Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Post Bucks interested in Rudy Gay?

WI Sports Blog‏@WISportsBlog

The Twolves, #Bucks, Celtics, Hawks, Raptors, Rockets & Jazz are "sensible candidates" for landing Rudy Gay if Grizzlies make him available.
    https://twitter.com/WISportsBlog/sta...73406087827457

Credit goes to brewboy288 for finding the latest Bucks rumor. Figured it deserved its own thread to discuss. Then I did a little browsing and found this.

Milwaukee Bucks

Other teams are trying to figure out whether Milwaukee prefers Monta Ellis or Brandon Jennings long-term, but Ellis’s semi-expiring contract could work as a “best of both worlds” centerpiece for the Grizz. Ellis doesn’t bring the reliable long-range shooting Memphis sorely needs, but he can be a productive scoring guard under the right circumstances, even if he’s sort of a super-charged Jerryd Bayless. The Grizz need some creativity off the bench, and they have plenty of defensive stalwarts to cover for one sieve. A package of Ellis and Doron Lamb works and gets Memphis under the tax. The Bucks could put seldom-used Tobias Harris in Lamb’s spot, giving Memphis a promising small forward and opening up the wing a bit more for Gay.

Small forward is already very crowded in Milwaukee, with Mike Dunleavy Jr., Marquis Daniels, and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute splitting minutes. Dealing Ellis would leave a giant hole at shooting guard, but it’s the kind of move a team in Milwaukee’s place — small market, unattractive to elite free agents — might make with the future in mind more than the present. If you can’t get an “A” star with the kind of cap room Milwaukee might have this summer, why not take a shot at an overpaid “B” star in the hope he develops into an “A-” guy on your dime? Milwaukee’s cap room for this summer depends on Ellis declining his own player option anyway, and the Bucks could make up the difference between Ellis’s deal and Gay’s by using the amnesty provision (remember that?) on Drew Gooden.

The Bucks have never liked the idea of paying Gooden (or anyone else) to go away, and my hunch is that they're not likely to get involved with Memphis here. But there might be a workable deal, especially if Gay wants out of the ultra-competitive Western Conference.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...e-will-he-land

vCash
    Monta shoots 40%, and Rudy shoots 40.9%, but I would consider it anyways, especially if they are concerned about no FAs.

A look at his contract, due 17.8 million next year, they better take Gooden as well.
    http://www.spotrac.com/nba/memphis-grizzlies/rudy-gay/
    Last edited by MadtownBuck; 01-05-2013 at 10:32 AM.

vCash
    Yeah they would have to take Gooden or Ersan back for sure. Or follow up with another trade any way for a sg. But this does seem like a all in move Kohl would want for push in the playoffs. But Rudy Gay is expensive and if he got injured we be held hostage for cap-space yet again. Kinda like what Bogut and Redd did to us.

vCash
    This doesn't say anything about us being interested in him. It just says that it's a sensible place for him to be traded too.

I hope we are interested though. I would trade Ellis/Dunleavy for Gay.

PG Jennings
    SG Lamb
    SF Gay
    PF Henson
    C Sanders

lol thats a young team, but a very talented team.
    [Center]FEAR THE DEAR

vCash
    I think we have to look into it. Ideally we could get a third team involves so we could get even a marginal shooting guard, maybe for a big like dalembert. I think gay is as close as we are going to get to getting a true superstar unless we get lucky in the draft. I don't want to give up too much, but starting beno at the two isn't the end of the world. Again, it really depends on who we have to give up but I could really be interested in this potential deal. And then maybe next offseason we finally use that amnesty on Gooden to free up more cap space.

vCash
    Ellis fits us better IMO. I feel like Gay would be an experiment. We need to start winning now so these young core players stick around. I wouldn't like the move.

vCash
    Wis, we aren't winning with Monta though.

It's clear he is a big reason why.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    We don't need Ellis or Gay.

vCash
    You could sell me on that Miller.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I think its time to part ways will Ellis. Only way I would want him here is if he would accept the 6th man role but let's face it he will never do it. So if we could land Rudy Gay who is probably an all star in the East than I would jump on that chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefman2110 View Post
    I think its time to part ways will Ellis. Only way I would want him here is if he would accept the 6th man role but let's face it he will never do it. So if we could land Rudy Gay who is probably an all star in the East than I would jump on that chance.
    In the right situation Ellis is a good player. If only he could keep his numbers at a consistent 20-7 assist range instead of 13-3 or 40-10 lol.

I hate Rudy Gay with a passion, the guy is as talented as anyone in the NBA but never seems to put it together. I hope we don't make this trade.

vCash
    why lose the only decent SG we have to land a SF that doesnt put up much better numbers but is paid like his names Kobe? not to mention than tobias will never see the court and if we got to send out dunleavy also we'd really be screwed....

if we were to trade i think the best thing for us to be would do something along the lines of

mil out
    ellis
    ilyasova
    gooden

mil in
    brooks
    gay

nets out
    brooks
    filler?

nets in
    ilyasova
    possibly someone from the grizz?

grizz out
    gay

grizz in
    ellis
    gooden

that way we land a legit 3 and a good young 2 also would have a log jam at the 3 w harris luc dunleavy n gay i could see us using dunleavy at the 2 tho, i think henson could hold down the pf position

i dont know if cap works but thats the only way id want to do it is if we land him than trade luc mike but not tobias for a 2 or back up 4
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    n i hate ellis bt i dont see why we should get another forward like this team dont have enough already, also the other thread i started about starting mike instead of ellis when mike n jennings are on the floor mike seems to always get open n drain those 3's and jennings is always looking for him
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Rudy Gay contract is huge. $16,460,538 $17,888,932 $19,317,326
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/memphis-grizzlies-team-salary Only remotely way I would consider trading for him is if Ersan and Gooden were in the deal. They probably would want Moute as well. But then we shed some contracts fast. Also would automatically bump Harris to main back up sf. Unless Boylans pulls a Skiles and goes back to using Daniels a ton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Rudy Gay contract is huge. $16,460,538 $17,888,932 $19,317,326
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/memphis-grizzlies-team-salary Only remotely way I would consider trading for him is if Ersan and Gooden were in the deal. They probably would want Moute as well. But then we shed some contracts fast. Also would automatically bump Harris to main back up sf. Unless Boylans pulls a Skiles and goes back to using Daniels a ton.
    There is no reason at all why Memphis would take on Ersan and Gooden for Gay.

Look, Gay is overpaid. True. You know who else is overpaid? Every good player that comes to the Bucks. They HAVE to overpay to get people to come. You can talk about clearing cap room or whatever else, but the only way a guy like Gay would come to the Bucks in free agency is if they overpaid for him anyway. With Gay, if you trade for him, you overpay him for 2.5 years. If you sign a free agent, you overpay them for 5 years. That's just the way it is with the Bucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast