Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Victimize View Post
    That might not necessarily be true. I would assume they prefer Barnes, but they have no shooters and Klay would be a great fit with Z-Bo and Gasol. Its not like they have a long term solution at SG either.
    well they might very well ask for both.... and say GS is still unloading a bad contract and still landing the best player in the trade. I dont see the warriors giving up two starters from a 22-10 team. (BTW- theres a good chance that atleast one of the two Barnes or thompson becomes an elite player in the next 2-3 yrs)

my guess is if they had to choose one or the other they would take barnes.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bjfhnn7

PG: Curry-Jack
    SG: Thompson-Bazemore
    SF: Gay-Green
    PF: Lee-Landry-Tyler
    C: Bogut-Biedrins-Ezeli

I'm not sure I would make that deal, but it's one scenario that works salary wise.
    Wow, great trade proposal, really toes the line of whether I'd accept it or not. If you'd have said this at the beginning of the season I'd have done it in a heartbeat. But I don't think I would now...

I'm not sure Gay is a good enough team player to play on our team. I don't want Gay taking shots from Curry, Lee, Thompson, Bogut, Barnes, Landry and Jack. If you get Gay, you mess up the team chemistry, adding an alpha is risky. All the other players get diminished roles even though your talent level goes up. We should sit tight and hope Bogut comes back.

If we have want to make a move, get a center to backup Bogut and replace his if he doesn't come back healthy.

Don't get rid of cheap long contracts like Barnes and Jenkins for a guy who would be the 4th best player on your team after Curry, Lee, and Bogut.

If it happened I would SHM because we finally have a great team. At the same time, I'd be excited to see how it plays out. Who knows, maybe Gay would be more unselfish and buy into our philosophy. Hope he's not a prima donna
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    Wow, great trade proposal, really toes the line of whether I'd accept it or not. If you'd have said this at the beginning of the season I'd have done it in a heartbeat. But I don't think I would now...

I'm not sure Gay is a good enough team player to play on our team. I don't want Gay taking shots from Curry, Lee, Thompson, Bogut, Barnes, Landry and Jack. If you get Gay, you mess up the team chemistry, adding an alpha is risky. All the other players get diminished roles even though your talent level goes up. We should sit tight and hope Bogut comes back.

If we have want to make a move, get a center to backup Bogut and replace his if he doesn't come back healthy.

Don't get rid of cheap long contracts like Barnes and Jenkins for a guy who would be the 4th best player on your team after Curry, Lee, and Bogut.

If it happened I would SHM because we finally have a great team. At the same time, I'd be excited to see how it plays out. Who knows, maybe Gay would be more unselfish and buy into our philosophy. Hope he's not a prima donna
    Even if bogut comes back, there is no way he is gonna be an elite center again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post

I think gay would be better than you are guessing. curry and lee would probably drop a couple points per game. Gays got the kind of athletic body that could match up with the lebrons and carmellos though. Barnes might be there in a year or so though.... so its tough.

This isnt the type of shake up a 22-10 team makes... especially considering that the pieces were are thinking ofg giving up are going to be improving over the next 2 or 3 yrs... while they are on good contracts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellisgw View Post
    Even if bogut comes back, there is no way he is gonna be an elite center again.
    kinda hard to say at this point.

After watching adrian peterson this yr..... tear his acl, come back early, and not miss a beat... even to get back into game shape.

Medical procedures are getting better and better and better. Bogut didnt dominate the game with freak athletic ability anyway though. hes a very smart player, who had length, good size/ strength, great hands,.... he didnt need to be the most athletic guy ont he court to be productive.
    Last edited by likemystylez; 01-04-2013 at 07:52 PM.

vCash
    So can someone tell me this... why are we even talking about adding another player? We are playing almost flawless basketball, top 10 in the league in almost every category. What will adding rudy gay do for us? Just give us another monta ellis type of player. What i like about barnes is that he really limits himself, and that's why we win. he takes basically 10 shots a game. If he makes them then we win by alot, if he misses, we still win because he isn't forcing everything. Barnes can't play the 2 because he isn't consistent of a shooter, and i spacing would be horrible with barnes and gay on the floor at the same time. this is the stupidest thing ever. the only thing we could use is an upgrade at center, but even now we aren't getting dominated in the paint so we are good.

fail

vCash
    we don't need gay. we need bogut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    I'd rather keep Barnes than Thompson
    x2.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    which one is more likely to be in our starting line up this yr is the question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    I think I agree with this. If we are still playing at this high of a level by the deadline with or without Bogut, I wouldn't pull the trigger on a like this. I would also need to watch Gay play more as I honestly have only seen him play when we're playing the Grizzlies. I think he could be considered overpaid at 16 mill a year, which is big with the cap structure.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robbnen#31 View Post
    I think I agree with this. If we are still playing at this high of a level by the deadline with or without Bogut, I wouldn't pull the trigger on a like this. I would also need to watch Gay play more as I honestly have only seen him play when we're playing the Grizzlies. I think he could be considered overpaid at 16 mill a year, which is big with the cap structure.
    hes definitely overpaid... but hes a very good player whos overpaid. We would unload jefferson or beidrins in a trade for gay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    hes definitely overpaid... but hes a very good player whos overpaid. We would unload jefferson or beidrins in a trade for gay.
    That's true but we have to assume one of Thompson or Barnes would be in this deal. Personally, I would rather keep Barnes but then the question arises of can either Barnes or Gay play the 2 well?
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    I would make that trade Mibs proposed. I do love me some Barnes though. Once he gets his confidence up he's going to be a stud.

vCash
    Nope, and not even close.

Upside, contract, chemistry, fit ... keep Barnes.

I'm tired of the team losing, but I'm also tired of turning over young players before they get a chance.

vCash
    haha..i sparked this thread with my proposal in that other thread...

though id like to keep barnes and see how he pans out, if we want to win now, we trade for a gay, iggy, granger type.

barnes needs 2 more years minimum

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast