Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Does Sullinger Need More Minutes?

He has already got many more minutes tonight than Collins and Bass, but should he on a more frequent basis. Many parts of his game cannot be seen in any kind of stats (ex. charges, second-chance buckets, etc.), but his rebounding numbers are also better than anyone else on the team:

(http://www.basketball-reference.com/...r_minute::none)

I just think theres no reason why Bass should be playing more on a regular basis.

vCash
    No
    El Presidente

vCash
    Not to mention he has the second highest +/- on the team and is only one of three that have a positive +/- rating.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusmi...9&team=Celtics

vCash
    Absolutely. What exactly do Collins and Bass bring that Sully doesn't? Bass might have a better offense but Sully's rebounding is worlds better than both players.

He's been averaging 6 boards a game since December 1st in a little under 18 minutes

Sure he might not be a very good defender and foul-prone, but his DRTG is 103, 2nd best behind KG. His ORTG is 112 which is the best for the team after Wilcox (how does he have a 125 lol). He's made big strides already since the season started in his game. The top 3 bigs on this team should be, KG, Sully and Wilcox. Take away the 40 minutes we give Bass and Collins, (Bass can have 10-12) and this team is better already. Collins needs to get out asap

vCash
    Unfortunately, no.

I think eventually Sully will earn more minutes, but he is his own worst enemy right now. The kid cannot stay in the game due to foul trouble. Some of that is due to being a rookie and the referee's not knowing him yet. Some of it is due to over exuberance on his part. He makes a lot of mistakes that lead to him being called for fouls. That's okay. You want him to be aggressive, to make aggressive mistakes much more so than make mistakes of passivity. He displays a very good game IQ in other facets of his play so he will get better at knowing when to give a foul andwhen to preserve fouls. It will come and when it does, his minutes should increase too.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-04-2013 at 11:14 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    i think he definitely should. I understand Collins has a little more size but id still give a rebounding edge to sully. all collins does is foul so even if sully has his games where he gets in foul trouble its not like that wouldnt be the same thing if it were collins, but sully might actually do something other than wasting those fouls. Also the more he plays the more the refs will get used to him and the more his "being a rookie" will wear off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Unfortunately, no.

I think eventually Sully will earn more minutes, but he is his own worst enemy right now. The kid cannot stay in the game due to foul trouble. Some of that is due to being a rookie and the referee's not knowing him yet. Some of it is due to over exuberance on his part. He makes a lot of mistakes that lead to him being called for fouls. That's okay. You want him to be aggressive, to make aggressive mistakes much more so than make mistakes of passivity. He displays a very good game IQ in other facets of his play so he will get better at knowing when to give a foul andwhen to preserve fouls. It will come and when it does, his minutes should increase too.
    . Our starting center plays 14 minutes a game and has more fouls than sully. your arguing that we should limit sully's minutes because he fouls too much despite making our offense and defense better when he's on the court?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    . Our starting center plays 14 minutes a game and has more fouls than sully. your arguing that we should limit sully's minutes because he fouls too much despite making our offense and defense better when he's on the court?
    Reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it?

If I don't reply to any more of your posts, well, it's because you made my ignore list.

Life's just too short.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-04-2013 at 11:35 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it?
    what am i misreading? Please clear it up for me for me genius

vCash
    I don't think any where Opalmerr said the C's should limit Sully's minutes... He actually said that Sully will eventually earn his minutes and stated reasons why he (Sully) is actually hurting his own minutes...

I think Doc is doing a great job with Sully and I can actually see him ending the season with closer to 25pmg...

I also said yesterday that mark it down, Sully will go from 3.1 fouls this season to 1.5 fouls next season...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    I think Doc has him right were he needs to be. He has back issues that the team needs to monitor, and he has to really work on his conditioning in the offseason. He is progressing well and I will give him that. Not bad for a rook.
    P(NBA)S(NBA)D. Yeah we sometimes talk about other sports.

vCash
    what am i misreading? Please clear it up for me for me genius
    Your arrogance is exceeded only by your ignorance. You kiss Corey's butt so you think you can just act like a dick and nobody can touch you. Have fun on my ignore list and I hope it gets to the point where almost everybody ignores you and you end up talking to only Corey.

When you grow up and realize that being a lackey to a kid who tries to tough-guy his way into respect...on a basketball forum...is super lame - I hope the realization doesn't send you into a downward spiral ending in hard drugs and homelessness. Hope your life goes well, junior.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magichatnumber9 View Post
    I think Doc has him right were he needs to be. He has back issues that the team needs to monitor, and he has to really work on his conditioning in the offseason. He is progressing well and I will give him that. Not bad for a rook.
    right on the money.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Collins racking up fouls is irrelevant. Even if he never committed one, he wouldn't play much because he isn't very good. He's in there because we don't have another body that can defend the P&R as well as him.

Sully, on the other hand, has to keep his fouls down so he can be on the court because he's worth putting out there for extended time. He can't play more minutes because he'd just foul out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I don't think any where Opalmerr said the C's should limit Sully's minutes... He actually said that Sully will eventually earn his minutes and stated reasons why he (Sully) is actually hurting his own minutes...

I think Doc is doing a great job with Sully and I can actually see him ending the season with closer to 25pmg...

I also said yesterday that mark it down, Sully will go from 3.1 fouls this season to 1.5 fouls next season...
    The first thing he said was no. Sullinger's minutes are currently limited. I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    Your arrogance is exceeded only by your ignorance. You kiss Corey's butt so you think you can just act like a dick and nobody can touch you. Have fun on my ignore list and I hope it gets to the point where almost everybody ignores you and you end up talking to only Corey.

When you grow up and realize that being a lackey to a kid who tries to tough-guy his way into respect...on a basketball forum...is super lame - I hope the realization doesn't send you into a downward spiral ending in hard drugs and homelessness. Hope your life goes well, junior.
    I kiss Corey's butt? I argue with him all the time about Rondo. I know he talks with an attitude. But I can at least respect him for his opinion, and has the intelligence to back up what he believes in. I can't say the same for many of you on this board.

You're attacking me for the way I post, not what I am posting. Please tell me what I said that was wrong, and don't go off topic. kay dot.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Collins racking up fouls is irrelevant. Even if he never committed one, he wouldn't play much because he isn't very good. He's in there because we don't have another body that can defend the P&R as well as him.

Sully, on the other hand, has to keep his fouls down so he can be on the court because he's worth putting out there for extended time. He can't play more minutes because he'd just foul out.
    Collins hasn't defended the P&R well at all though. He's been solid in the post but that is all he is doing. He's a liability on offense, he can't rebound at all, he really should not get more than 5 minutes to give hard fouls.

I really think people have underestimated Sully's presence defensively His defensive points per possession is .71, 15th in the league. He's allowing 33% opp FG. He's been effective defending the post. I'm not saying he should be DPOY or anything now, but Sullinger needs to have an expanded role, he shouldn't be 9th on the team in minutes like he currently is. Bass and Collins have been our worst players of the overall 12 man rotation, especially Collins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast