Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roy hobbs View Post
    Playoffs lasted 2weeks, and what if they hit the same.
    I know that, hence why i said i dont expect that to continue nor have my hopes set that high.

What if they smash the ball? same thing can be said vice versa. If you think that this Yankee team will hit ( well not hit ) like they did in the Playoffs then you should think again. Cano is hands down are best hitter and just got cold at the wrong time. Martin no longer here, Swisher no longer here, Arod is out, Granderson we all know that he is HR or K. My point is this team believe it or not is more balanced 1-9 than last year.
    Mark Teixeira #25
    R- 0 H-2 HR-0 RBI-1 BB-1 SO-0 AVG-.667 OBP-.750 SLG-.667

vCash
    Fear might not be the right word but the mystique has dwindled over the yrs. I don't know if players feared them but there was a certain feeling walking into the old stadium and stepping on the field against that team.
    Last edited by BigCityofDreams; 01-06-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    Fear might not be the right word but the mystique has dwindled over the yrs. I don't know if players feared them but there was a certain feeling walking into the old stadium and stepping on the field against that team.
    Well said. Yes, mystique should replace fear in this title.

And I agree. The mystique ended in the 2003 WS when Beckett owned us on our field.

That was the end of playoff magic.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Well said. Yes, mystique should replace fear in this title.

And I agree. The mystique ended in the 2003 WS when Beckett owned us on our field.

That was the end of playoff magic.
    Beckett dominated in that game like very few pitchers have. I'm still pissed off about that series :cry:
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Fat David Wells lost us that series by being drunk and useless pretending his back hurt.

Weak.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFan4Life33 View Post
    But the truth is, you are one, on that any any other level.
    Oh, how cute, you had a thought.

When I have posters blindly attempting to defend the rather comically pathetic tenure of a certain GM with earth-shattering arguements such as our beloved "ninja" not possessing a medical license so therefore he could be held legally culpable should he have dared to question Pinedas 2009 injury shutdown then yes, I'm going to call out the uninformed BS in any way (including the douchy way) possible.

And yes, someone actually tried to sound learned with that argument last week.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    I'd pay to watch Sauron give a speech while drunk.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    I hate to quote the circus clown formerly known as Curtis Schilling, but he was dead on when he claimed Fear and Mystique were dancers working the Times Square Circuit in reference to this very same arguement.

vCash
    I'd pay to watch Sauron give a speech while drunk.
    Unfortunately, my friend, I don't drink, but I've been told it would be comic hilarity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Unfortunately, my friend, I don't drink, but I've been told it would be comic hilarity.
    I picture you as the tall kid from Big Bang Theory.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    I picture you as the tall kid from Big Bang Theory.
    Well........................we're both Battlestar Galactica fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Well........................we're both Battlestar Galactica fans.
    Is that what Sauron is from? Remember, I'm old.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Fat David Wells lost us that series by being drunk and useless pretending his back hurt.

Weak.
    So pissed when that happened. It was like a punch to the gut smfh

-Heat fan

vCash
    So pissed when that happened. It was like a punch to the gut smfh
    Yep. I've despised him since.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Is that what Sauron is from? Remember, I'm old.
    No Leo, sauron is the secondary protagonist in John Ronald Reul Tolkiens Middle Earth.

Originally a Maia (servant) of the Vala Aule, he was corrupted by Melkor, the brother of Manwe and darkest and most powerful of all the ruling Vala. Melkor, later renamed Morgoth, the Dark Enemy of the World utilized sauron to a great degree in his war upon the free people's of Middle Earth during the first age.

This War of the Silmarils eventually resulted in the conquest and expulsion of Morgoth to the confines of the Outer Void. In his stead, sauron's power, influence and desire for unopposed fealty resulted in a reign of darkness over several thousand years wherein sauron attempted numerous times to complete the subjugation of the free wills of mortal beings, sometimes through overt war and sometimes through trickery. Sauron was finally unhoused from his spiritual being at the conclusion of Lord of the Rings when the one ring of power, the leader of the lesser 19 rings of power, was broken in the fires of Mount Doom. That event accomplished what no amount of conquest could, it forever sundered sauron's life force from the very avatar that he attempted to utilize to enslave the minds of men.

From this we have learned that a new power has arisen in might in the east, whose goal is nothing less than the destruction of a beloved kingdom that we are blessed to inhabit and his name is Brian Cashman.

I know you keep saying you are old but I'm trying to formulate a guess in that department. No matter, my friend, I'm happy to provide this narrative. I'm gonna be real happy when fantasy starts anew ifim allowed in again this year.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 01-06-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast