Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Best pure scorer off the bench...

I've really been impressed with Barbosa.

I understand Terry has a history of big games and I understand that Terry having to start has messed up his flow - still yet I'd like to see Barbosa somehow get more minutes.

vCash
    Barbosa's FG percentage is worse than Terry's.

I do think Barbosa should get more minutes when Terry is going cold, but his defense is just as bad. And with Avery and Lee it's hard to see where his playing time fits in. Let's not forget his quick production tonight was against scrubs in garbage minutes.

And for the record, Pierce is the team's best pure scorer.
    Last edited by Sportfan; 01-05-2013 at 12:34 AM.

vCash
    Barbosa and Lee seem to have good chemistry together.

Barbosa has demonstrated much better defensive aptitude than has Terry.

And Barbosa brings energy to the floor. He immediately changes the pace / tempo. If Doc wants to push the ball as he is always saying he does, Barbosa is a hands down better option than Terry.

Terry is a liability on the floor when he doesn't play defense, which is quite often. Collins played more minutes than Terry did tonight and I would bet a plugged nickle it was because of defense, or lack thereof again.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-05-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Barbosa isn't a defensive liability?

vCash
    green should be the guy but its terry for now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrianscal View Post
    green should be the guy but its terry for now
    It would be nice if Green were that guy, but I don't think he is that type of player. H

Terry has been in his past, pre-Celtic days. He has not been shooting well of late and pretty much refuses to engage defensively. Is that due to starting and trying to pace himself? Is it because he's getting old? I really don't know. When he is not hitting his shots and not playing good 1 v 1 defense he is a huge liability on the court.

What I took from tonights game - the line up, rotations and distribution of minutes - is the Celtics have decided their identity is going to that of a defensive team. Jason Collins played more minutes than Jason Terry tonight... that's a pretty strong message to send.

Doc has made some very revealing statements of late. To paraphrase, "when we hit our shots, we play good defense." Those comments struck me as very, very odd. It is usually your offense that feeds off your defense afterall. That's the way it should be... and I think we saw that tonight, or at least the beginning of that once again being the emphasis.

Lee played exceptionally well tonight and has been out playing Terry on a regular basis the last few games. He's not the volume scorer that Terry once was. Lee is more like Green - he takes what the game gives him- only Lee does so a little more aggressively than Green does.

The instant offense guy right now, Barbosa should get an opportunity to fill that role. It is one he is familar with. He steps onto the court looking to score. He pushes the pace and ups the tempo. And he gets deflections and is otherwise disruptive... Barbosa's problem is that he can be as disruptive to his own team as he is to the opponents. Not the case tonight.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Barbosa isn't a defensive liability?
    No, he plays solid D.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Barbosa's FG percentage is worse than Terry's.

I do think Barbosa should get more minutes when Terry is going cold, but his defense is just as bad. And with Avery and Lee it's hard to see where his playing time fits in. Let's not forget his quick production tonight was against scrubs in garbage minutes.

True, but Pierce starts... Thread asked who the best scorer off the bench was...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Barbosa is that instant spark off the bench. I see him coming in real handy come playoff time.

vCash
    And the thread focuses on the bench...

vCash
    Well after tonight, give Barbosa Terry's minutes. I don't care if Terry was the big signing - he's not getting it done whereas Barbosa is maximizing him minutes. Trade Terry! Lol
    Last edited by Before4; 01-07-2013 at 10:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Before4 View Post
    Well after tonight, give Barbosa Terry's minutes. I don't care if Terry was the big signing - he's not getting it done whereas Barbosa is maximizing him minutes. Trade Terry! Lol
    x10

vCash
    Terry is the best pure scorer off the bench.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    Terry is the best pure scorer off the bench.
    Not right now he isn't.

He's in mired a shooting slump. 36 for his last 100 shots. Only shooting .421 for the year which is .026 off his career average.

At one time, there would have been little dispute about Terry's firepower... not so right now.

In comparsion Lee is 50 for his last 100 shots and is shooting .475 overall which is up from his career average of .442.

Two ships passing in the night and going opposite directions?

Barbosa has been hot since returning but he's been off overall as well. The difference bewteen he and Terry is the energy Barbosa plays with. Terry used to be an energy player. Maybe once he returns to coming off the bench permanently that energy will return to his game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Before4 View Post
    How about giving Lee his mins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast