Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Afflalo is a fine 3rd or 4th option, but here he's been a 1 or 2 most of the time. I don't think there's a reason to keep him, and I do think he has value for other teams.

I think pretty much everyone here is OK with trading anyone really besides the super young guys, mainly Vucevic.
    That's the reason you trade Afflalo now. He's not a starter. He's a backup.
    Can I get all the non Bandwagon true fans to stand up?

vCash
    He's not a starter? Kid off yourself, you are an inept basketball fan
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    No I am realistic. Yes he is scoring double digit points but he is inefficient at best. He also is not playing great defense every night. Ineffecient on offense and defense equals bench. Plus, even though he is having issues this is the best he has EVER played. That means he is at his ceiling. Why pay him if he is done. Why wait when you can trade him now. Is he a major piece like Dwight? Then why keep him? I say clear the books, play with all the young guys next year, and get a great set of picks for 2014. I would maybe keep one guy, prefererably Redick or Nelson (great leader but also can get the Afflalo treatment for inconsistency)

vCash
    He can start for Chicago, OKC, or San Antonio where a lot of scoring may not be needed, but not on a team that needs a go to guy. Especially, if we trade Davis. Vuc is doing good but he's not quite ready to carry the load.

vCash
    No, he's plenty good enough to be a starter, but, like you said, he needs another 2 or so scoring options around him. He just can't be one of the main guys, like he is here in Orlando.

You can't really base a starter off of how well he is when he's the #1 or #2 guy. If that were the case, so many guys wouldn't qualify as starters that this league might as well play 3v3 ball. Afflalo is good enough to be a starter in this league, he's just not good enough to be "The Man" on any team.

vCash
    Afflalo is a good starter, he's a glue guy. You don't build around him, but he's a piece you want around a stud player
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Yeah. Afflalo is a fine starter...he's just not a #1 guy. On this team, he too often has to be.

Like Rap said, he's a secondary piece...not a guy you build around. We have a lot of those guys, which is why we should move them.

vCash
    Lol he scores 30 every week, and is a top 5 perimeter defender, he was never brought in to "build around" that was a selling ploy. He was a trade piece from day 1. But saying he's not a starter but jj redick is? Lmaooooooooooooooooooo from now one I'm coming to this forum when I'm having a bad day. These ppl never run out of comedic material
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    I really want the rapid change. I do not want to wait 3 or 5 years to see if we have a team this year competitor .. this is lost and to make major changes to the team, a quick fix please. magic fan!!

vCash
    None of us want to wait a long time for change, for a better team, Tito. However, adding to this team just doesn't make sense from a competing stand point. Yes, we seem to do fairly well on a nightly basis. However, one player isn't going to turn this team from 10+ games below .500 to a contender just like that. Including the fact that we'd have to give up some of our young and proven talent alike to get said player, it's just not worth it. Not with this roster.

It's either sell, or stand pat at this point. Buying shouldn't really be an option at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kkalu View Post
    No I am realistic. Yes he is scoring double digit points but he is inefficient at best. He also is not playing great defense every night. Ineffecient on offense and defense equals bench. Plus, even though he is having issues this is the best he has EVER played. That means he is at his ceiling. Why pay him if he is done. Why wait when you can trade him now. Is he a major piece like Dwight? Then why keep him? I say clear the books, play with all the young guys next year, and get a great set of picks for 2014. I would maybe keep one guy, prefererably Redick or Nelson (great leader but also can get the Afflalo treatment for inconsistency)
    I don't think he's overly inconsistent. Sounds like you're putting too much emphasize on his worst game of the season thus far (1-11) shooting. But he has to play at a level that he really isn't capable of. He would never be the #1 guy on a championship team, but he can start in this league, that's for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by titotribu View Post
    I really want the rapid change. I do not want to wait 3 or 5 years to see if we have a team this year competitor .. this is lost and to make major changes to the team, a quick fix please. magic fan!!
    It's unrealistic to expect us to immediately jump back into contention after losing Dwight.

It's wiser to take our time than to start throwing money at players this off-season. Quick fixes tend to be expensive and risky.

vCash
    Greg Oden???

vCash
    If the Grizzlies do trade Gay, don’t expect them to acquire a star player or even a high-potential rookie. The more likely scenario is Gay being traded for a package that includes several role players on short, reasonable contracts and possibly a draft pick. That’s why players like Jared Dudley of the Phoenix Suns and J.J. Redick of the Orlando Magic have been mentioned as realistic targets for Memphis. Bradley Beal of the Washington Wizards was briefly mentioned as a possibility, but that was quickly shot down, which lines up with the idea that teams aren’t willing to move a star-in-the-making for Gay. HoopsWorld

vCash
    Phoenix have 5 draft picks this year ....http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft
    we help phoenix to keep gay and we have 1 draft pick for phoenix..???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast