Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Harrison has shown the willingness to play defense and maybe thats because of the coach, but thats why I think he has a higher ceiling than Gay. When Barnes adds some weight and strength, he's going to improve on both ends of the court. At this point, I think they're not utilizing him the way they should. I've seen him make some terrific moves and some I didn't even know he could make, like going left and finishing left.

Gay makes $16.5M this season, while Barnes on his rookie contract makes $2.7. There isn't a $14M gap between those guys in terms of production, especially if Harrison gets more minutes.

But if it's not your money, it's not your fiscal concern. That's what I don't understand about fans all worried about the owners money who is a billionaire.

vCash
    owners personal wealth has nothing to do with BRI, basketball related income on a team. each team has a fixed salary cap if you havent noticed.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    But if it's not your money, it's not your fiscal concern. That's what I don't understand about fans all worried about the owners money who is a billionaire.
    There aren't a lot of owners in the league that are willing to go over the luxury tax, let a lone one that will go over it for the sake of putting together a team. I'm all over paying the luxury tax to sustain success, not to build a team that may or may not have it. So when thinking of moves to make, you really have to take into consideration the financial aspects of it. Its true, its not our money, but as fans, we do contribute to it with the purchase of tickets, merchandise and even watching it on TV (getting through all the commercials). Its comes to what you want the team to do and whats realistic. I'd love Lacob and Gruber to go spend $90M of their money to put together a championship caliber team, but it just isn't realistic.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789