Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up Ed Davis secures starting role?

Casey just said Ed Davis has made his case to earn his position even when Bargnani comes back
    https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/statu...31359918276608

Casey: we may have to ammend the role cards we handed out at start of the season. Said that based on play of Calderon & Davis #RTZ #SN590
    https://twitter.com/Paul__Jones/stat...34097842470912

I have been saying for a couple of years now that Andrea Bargnani could thrive in the sixth man role. Hopefully that happens now.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash
    There's no doubt he has. He's much more confident and consistent with his jump shot. He's improved defensively as well. There's still a lot of room for improvement because he's inefficient if he isn't in his sweet spot but he's only in his 3rd year and now finally getting extended minutes. Bargnani should and will be relegated to a bench role upon his return. Ed is producing better both offensively and defensively in Andrea's absence.

vCash
    ed davis is one of the most promising pf in the league. bargs had reached his potential.

starting ed is common sense.
    if bargs returns and starts bc should be fired on the spot.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/statu...31359918276608

https://twitter.com/Paul__Jones/stat...34097842470912

I have been saying for a couple of years now that Andrea Bargnani could thrive in the sixth man role. Hopefully that happens now.
    Good to see Ed be given some respect for his dedication.

And yes, you have been talking about the 6th man role for a while now. We'll see how it works out. A trade may end up being better. This injury-benching has really allowed a lot of good to come forward.

Ed's time seems to be now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    There's no doubt he has. He's much more confident and consistent with his jump shot. He's improved defensively as well. There's still a lot of room for improvement because he's inefficient if he isn't in his sweet spot but he's only in his 3rd year and now finally getting extended minutes. Bargnani should and will be relegated to a bench role upon his return. Ed is producing better both offensively and defensively in Andrea's absence.
    The great thing is that the franchise has developed BOTH of them and not gone all-in with Bargnani. Having Ed develop in the wings has paid off big time for the club.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    The great thing is that the franchise has developed BOTH of them and not gone all-in with Bargnani. Having Ed develop in the wings has paid off big time for the club.
    Absolutely, and at the end of the day we have Amir who can play extended minutes as well. If bargnani can accept and thrive in his bench role then the depth of this team is pretty incredible. I mean think about it, Ed, Amir, Andrea and Jonas as your bigs. Lowry and Jose have a solid combination as pg's. AA, Demar, Ross have been impressive at the wings. No outstanding players but all are competent at what they do.

I really feel though that we need some veterans on this orster. Jose is the oldest player here and he's never really won in his career. We need someone who's been on winning teams and i think that's where magloire helped a lot last year. We need more of that this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    Absolutely, and at the end of the day we have Amir who can play extended minutes as well. If bargnani can accept and thrive in his bench role then the depth of this team is pretty incredible. I mean think about it, Ed, Amir, Andrea and Jonas as your bigs. Lowry and Jose have a solid combination as pg's. AA, Demar, Ross have been impressive at the wings. No outstanding players but all are competent at what they do.

I really feel though that we need some veterans on this orster. Jose is the oldest player here and he's never really won in his career. We need someone who's been on winning teams and i think that's where magloire helped a lot last year. We need more of that this year.
    That depth that's starting to perform well is also a group of appreciating assets. So the better they play the more possibility of swinging a trade for a bonafide veteran. We may have to part with some of that depth but at least now their value is becoming more apparent throughout the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    That depth that's starting to perform well is also a group of appreciating assets. So the better they play the more possibility of swinging a trade for a bonafide veteran. We may have to part with some of that depth but at least now their value is becoming more apparent throughout the league.
    I don't even think that it has to be a big name or a starter. A guy like Magloire (Just using him as an example) understands what players go through and can share his wisdom in every type of situation. I just feel that's what this team is missing and is one of the things that NYK have been able to capitalize on. Players like that help other players with the mindset and preparation because they have respect within the lockerroom though i feel that Lowry and Jose are very vocal leaders on this roster and that can maybe diminish our need for veterans.

vCash
    Good for him! I hope he continues his strong play and gets his rebounding up a little bit more.

vCash
    good to see the whole forum agreeing on something. we've all wanted to see steady eddy get more mins. he has def earned a starting role.

vCash
    Been calling for this forr ages. Happy its happening. I've been shocked with his improvement this year

vCash
    He should've been starting well before the injury to Bargs.

vCash
    Awesome
    Twitter me PSDers I follow back @Electrro

vCash
    I have always liked Ed because his mold is very similar to that of Al Horford. I do admit I have been an advocate of trading him to get us a proven piece because he's a young enticing piece. But now I would like to keep him.

vCash
    Great!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast