Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    channing frye is a bad example. reason being that nobody starts Channing Frye by choice. they do it because they don't have any better options IMO.

if channing frye is the new breed than what the heck does that make Garnett? traditional? i thought by traditional you were talking back to the basket type players, big lumbering bodies who rebound and provide intimidation in the paint but not much else. now i'm just confused.
    IMO there was 3 stages,

POWER forward = traditional

KG = power/finesse

New breed = finesse

How many true POWER forward's are there in the league?.

Miami has taken Bosh who I consider stage 2 power/finesse & turned him into a centre to play Battier at PF in order to not clog the paint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    IMO there was 3 stages,

POWER forward = traditional

KG = power/finesse

New breed = finesse
    see, KG/Bosh are the guys that i call the new breed for the reasons i already mentioned.

fringe players like Frye that can shoot the 3 have always been around. but if we are defining the new breed by the Channing Fryes of the world then you are absolutely right, not my type of player.

range/the ability to shoot the 3, to me, are only really valuable if they are in addition to traditional big skills, not a substitute for them.

going small for stretches at a time is different. also not new.

How many true POWER forward's are there in the league?.
    not many, that's for sure. most of them get funnelled into the center position i'd say because of the proliferation of exceedingly tall athletic players.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-05-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    see, KG/Bosh are the guys that i call the new breed for the reasons i already mentioned.

fringe players like Frye that can shoot the 3 have always been around. but if we are defining the new breed by the Channing Fryes of the world then you are absolutely right, not my type of player.
    Frye was a poor example,

range/the ability to shoot the 3, to me, are only really valuable if they are in addition to traditional big skills, not a substitute for them.
    Most stretch 4's average between 6-8 rebounds most likely due to positioning, not ability. Bargnani, the exception.

going small for stretches at a time is different. also not new.
    Miami has gone permanently small & have opted for finesse/spacing over power/size.

vCash
    not many, that's for sure. most of them get funnelled into the center position i'd say because of the proliferation of exceedingly tall athletic players.
    Big's on a whole, want to be guards. When you see a 280 pound Drummond fading for a jumper, you know the game has changed.

I'm out

vCash
    Most stretch 4's average between 6-8 rebounds most likely due to positioning, not ability. Bargnani, the exception.
    i'm not really sure i believe that. position might be a part of it, but i think it's a fairly small one.

the reason i disagree is because i don't believe anyone with the size and ability to score effectively on the block would be utilized the way that players like Channing Frye are utilized.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234