Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Because the fans that hate Bargnani "demand" that he doesn't start or that he's punished by the franchise. They don't see the need to be expedient with the assets available to the coach. It's all about getting rid of the hated player or benching him.
    In Jamie's Case, he prefers a traditional big to the new breed, with him it's a preference of play, apposed to an individual's talent.

Others have differing reason, some beyond basketball. Where Jamie is concerned he has a case to be made & belief I don't mind debating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ramz.n View Post
    a healthy lowry should start imo...calderon, bargnani and amir johnson can become a real solid supporting cast off the bench once this team is capable of making the playoffs.

lowry/calderon
    t ross/anderson
    dd/kleiza
    davis/bargnani
    val/amir

imo the would be my lineup once everyone is healthy for the second half of the season.
    WHy put Klieza over Fields? Klieza is injured and Fields has been pretty decent since he came back.

vCash
    How I would love to have Jermaine O'neal on the raptors...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    In Jamie's Case, he prefers a traditional big to the new breed, with him it's a preference of play, apposed to an individual's talent.

Others have differing reason, some beyond basketball. Where Jamie is concerned he has a case to be made & belief I don't mind debating.
    that's not even the case necessarily. Bargnani doesn't represent a new breed. it's not like there are other guys really that present the challenge that he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    what i want to hear is Bargnani will be coming off the bench. if Bargnani is temporarily starting at center than Val might be the one that comes off the bench when he comes back. not really the result i'm looking for.
    Understand your reasoning/development.

I know Bargnani has not earned his right to anything, especially to disrupt anyone who is playing well but were talking about replacing Gray & or Gray as a place holder.

For all we know they could be looking to start him to raise his trade value.

The result I'm looking at, is giving up the least value on our pick.

vCash
    Understand your reasoning/development.

I know Bargnani has not earned his right to anything, especially to disrupt anyone who is playing well but were talking about replacing Gray & or Gray as a place holder.

For all we know they could be looking to start him to raise his trade value.

The result I'm looking at, is giving up the least value on our pick.
    if that's casey's preference i'm okay with it. if it's not his influence than it's frustrating as hell man.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    that's not even the case necessarily. Bargnani doesn't represent a new breed. it's not like there are other guys really that present the challenge that he does.
    Didn't get the gist of this post, can you clarify?.

vCash
    if that's casey's preference i'm okay with it. if it's not his influence than it's frustrating as hell man.
    Forget Casey or any other influence.

If you were coach, would you start Gray over Bargnani?

IMO, with Bargnani, it all comes down to how the team chooses to utilize him & accountability. The individual has the talent to be effective.

The thing most people are upset about "fairness & accountability", is not in his control.

vCash
    Didn't get the gist of this post, can you clarify?.
    well what is "the new breed" of big, to you? to me that would be the guys like Garnett who are more athletic than bruiser, who prefer to face the basket from 15-18 feet rather than plant themselves in the paint. i have no reason to dislike this kind of player.

vCash
    Forget Casey or any other influence.

If you were coach, would you start Gray over Bargnani?

IMO, with Bargnani, it all comes down to how the team chooses to utilize him & accountability. The individual has the talent to be effective.

The thing most people are upset about "fairness & accountability", is not in his control.
    see, i can't forget Casey or any other influence. i've got a locker room to worry about. i'd start Amir personally but if i didn't have that option, yes i'd start Gray. Andrea has to earn his way back into the starting lineup by becoming as interested on the defensive end as he is in scoring points, and there is no time like the present to send him that message.

in a universe without consequences i would start Andrea.

vCash
    well what is "the new breed" of big, to you? to me that would be the guys like Garnett who are more athletic than bruiser, who prefer to face the basket from 15-18 feet rather than plant themselves in the paint. i have no reason to dislike this kind of player.
    Finesse stretch 4's, the Channing frye's, Dantoni's style offense beyond the arc spacing.

vCash
    Finesse stretch 4's, the Channing frye's, Dantoni's style offense beyond the arc spacing.
    channing frye is the new breed of bigs? ewwwww.

vCash
    see, i can't forget Casey or any other influence. i've got a locker room to worry about. i'd start Amir personally but if i didn't have that option, yes i'd start Gray. Andrea has to earn his way back into the starting lineup by becoming as interested on the defensive end as he is in scoring points, and there is no time like the present to send him that message.

in a universe without consequences i would start Andrea.
    Amir is my favorite player on this team & I would love nothing more for him to start. However he & Davis are too undersized for some rotations. Don't think you could get away with starting both against every team.

That said, I do like the idea of Bargnani being forced to earn his right to start but as I mentioned there may be other factors determining the choice to start..

vCash
    channing frye is the new breed of bigs? ewwwww.
    That's what I'm saying, you don't like the new breed.

Another example, is Miami going small with Battier at PF.

vCash
    channing frye is a bad example. reason being that nobody starts Channing Frye by choice. they do it because they don't have any better options IMO.

if channing frye is the new breed than what the heck does that make Garnett? traditional? i thought by traditional you were talking back to the basket type players, big lumbering bodies who rebound and provide intimidation in the paint but not much else. now i'm just confused.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast