Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    No Leo, sauron is the secondary protagonist in JRR Tolkiens Middle Earth.

Originally a Maia (servant) of the Vala Aule, he was corrupted by Melkor, the brother of Manwe and darkest and most powerful of all the ruling Vala. Melkor, later renamed Morgoth, the Dark Enemy of the World utilized sauron to a great degree in his war upon the free people's of Middle Earth during the first age.

This War of the Silmarils eventually resulted in the conquest and expulsion of Morgoth to the confines of the Outer Void. In his stead, sauron's power, influence and desire for unopposed fealty resulted in a reign of darkness over several thousand years wherein sauron attempted numerous times to complete the subjugation of the free wills of mortal beings, sometimes through overt war and sometimes through trickery. Sauron was finally unhoused from his spiritual being at the conclusion of Lord of the Rings when the one ring of power, the leader of the lesser 19 rings of power, was broken in the fires of Mount Doom. That event accomplished what no amount of conquest could, it forever sundered sauron's life force from the very avatar that he attempted to utilize to enslave the minds of men.

From this we have learned that a new power has arisen in might in the east, whose goal is nothing less than the destruction of a beloved kingdom that we are blessed to inhabit and his name is Brian Cashman.

I know you keep saying you are old but I'm trying to formulate a guess in that department. No matter, my friend, I'm happy to provide this narrative. I'm gonna be real happy when fantasy starts anew ifim allowed in again this year.
    Amazingly I read all that. I think I'm in love with you now.

Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Amazingly I read all that. I think I'm in love with you now.

My life just got awesome.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yan...al-on-the-wane

Some people want to make the argument that the Yankees still have a 200 million dollar payroll so they have to be considered contenders. But look at where most of that money is placed. So just out of curiosity, do you think teams are "scared" of the 2013 Yankees.
    Do YOU THINK teams are scared of other teams? LOL!!!!!!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Well said. Yes, mystique should replace fear in this title.

And I agree. The mystique ended in the 2003 WS when Beckett owned us on our field.

That was the end of playoff magic.
    I think the mystique ended a couple years earlier when Luis Gonzalez drove in the game winning run against Mo.

vCash
    Two points:

1) Fear factor - It's right in the yankees theme song played before every radio broadcast - Here come the Yankees, let's get behind and cheer the Yankees, their gonna learn to FEAR the Yankees, Everyone knows they play to win....c a u s e their the Yankees.....

2) Sauron and Sci Fi fans - if you haven't done so, I highly recommend that you read Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time Series - Book 14 and final book of a 14 book epic acclaimed series comes out January 8th or 9th.

vCash
    I don't think teams fear other teams at all. Playing the best is what you live for. gets the blood moving and its why you play the game.

Plus the Yankee's are not the same anymore. I think A-rod and Tex need to get back to their old selfs.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I don't think teams fear other teams at all. Playing the best is what you live for. gets the blood moving and its why you play the game.

Plus the Yankee's are not the same anymore. I think A-rod and Tex need to get back to their old selfs.
    It might not be fear but there could be an intimidation factor.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Two points:

1) Fear factor - It's right in the yankees theme song played before every radio broadcast - Here come the Yankees, let's get behind and cheer the Yankees, their gonna learn to FEAR the Yankees, Everyone knows they play to win....c a u s e their the Yankees.....

2) Sauron and Sci Fi fans - if you haven't done so, I highly recommend that you read Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time Series - Book 14 and final book of a 14 book epic acclaimed series comes out January 8th or 9th.
    I've heard good things about this but know virtually nothing about it. Might I recommend the Dragonlance Chronicles to you. That trilogy and it's successor the Legends Trilogy are top notch not named Tolkien fantasy.

vCash
    Fat David Wells lost us that series by being drunk and useless pretending his back hurt.

Weak.
    That fat *** killed us in 2003.... I love Boomer but that series was a bummer after the Boone homer vs Boston. And Boomer gets the blame!
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    That fat *** killed us in 2003.... I love Boomer but that series was a bummer after the Boone homer vs Boston. And Boomer gets the blame!
    To be fair no one hit in that last game.

vCash
    And that mess Jeff Weaver gave up a walk off I believe.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

vCash

Smile

The entire World Series loss was the fault of Joe torre who mismanaged it throughout the series. I can't recall everything that he did wrong, but it included the following:
    1) his mismanagement of the bullpen
    2) his mismanagement of the lineup
    3) his arrogance in not playing Kenny Lofton, because of a so called slight that he felt from Kenny
    4) his putting Jeff Weaver into a tie game in extra innings instead of putting in one of his short relievers and the duel consequences that occurred a) the same day when Weaver gave up a run in the first inning that he pitched - mind you that Weaver had given up a run in something like each of his previous 4 outings in the first inning that he pitched before settling down and b) the next day, when Weaver was unavailable and he had no long reliever or starter that was available to pitch when Wells went down. So used correctly, the Yankees could have won both games, if Torre puts Weaver in the Wells game instead of the extra inning game.
    5) Playing Soriano without a rest when he started slumping at end of the season into the playoffs - in ALCS and WS Soriano got 66 AB with only 9 hits for a .136 average and 20 K's - AROD without either hip working type numbers.
    6) inability to move a single baserunner on a non-hit for the last 5 games, I believe. That means no hit to the right sides, hit and runs, run and hits, straight steals, ground ball outs at first with runner(s) moving over, etc. There weren't even any wild pitches, passed balls or catcher's interferences. it was pathetic.

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I've heard good things about this but know virtually nothing about it. Might I recommend the Dragonlance Chronicles to you. That trilogy and it's successor the Legends Trilogy are top notch not named Tolkien fantasy.
    Here's a little flavor: The main character in the Wheel of Time is a boy named Rand who comes of age and becomes the Dragon Reborn, the most powerful human the world has known. Only one other Dragon was born and his war with the Dark One literally split the world down its spine and drove him into madness. In this world certain men and women can channel the universal source of the magic. The male half of the source is more powerful (throbbing and must be wrestled with in an attempt to control it), but caused many of its users to become insane; the female side requires more surrender and opening oneself to the source. The females train as "witches" in their shiny white tower and city and influence politics and are both respected and hated. Along with the Dragon are two additional "tavereen" youngsters, Mat and Perrin, who also come of age and become powerful in their own right. Mat becomes a major strategist with the knowledge of legendswho have lived before in his mind and Perrin develops the ability to speak in dreams with wolves who help guide him. The fact that they are tavereen draws the fate of the world, its peoples, armies, etc to them, much like the Spinning Wheel draws threads to its pattern (hence the Wheel of Time series).

vCash
    thats stupid, Boomer wanted the ball on pressure games, he wasnt scared to pitch, if he said his back wasnt good enough to pitch then it meant it really had to be killing him cause theres noone more hungrier to want the ball on playoffs games than Boomer

to blame him for that is stupid

vCash
    Joe Rogan must be pissed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast