Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 10:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
    Pierce is the modern Larry for the franchise, and one can argue that Paul's been more loyal to Boston than the team's been to him. I'd also argue that despite the fact each of us here have our Bird jersey's that we'll take to the grave from the 80's and 90's, etc, Pierce has been the right type of captain even more than Larry was in a certain way that's been right all along (The heart). You don't trade your icons, not in their current position. We're all human, and Pierce isn't a god, unlike what Kobe may or may not believe about himself. But that's been the beauty of Paul's legacy ever to begin with, right, as this one has always had the RIGHT type of heart as a leader, and he deserves to go out wearing #34 for Boston in the NBA hall of fame while retiring with them (Unless, again, he himself wants out). This is the one crucial point to have been here throughout.

Much thanks for all of your comments/opinions. I don't agree with Corey's position on this select argument, but he's certainly one of the nicest and most intelligent mods one could ever find that makes all of this possible daily for the rest of us-thanks bud, and to the rest of you, the same.
    It might make Pierce harder to trade from a business/franchise perspective, but it doesn't make Pierce un-tradable. He was in trade talk last season as well. If the right deal comes along, Ainge isn't afraid to pull the trigger I dont think.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 10:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    It might make Pierce harder to trade from a business/franchise perspective, but it doesn't make Pierce un-tradable. He was in trade talk last season as well. If the right deal comes along, Ainge isn't afraid to pull the trigger I dont think.
    ^This agreed.

It's a business guys, expect Celtics to make a move over next two weeks. The Celtics must make moves going ahead. This team is, " dead in water " right now and I expect atleast one move maybe two.

I would trade P. Pierce for Rudy Gay. He is younger and better right now, it's that simple.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    ^This agreed.

It's a business guys, expect Celtics to make a move over next two weeks. The Celtics must make moves going ahead. This team is, " dead in water " right now and I expect atleast one move maybe two.

I would trade P. Pierce for Rudy Gay. He is younger and better right now, it's that simple.
    and he has a terrible contract .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    and he has a terrible contract .
    Agreed, his contract isn't great 16.4 this year, over next three 10% kicker. But there is talent there, P. Pierce is done (has very little left), if you trade/ move J. Green then you need someone to stay with C. Anthony, L. James, ext.... if your going to be comp. in eastern conf.

Listen there are draw backs from any deal you make. Memp Grizz are not doing a deal where the get nothing/ very little.

They need some cap room after season, the could use a closer like PP come playoff time.

Listen, I wouldn't be heart broken..I have never been a huge Rudy Gay guy...kinda knucklehead at times, and can get lost at times (AKA Joe Johnson type). I also question his desire at times and shot selection...

But he is only 26y and you pair him with Rondo, Bradley, Cousins....

No better than the bad J. Green contract......

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Agreed, his contract isn't great 16.4 this year, over next three 10% kicker. But there is talent there, P. Pierce is done (has very little left), if you trade/ move J. Green then you need someone to stay with C. Anthony, L. James, ext.... if your going to be comp. in eastern conf.

Listen there are draw backs from any deal you make. Memp Grizz are not doing a deal where the get nothing/ very little.

They need some cap room after season, the could use a closer like PP come playoff time.

Listen, I wouldn't be heart broken..I have never been a huge Rudy Gay guy...kinda knucklehead at times, and can get lost at times (AKA Joe Johnson type). I also question his desire at times and shot selection...

But he is only 26y and you pair him with Rondo, Bradley, Cousins....

No better than the bad J. Green contract......
    i'm not against rudy coming to boston but i just think we can get better player with all that money he's earning !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    i'm not against rudy coming to boston but i just think we can get better player with all that money he's earning !
    Agreed, there is better, but not much. For what you would give up via trade, and what another team is willing to trade.

I agree with you. Im just saying he's pretty good, I think he could be 24ppg 6-8 rpg guy with Celtics, he can run the floor....

I am just speaking from other GM's, not many/ any our willing to give up/ not re-sign/ trade away all-star talent.

It's hard to trade for KG type, doesn't happen very often.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Im confused on why they would trade Gay? and I heard they might be shopping Zach now too??

vCash
    ^This agreed.

Please tell me your joking. Gay isn't in the same tier as Pierce

I'd prefer to take z-bo

vCash

Lowe speculates that Gay COULD land in Boston if traded

Why are people so low on Gay. He's not Durant or Lebron but he is easily part of that next tier of elite small forwards

vCash
    Varejao's basketball IQ is what sets him apart from Gortat and others. He is much like Noah is or Laimbeer was - just so damn smart on the floor and an irritating presence to other teams. Frankly, the idea of teaming KG with Varejao makes me chuckle thinking of how annoying they would be to opponents as a tandem.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Verajao is out for about the next 2 months, dont have a link but check out marc spears twitter. Id say hes out of the picture this season.

Unfortunate because he was one of the guys i thought we could have enough pieces to make a move on and would have fit in well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Please tell me your joking. Gay isn't in the same tier as Pierce

I'd prefer to take z-bo
    Career yes, now no. P. Pierce is all time great player. He can still look good at times.

Have you seen him play defense lately, I haven't. He is a catch and shot player with great leadership ability's.

But to think he's the PP of three years ago or the 2008 Finals MVP is just unrealistic and unfounded.

If you think 26y Rudy Gay (17.8ppg 5.8rpg 2.5apg) isn't better than 35y P. Pierce in few years than thats....... crazy talk

P. Pierce is at the end of his career and looks really old at times. Im just speaking of the future, I agree the Rudy Gay contract is high, but you pair him (Gay) Rondo, J. Green, Sully, A. Bradley...Not a bad start anyway.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    thebrianscal,

That's a shame.

PDcavsinsider Cleveland Cavaliers' Anderson Varejao will have surgery on quad muscle, miss 6-8 weeks:
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-09-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast