Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    My money's on Terry playoff time, he's proven player. All players have slumps, this is more of team issue than just Terry....and im not the biggest Jet fan, I like him but he's Celtics best option based on just pure scorer off the bench.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Just found this.

From the official site of the Boston Celtics : http://postups.celticsconnect.com/?source=011113

"If you’ve followed the Boston Celtics this season, you know that Jason Terry’s shooting numbers have been on a slow decline all season long. He shot 52.1 percent in November, 37.4 percent in December, and has shot 28.6 percent thus far in January."

For his career Terry has been a .447 shooter from the field.

Last season he dipped to .430

This season he is at .429 thus far.

1) What do you feel is the cause for his current slump?
    2) Can he turn it around or is he done?
    3) What do you see his seasonal shooting % for this season being?
    4) How long does he get to turn it around before he starts to lose minutes?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Terry's game against Pheonix was encouraging. 6-8, 1-3 on 3s and +19 overall

Bad D? maybe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    Terry's game against Pheonix was encouraging. 6-8, 1-3 on 3s and +19 overall

Bad D? maybe
    No, I think you give credit when it's due. Terry shot well.

He's aging but still playing 31 minutes a game?

Been starting this season instead of coming off the bench - matched up against better defenders?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Just found this.

From the official site of the Boston Celtics : http://postups.celticsconnect.com/?source=011113

"If you’ve followed the Boston Celtics this season, you know that Jason Terry’s shooting numbers have been on a slow decline all season long. He shot 52.1 percent in November, 37.4 percent in December, and has shot 28.6 percent thus far in January."

For his career Terry has been a .447 shooter from the field.

Last season he dipped to .430

This season he is at .429 thus far.

1) What do you feel is the cause for his current slump?
    2) Can he turn it around or is he done?
    3) What do you see his seasonal shooting % for this season being?
    4) How long does he get to turn it around before he starts to lose minutes?
    1) Not being in the west coast offense that he was used to playing in Dallas which has decrease his number of fga IMO...

2) Yes he can turn it around... Being last season was a shortened season I'm sure had something to do with it... Also Dallas is in disrray this season which probably actually started last season... They also were coming off a championship last season...

3) I say he creeps up a little past the %430, maybe %440, but his lower fga this season won't help...

4) Doc's loyalty will keep his minutes right where they are right now... There's a big difference between Doc's loyalty for Terry vs. Lee and it is pretty obvious... Doc sticks with him all season...

Lee gets 23min and scores 13 with 5 reb... Next night he gets 8min and scores 2...

Terry gets 31min and goes 1 for 15 with 4pts and 1 assist... Next night he gets 30min... (11pts and 4assists though)...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12