Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    You guys are crazy to part with Avery for Gay. I don't think he's that good and he's definitely overrated. He's on a balanced scoring team with no superstar scorer. If he was on a different team, his stats would go down from 18PPG to around 12-14. A team with one of the best records in the league and playoff aspirations wouldn't be looking to trade him if he was that good.
    I disagree. Your logic contradicts itself. If he was on a bad team and asked to shoulder the load offensively, he could be a 30+ point a night scorer. Inside, outside, midrange, attacking the rim...where's the weakness in his game? He can be a good defender in the right system and he is a good rebounder. I think he is an unselfish player who sacrifices for the good of his team. He'd score 8 points a night off ally-oops alone...

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    And I wouldn't give up Avery toward getting Gay.
    You guys are crazy to part with Avery for Gay. I don't think he's that good and he's definitely overrated. He's on a balanced scoring team with no superstar scorer. If he was on a different team, his stats would go down from 18PPG to around 12-14. A team with one of the best records in the league and playoff aspirations wouldn't be looking to trade him if he was that good.
    Lets be serious for a second..

You calling Gay a 12-14 point scorer on another team is awfully silly. He's already on a team with two pretty damn good scoring big men and a good scoring point guard. If they had to run the offense through Gay, he'd be a 24+ppg player. Memphis has the luxury of not crutching themselves on one specific player.

vCash
    In Nba 2K13 i traded bradley green and bass straight up for Rudy Gay and simmed the season out and we finished 2 season in the east and won the title. Just so you guys know.

Being serious, if something along those lines came up you gotta do it right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Lets be serious for a second..

You calling Gay a 12-14 point scorer on another team is awfully silly. He's already on a team with two pretty damn good scoring big men and a good scoring point guard. If they had to run the offense through Gay, he'd be a 24+ppg player. Memphis has the luxury of not crutching themselves on one specific player.
    I am serious and truly believe he only scores 18PPG because there are no prolific scorers on that team. Randolph hasn't been the same offensively since his last injury, and Gasol has never hit 15PPG yet in his career. Rudy is the main guy on Memphis and he would never score 24+ on any team, no matter how they ran their offense. He's not that skilled a player. 24PPG is all star level. He's no all star and never will be.

Can you explain why Memphis is wanting to trade him?

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Can you explain why Memphis is wanting to trade him?
    Because they're over the luxury tax and if they keep their core four players in tact, they'll be over the tax for three seasons in a row.

vCash
    Still doesn't make sense to me. They nearly beat the Clippers last year and have a great shot at going far in the playoffs this year. Why try to deal one of your key guys now and not in the off season?

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Always better to trade in-season when teams are desperate and looking to add that piece to make a final push to the top. Draft day is the only time trading a star might be more beneficial. Look at the difference and the Melo/Dwill (in season) and the Howard (offseason) trades

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameismo View Post
    Very unlikely.
    Awesome sig, dude. Love Rondo.

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 11:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
    Memphis would have to slide substantially yet from their current .625-.667 WP%, wherever they are now, for the thought to even become plausible, first and foremost.
    Not really, since they're already shopping him.
    Regardless of where they are, w/o looking that up, they're not a .500 club like Boston or the majority of the other clubs they'd be linked to with this currently. Thus, they're NOT going to trade Gay unless they deteriorate.
    Disagree. They're completely willing to trade him in the right deal.

Pierce for Gay makes NO SENSE for either club-PERIOD.
    It would actually make a whole lot of sense for Memphis. They have a broken half cour offense, and Pierce would be a nice piece for them. He wouldn't be relied upon as heavily as he is in Boston, and it would give Memphis a legitimate iso player from the wing.

The Green/Bradley and filler suggestion WOULD make sense
    No, it actually makes less sense. They have Tony Allen already. They wouldn't covet Bradley like other teams may.

This is NO type of trade for Boston to make right now, though. Gay is averaging about 16-17PPG (Just shy of what Lee did in Houston last season w/ lesser minutes).
    Courtney Lee averaged less than 12 points per game for Houston last year.

Boston's only answer for this season is to obtain the Phoenix C, in my personal opinion, and I think that the Suns would pull the trigger on any such realistic deal HERE, given their rebuilding state, if/when things made sense for both clubs. Option two would be Jefferson, clearly.....Cousins and Bynum the third choices, if/when those clubs continue on and/or slide, in each case.
    Cousins is a pipe dream and Bynum is incredibly unrealistic.

Gortat is someone you're going to pay out the *** for. Same with Jefferson.

vCash
    varejao!!!! make it happen DA without trading RR,PP,KG of course.

im not a contract guru but i like the sounds of AB,SULLY BASS for varejao

vCash
    I've personally always loved loved Rudy. And I wouldn't mind a Gay for Pierce trade because at least we'd put him on a contender. But we've already invested in Green as the next 3 spot. So if we picked up Gay, we'd have to move Green, too. That's a lot of shuffling. But if there's any GM who can pull it off, it's Danny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Awesome sig, dude. Love Rondo.
    Quote Originally Posted by avengedchaos5 View Post
    varejao!!!! make it happen DA without trading RR,PP,KG of course.

im not a contract guru but i like the sounds of AB,SULLY BASS for varejao
    No way. No interest in dealing Bradley and Sully, two 20 year olds for a role playing in his 30's. Bradley and Sully should only go for a star, let them build up their value up first.

Also matty, why couldn't Pierce deal make sense? The Grizz become a better, more complete team this year and they have more contract flexibility since Pierce only has a year and a half left. Danny was close to dealing Paul Pierce to the nets IN OUR DIVISION last year, why would he hesitate to do it now?
    Last edited by Sportfan; 01-06-2013 at 11:11 AM.

vCash

Forget Rudy use him to land Varejao!!

Boston is not in need of a starting SF, part of the reason Green has not flourished in Boston, and frankly looks unmotivated by his current role. Based on team needs I can think of a 3 way trade that would work that could potentially help all three teams.

Memphis gets Green, Chris Wilcox, and a 2nd round pick (Boston)
    Boston gets Anderson Varejao and Alonzo Gee
    Cleveland gets Rudy Gay and Brandon Bass

I think this helps all 3 teams. Boston gets some much needed size plus a backup SF. I know most would prefer Cousins so we could have a future, but if you want to win now, and not compromise chemistry, Varejao is the only option. He fits nicely with our style and group of guys.

Memphis is trying to avoid luxury taxes, so this deal would save them money over the next 3 years, plus allow them to add a guy who could come close to replicating Gay's numbers if he was given starter minutes. They also get a quality back up center who likes to play above the rim, because Haddadi sucks.

Cleveland has some pieces and needs time. Rudy seems like a perfect fit for them, he gives them something on both ends of the floor and a running mate for Irving. They also get a very solid backup PF that can help bolster the frontline since they are losing Varejao. Best of all, Cleveland can take pride in Varejao helping Boston stop Lebron in the ECF. What do all of you think of this idea?

vCash
    The only way we move Sully and Bradley is for a young stud big man like Demarcus Cousins. And if that, because Im really not interested in moving Bradley. Him and Rondo have the potential to be the best backcourt in the NBA period. Just give it time, I watched every single game they played together last year and they were a dominant defensive duo, and are still developing their offensive chemistry.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast