Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Hey, at least the team is spending money, right?

Careful what you wish for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I have no idea what ur saying here because of the censorship but I am going to guess mother pucker, rooster sucker, tricked out something(I have no guess) get $11mill? Darn I'm annoyed
    You are pretty good at translating **** signs. The tricked out section was whored out a-whole

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    You are pretty good at translating **** signs. The tricked out section was whored out a-whole
    Well I took two years of asterisk as a 2nd language but its been a while so I am a little rusty

vCash
    I know what Berkman has said in the past and with that said I'm not as pissed as you guys about bringing him in, I think he can contribute his fair share. However $11M is just way too much money, this is Berkman's last year and he should have gotten half that.

vCash
    Only thing I'm worried about is his health. If he can remain healthy I think he'll thrive here in Texas.

vCash
    Berkman getting a full season to DH and taking the strain off his body should really help keep him healthy. Moving to the more hitter friendly AL and RBiA should also help. Berkman is a much needed lefty in this lineup, and when healthy the guy can flat out hit. Sure I wish it was for less than 11M, but for one year you can't complain.

vCash
    Well MY is replaced. Now what about JH and MN? This got to be the begining of something bigger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Berkman getting a full season to DH and taking the strain off his body should really help keep him healthy. Moving to the more hitter friendly AL and RBiA should also help. Berkman is a much needed lefty in this lineup, and when healthy the guy can flat out hit. Sure I wish it was for less than 11M, but for one year you can't complain.
    2 years ago he coukd hit. Well actually he has been pretty streaky over the past 4 years he was an automatic out last time he played in the AL

vCash
    What is unique about this signing is that it appears to be 100% led by Nolan. I have not seen a peep out of this from Daniels. While this is purely speculation on my part, it appears as if the real owners (not Nolan) are peeved about how the Rangers missed out on all of their targets.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Were those actual (and recent) quotes from Berkman on the first page? If, so that guy's an idiot.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Were those actual (and recent) quotes from Berkman on the first page? If, so that guy's an idiot.
    Yes those were actual quotes.

Yes they were fairly recent.

Yes he is an idiot.

vCash
    I only care about if he can produce on the field. I have NO idea what his physical status or current day limitations are. I keep hearing this 11 million/year as way too much. My issues with this stance:
    - not my money
    - Rangers will still be way under what they can "afford" to pay from a total payroll perspective
    - I seriously doubt this move is either an albatross to the organization and/or prevents us from making longer term moves...
    - IF he is healthy he is likely to be a more feared left hand bat in lineup than light hitting Mitch Moreland. I think it is easy to get rose color lens nostalgia for Mitch because he is such a good and nice kid and had a couple of good months during both playoff runs. However if you look somewhat objectively I dont think he is that good or has much upside.
    - I am pretty sure clearing space financially for the big Puma is not the reason we didnt resign Cliff Lee, Josh Hamilton, land Greinke etc.. etc.. etc..
    Last edited by zookman65; 01-06-2013 at 09:32 AM.

vCash
    How much of a genius is Jon Daniels? He trades away five tool player Michael Young, and signs a DH only injury prone Lance Berkman.

If you think about it, this garbage time signing is really worth $21 million, because we are paying $10 million to Young to do nothing for us.

What a crock of ****.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    If he can stay healthy this will be a worthwhile signing. There are no bad 1 year deals in this era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    How much of a genius is Jon Daniels? He trades away five tool player Michael Young, and signs a DH only injury prone Lance Berkman.

If you think about it, this garbage time signing is really worth $21 million, because we are paying $10 million to Young to do nothing for us.

What a crock of ****.
    Good points.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast