramento Kings. DeMarcus Cousins had a 30/20 night last night, and is in full beast-mode right now. Here's the preview from ESPN.com

Brook Lopez is the highest scoring center in the NBA, but DeMarcus Cousins isn't far behind.

Although Cousins got the better of the most recent matchup, it was Lopez and the Brooklyn Nets that emerged with the win.

The centers will be matched up for the final time this season as the Nets and Sacramento Kings attempt to continue their respective surges Saturday night at Barclays Center.

Lopez leads all starting centers with an average of 18.9 points, while Cousins has 17.1 per game and has added 10.3 rebounds.

Cousins was much more productive than his counterpart on Nov. 18, scoring 29 points while holding Lopez to 13. However, Brooklyn (18-15) won 99-90 for its sixth victory in the last eight meetings.

Both teams enter this matchup having won four of five with their respective centers playing key roles.

Lopez is averaging 24.8 points and 9.0 boards while hitting 60.0 percent from the floor in that span, while Cousins has 19.4 points and 14.0 rebounds in five games since missing two due to a team suspension for unprofessional behavior.

Cousins had one of the best games of his career in Friday's 105-96 win at Toronto, scoring a season-high 31 points and matching a career best with 20 rebounds.

"He had the right energy to start the game, he had the right mindset of not trying to score 50 but trying to let his teammates play," coach Keith Smart said. "He's in a good spot as a basketball player right now and he's only going to get better."

While Lopez is surrounded by All-Star guards Deron Williams and Joe Johnson, Cousins' play for Sacramento is vital with swingman Tyreke Evans out with a knee injury.

That's likely why Smart called him, "the guy who makes it all work for us."

The Kings (13-20) surely see that as a welcome change for Cousins, a noted malcontent who has already been suspended three times in less than three full seasons.

"He's involved and he's understanding the game better," said John Salmons, who had 20 points Friday. "He's understanding what it takes to win. He's trying to do to things for this team to move up in the standings and make a playoff push."

Salmons is averaging 15.0 points in his last four games, but he had just two in nearly 28 minutes against the Nets in November.

The Kings notched their second straight road win Friday after winning once in their first 14 games away from home. They haven't managed a three-game road win streak since March 23-27, 2011.

"We're playing some good team basketball," Cousins said. "It doesn't matter who's having a good night, let's feed them the rock. That's been our mindset and it's been working."

The Nets, though, have a three-game home winning streak against the Kings, and Lopez has totaled 55 points and 19 rebounds in the past two.

He had 27 points and 13 rebounds before Johnson hit the go-ahead jumper with 0.7 seconds left in Friday's 115-113 double-overtime win at Washington. Johnson finished with 18 points, while Williams added 24 with 10 assists.

"That's what big-time players do. We put him in a good position to make the play, and he made the play," coach P.J. Carlesimo said of Johnson after improving to 4-1 since taking over for the fired Avery Johnson.

Johnson wasn't very good against Sacramento two months ago, making 1 of 10 shots from the floor and finishing with 10 points. He had been averaging 24.4 points over the previous eight meetings.

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    I should win this one. DMC is the only one im worried about he killing right now, but this should be an easy W.

vCash
    there are no easy wins with the nets. did u watch last night?
    BBRRRROOOOOOOKKKKLLNNNNNNNNNNNNN

vCash
    Difference is Washington has guys on the perimeter that can hurt you, the Kings don't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Difference is Washington has guys on the perimeter that can hurt you, the Kings don't
    Agreed. I was at the game and Crawford and Beal TORE us up from 3 point land. Also, Nene was a beast on the inside and the fact that he fouled out made a real difference in the 2nd OT

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    is tyreke playing?
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benzni View Post
    is tyreke playing?
    no

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainClutch View Post
    Agreed. I was at the game and Crawford and Beal TORE us up from 3 point land. Also, Nene was a beast on the inside and the fact that he fouled out made a real difference in the 2nd OT
    Really? Damn that must have been such a crazy game. Honestly when the Wiz went on a 8-0 run to start the OT I thought itwas over and was ready to change the channel

vCash
    these shots are crazy. marshonn with a beauty
    King Remembered In Time

vCash
    Really? Damn that must have been such a crazy game. Honestly when the Wiz went on a 8-0 run to start the OT I thought itwas over and was ready to change the channel
    same.

vCash
    MTV sighting tonightttt

vCash
    same here. but realized we need a couple threes then bogans hit 1.

this is what our team is suppose to look like against losing teams. mirza and marshon finally getting decent minutes. if avery was still here we all know we wouldnt be seeing n e of them.
    BBRRRROOOOOOOKKKKLLNNNNNNNNNNNNN

vCash
    I really hope Mirza can have more games like this. We become a whole different team with a shooter. We desperately lack one

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    ^yea, mirza is really taking advantage of this oppurtunity. between pj coming in and hump getting hurt, hes gonna play around 10 minutes a game now and hes showing what he can do.

he has rebounded and played D much better than i expected. probably will earn him time in the future.

my question is this though:

we have 5 quality bigs. who is the odd man out?

my guess is hump for now, until an injury hits. blatche is on a one year deal though and probably will leave to get more money somewhere else, thus the need for two bigs off the bench will be needed. his contract will be a nice asset to trade if need be next year as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    excellent game. Mirza and Marshon were on their games.
    King Remembered In Time

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast