Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    thebrianscal,

That's a shame.

PDcavsinsider Cleveland Cavaliers' Anderson Varejao will have surgery on quad muscle, miss 6-8 weeks:
    Looks like big man services are going to have to found else where.

https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba/status/289078966055227393

Looks like maloofs are selling the kings and potentially moving then. Their the ones in that organization who r very high on cousins if i am correct. Could this mean the odds of him moving out are better?

vCash
    You have to feel bad for Kings fans. But selfishly, I'm pumped for the Sonics to return

vCash
    I do not understand why some would not want to trade Pierce for Gay straight up? PP is a Celtic legend, and its gauranteed that 34 will hang proudly from our rafters in due time! BUT.......this is a buisness, and to get a younger Gay (who is a excellent player) in return for an aged Pierce is a deal you take. Imo though I think we need to make a hard push for a LEGIT big. All of this also depends on the direction we are gonna take, are we gonna try and salvage this season and try and make an unbelievable run, or are we gonna call it a miss and go the rebuiling route?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrianscal View Post
    Looks like big man services are going to have to found else where.

https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba/stat...78966055227393

Looks like maloofs are selling the kings and potentially moving then. Their the ones in that organization who r very high on cousins if i am correct. Could this mean the odds of him moving out are better?
    I think if anything it likely keeps Cousin with the franchise at least until the sale is finalized. He is agruably their most important asset. If I were the new propspective owners, I wouldn't want him going anywhere without my say so.
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash
    I think if anything it likely keeps Cousin with the franchise at least until the sale is finalized. He is agruably their most important asset. If I were the new propspective owners, I wouldn't want him going anywhere without my say so.
    This is true, but they could also have a different line of thinking. They may want a restart after seeing how the Kings have been going and what the situation around Cousins has been. They could be thinking in terms of the best interest for them to put their own impression on their roster would be to ship out cousins and get a group of young players and picks and begin their management of the team from their.

Going at it the way you seem to see their possible approach is probably more likely, but the other way isnt a farfetched way of thinking for a new ownership group to come into a disgruntled team whos star player has character issues.

vCash
    This is true, but they could also have a different line of thinking. They may want a restart after seeing how the Kings have been going and what the situation around Cousins has been. They could be thinking in terms of the best interest for them to put their own impression on their roster would be to ship out cousins and get a group of young players and picks and begin their management of the team from their.

Going at it the way you seem to see their possible approach is probably more likely, but the other way isnt a farfetched way of thinking for a new ownership group to come into a disgruntled team whos star player has character issues.
    I think it motivates them to move him. New fans in Seattle won't miss him if he's not there from the start.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla.SticKy View Post
    I do not understand why some would not want to trade Pierce for Gay straight up? PP is a Celtic legend, and its gauranteed that 34 will hang proudly from our rafters in due time! BUT.......this is a buisness, and to get a younger Gay (who is a excellent player) in return for an aged Pierce is a deal you take. Imo though I think we need to make a hard push for a LEGIT big. All of this also depends on the direction we are gonna take, are we gonna try and salvage this season and try and make an unbelievable run, or are we gonna call it a miss and go the rebuiling route?
    You actually state several reasons not to make this trade in advancing your position to make the trade.

One you neglected was the almost certain negative impact on any potential playoff run for this team this season. Catastrophic chemistry implosion. Maybe by the trade dead line that's an okay thing.... maybe not.

And can you imagine the intensity of the comparisions Gay would face in replacing a Celtic's legend? Especially if that legend were dealt mid-season and the team imploded in negativity.

You seem to assume that Gay would step in for Pierce, the Celtics wouldn't miss a beat and everything would be hunky dory. I don't think that would be the case.

(I should get bonus points for using the phrase "hunky dory" in a post.)
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash

I think the point is, the decision of whether to retain him or trade him should be the provenance of the new owners.
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

vCash
    You actually state several reasons not to make this trade in advancing your position to make the trade.

One you neglected was the almost certain negative impact on any potential playoff run for this team this season. Catastrophic chemistry implosion. Maybe by the trade dead line that's an okay thing.... maybe not.

And can you imagine the intensity of the comparisions Gay would face in replacing a Celtic's legend? Especially if that legend were dealt mid-season and the team imploded in negativity.

You seem to assume that Gay would step in for Pierce, the Celtics wouldn't miss a beat and everything would be hunky dory. I don't think that would be the case.

(I should get bonus points for using the phrase "hunky dory" in a post.)
    Like I said...... All of this also depends on the direction we are gonna take, are we gonna try and salvage this season and try and make an unbelievable run, or are we gonna call it a miss and go the rebuiling route?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345