Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charlie Villanueva

0 0%
  • Austin Daye

10 100.00%
    vCash

Who would you keep...?

Ok so it's the offseason, and you're JoeD, you realize we have too many stretch 4s and you want to get rid of ONE of them. Who would you rather keep? Charlie Villanueva or Austin Daye? And why?
    Last edited by GunFactor187; 01-05-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Dathomir Rancors (4-2)

vCash
    Austin Daye, simply because he'll be cheap...Villanueva on the other hand has a player option for 8mil(no way in hell he's going to decline that)if Dumars is able to get rid of Villanueva more power to him.

#****Broyles

vCash
    Agree!
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    If Daye finishes the season strong from here on out..would you guys have a different opinion on his future here in Detroit?

Since CV has been balling..a team might just be interested him. Very small chance..but there now is one.

But like JWO said CV is just making to much money.

vCash
    Honestly, there good regular season players. I would rather keep daye cause he can do a little more then just hit the 3. But CV? He reminds me of Steve Novak, show up all season long and then be a no show when playoff time comes along.

You have to have more to your game then just 3s

vCash
    I would keep Daye....& trade cv because he makes way more. But I highly doubt he declines his 8mill player option...

vCash
    Daye is younger and cheaper. I'll vote for Daye.

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    Daye not even close

**** you

vCash
    We can have CV back next year and not have to be forced to go beyond that, if Daye continues to play well we will likely have to give him a multi year deal. CV making $8 million probably won't make a difference because we will still have cap space with nobody good to spend it on. Just a thought, not neccessarily saying I would keep CV.

vCash

Who would you keep...?

Daye. All the same reasons posted. Plus maybe he actually has a little bit more room for growth.

(Nicholas Grunas photo)

vCash
    Daye, because if he keeps playing the way he has then he can start when we finally quit letting Tay do whatever he wants. The more cheap, young, and talented players we can get the better. I just hope that he doesnt regress back to the Austin Daye we were laughing at earlier in the year.

vCash
    daye because hes a superstar in the making

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    Ok so it's the offseason, and you're JoeD, you realize we have too many stretch 4s and you want to get rid of ONE of them. Who would you rather keep? Charlie Villanueva or Austin Daye? And why?
    I'd keep Daye, more upside.

On the CV front, it might interesting for him to opt out. He won't be getting any more minutes next year than he is this year and probably less with Drummond at the 5 and Monroe at the 4. So does he take the 8M with hopes of signing in 2014 coming off a subpar year? Or does he opt out and hope to sign a contract 3 yrs/5M with someone? He's out ~7M if he were to stay in and not opt out, assuming he gets a 3/5M. Seeing as how there are less than stellar FAs this summer, he mioght have a better chance at a longer deal / more money this summer rather than next.

vCash
    Austin Daye for me as well.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: Disappointing regular season, hoping for good things in 2015.
    Indianapolis Colts: 5-2, Week 8 vs. Steelers
    Dallas Mavericks: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 4-1-0, games this week vs. Toronto, New Jersey, Chicago