Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    The league has developed into a high scoring league. If you can't score in bunches, you've got a problem. So the plod the ball down the field style of offensive doesn't succeed in today's NFL.
    The 49ers would disagree

vCash
    u can win with a run first offense

u need an insane defense though and a offense that doesnt turn the ball over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Here is the problem when you mention all those teams. Yes, they run the football, but for 5 out of 6 of them, it isn't like they can't throw the ball up and down the field if they want to. Of all those 6 teams, I think you can honestly say that only the Vikings are what you would call a "run majority" team. If you stop the Vikings rushing attack (Adrian Peterson), you beat them every single time. The rest, if you somehow contain their rushing attacks, they still have the weapons to get into an "air attack" type thing.
    this!

Oh and to the OP, arguably ryan elite?? there is no argument about that. my stomach hurts from laughing so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesfan05 View Post
    The Patriots and Broncos do not have great running backs but understand the importance of balance and are number 2 and 9 in rushing attempts.
    Maybe they rank that high because their passing attack ices the game in the 3rd quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    You don't even need balance when it comes down to it. Just an offense that can score and a defense that can make the other team not score. That's how I look at it
    John Madden analysis

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    The league has developed into a high scoring league. If you can't score in bunches, you've got a problem. So the plod the ball down the field style of offensive doesn't succeed in today's NFL.
    The Broncos went to the playoffs last year with a run only offense.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesfan05 View Post
    I keep hearing that the only way to win in the NFL today is to become a pass first team. Advocates like to point to yards per pass vs yards per rush and state that the run game is simply a change of pace. I will admit that passing numbers are way up but becoming a pass first team is not a key to success.

People point to pass first teams like the Broncos and Patriots and state this is how teams should be built. The counter argument is so fricken obvious! If you have an elite quarterback (Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers and arguably Ryan) then throw the ball as much as you want. However 28 other teams don't have this luxury and should not succumb to this trend.

If passing is the end all be all then why are half of the playoff teams (Ravens, Texans, Redskins, Seahawks, Niners and Vikings) run first? Also if high yards per pass were that important than why are the top three passing teams (Saints, Lions, Cowboys) all sitting at home? My argument is that if you are not fortunate enough to have an elite quarterback than becoming a pass first team makes you a weak carbon copy of those that do and you will be exposed. Your best bet is to keep balance, minimize turnovers and maximize X's vs O's. Thoughts?
    Because they are all also very good defensively and are running out the clock at the end of the game instead of passing to come from behind? I think except for the Redskins those other teams are all top 10 defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    The 49ers would disagree
    Really? They can disagree all you want, making it into the playoffs isn't succeeding. Winning the SB IS.

when was the last time they did that again, remind me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    The Broncos went to the playoffs last year with a run only offense.
    See my previous statement

vCash
    Even easier than that.....Look at the win/loss record in the superbowl of the teams with more rushing yards in the game....I think the Qb position is and will forever be overrated.

vCash
    The last 10 quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl

Tom Brady
    Brad Johnson
    Tom Brady
    Tom Brady
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Peyton Manning
    Eli Manning
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Drew Brees
    Aaron Rodgers

Now go back and look at who the running backs were on those teams....

Brad Johnson is probably the only guy on that list that won't end up in the Hall of Fame. And even he had a very good season. He had the best touchdown-turnover ratio in the league and it ranks him for the 5th best season of all-time in that category.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 01-06-2013 at 02:04 AM.

vCash
    come on man Manning didn't come close to winning his superbowl with 200 yards rushing on the ground with his team. Big ben had a QBR of like 22 in one of them

vCash
    The NFL game as a whole will change based on what defenses are able to adapt to in general. Period.
    As always, flame responsibly.

vCash
    Niners are the only team in the NFL that is in the top 3 in offensive yards per rush, yards per pass and defensive yards per rush and yards per pass.
    Carlos "You Better" Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    John Madden analysis
    It may be simple but it's true haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast