Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    How much of a genius is Jon Daniels? He trades away five tool player Michael Young, and signs a DH only injury prone Lance Berkman.

If you think about it, this garbage time signing is really worth $21 million, because we are paying $10 million to Young to do nothing for us.

What a crock of ****.
    Aaaaaaand anything you say on PSD from here on out carries little to no weight. That is ****ing hilarious to call Michael Young a 5 tool player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Aaaaaaand anything you say on PSD from here on out carries little to no weight. That is ****ing hilarious to call Michael Young a 5 tool player.
    I was gonna call him out as well but i didnt want his idiotic retort

vCash
    MY isnt a 5 tool player but the point about this costing us 21 million cant be ignored. JD and Nolan have royally ****ed us in the a this off season. After we gave them 3 million in attendance too. I won't be going to as many games this year because I know my money won't be spent on improving this team in the long run.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    How much of a genius is Jon Daniels? He trades away five tool player Michael Young, and signs a DH only injury prone Lance Berkman.

If you think about it, this garbage time signing is really worth $21 million, because we are paying $10 million to Young to do nothing for us.

What a crock of ****.
    You and Ron Washington are probably the only two people in the universe who believe that to be true...
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    I assumed he meant 5 position player as he went on to describe that Berkman could no longer do anything but DH. Michael Young could at least play 1B, 2B, SS, 3B and DH if needed. Berkman's a bit one dimensional.

Anyway...that's what I figured he meant by it.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    I assumed he meant 5 position player as he went on to describe that Berkman could no longer do anything but DH. Michael Young could at least play 1B, 2B, SS, 3B and DH if needed. Berkman's a bit one dimensional.

That would also be untrue, since Young can't play any 5 of those positions successfully anymore.

vCash
    He successfully booted balls at all 5 positions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post

in a pinch, i'd say Puma could still play 1B or RF.... wouldn't recommend it though lol

vCash
    That would also be untrue, since Young can't play any 5 of those positions successfully anymore.
    you can boot balls at dh now?

i guess he could also play all 3 OF potions unsuccessfully

vCash

What a crock of ****.
    michael young 5 tool player? holy **** I have heard everything now

vCash
    Also, you people need to lay off of JD and Nolan, we arent signing any big names but who cares, Greinke was close and chose not to sign here, oh well, nothing Texas can do. Did you really wanna go to 6 years and over 150 for Greinke? Hell no.

Did you wanna give Hamilton 5 years at 125? Hell no

Did you wanna give up Profar for Sheilds? Ummm no

Rangers still have a great young team that will still have a chance of winning the West and competing for a WS title this year and for many years to come.

We still have the finanances to add major pieces before july 31st.

We still have the pieces to trade for an Upton,Price,King Felix or Stanton if they become available and on the market.

Calm down guys, we are fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers72 View Post
    Also, you people need to lay off of JD and Nolan, we arent signing any big names but who cares, Greinke was close and chose not to sign here, oh well, nothing Texas can do. Did you really wanna go to 6 years and over 150 for Greinke? Hell no.

Did you wanna give Hamilton 5 years at 125? Hell no

Did you wanna give up Profar for Sheilds? Ummm no

Rangers still have a great young team that will still have a chance of winning the West and competing for a WS title this year and for many years to come.

We still have the finanances to add major pieces before july 31st.

We still have the pieces to trade for an Upton,Price,King Felix or Stanton if they become available and on the market.

Calm down guys, we are fine.
    What move have we made since Nolan's group took ownership that makes you seriously believe anything we'd get at the trade deadline isn't a rental or that we'd be willing to make ANY trade involving any of the guys you listed there? No, really, I'm all ears.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Call down, he's right I meant 5 position player. Maybe he can't play all 5 that great anymore, besides the $21 million cost, at least you could use Young at any infield position if you HAD to. Lance Berkman will be a glorified DH for his entire tenure here.

Young was also ridiculously consistent being able to play. Where as Berkman has been a walking injury. He has never missed significant time with his entire tenure with the Rangers.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    Call down, he's right I meant 5 position player. Maybe he can't play all 5 that great anymore, besides the $21 million cost, at least you could use Young at any infield position if you HAD to. Lance Berkman will be a glorified DH for his entire tenure here.

Young was also ridiculously consistent being able to play. Where as Berkman has been a walking injury. He has never missed significant time with his entire tenure with the Rangers.
    He can't play ANY position in baseball at even replacement level.

vCash
    He can't play ANY position in baseball at even replacement level.
    Reuben Amaro, an MLB GM, seems to disagree with you.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast