Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    They wouldn't be playing on the same field as the Mets per se, they'd wheel in a big *** piece of turf/grass and lay it down over the diamond.

These transformations can happen quick and easy. Yankee Stadium does it every year for the Pinstripe Bowl, and Citi has had international soccer games before. Hell, in the Carrier Dome here at Syracuse, they assemble a basketball court and bleachers on 1/3 of the football field in a few hours at the most. They have it down to a science.

Logistics wouldn't be too hard.

Pic of what the layout looks like:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=7
    Last edited by Angry Norwegian; 01-07-2013 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    what is an sss? Dont you just hate it when people speak in acronyms?

Like PSD. What the hell does it mean?
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    sorry man. I put what it was in my first post in this thread. SSS = soccer specific stadium
    Thanks, Now I'll be able to sleep tonight.

That said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take all of our APHs and PsBTB and put them in an SSS.

Just sayin.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Right now the other option is to build a new soccer stadium in Flushing Meadow Park, which is something I don't support (it was taking away public park land to give public subsidizes to the developers to build a free stadium for MLS).

So I support Citifield hosting football (it's football to me). I don't want a new stadium in Flushing Meadow.

vCash
    Hob bout an sss east of Montauk. Plenty of room out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12