Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sullinger's flagrant on Blake Griffin downgraded

Link

Jared Sullinger got tagged with two flagrant-1 fouls during the four-game road trip to close out 2012, picking them up for hard fouls on Brooklyn's Gerald Wallace and Los Angeles' Blake Griffin while trying to prevent easy buckets.

Upon video review, the league downgraded the latter of those two calls, according to a league spokesman.

Sullinger now only has one flagrant point this season. That's somewhat important as a player that exceeds three flagrant points is subject to an automatic suspension (which means Sullinger was a flagrant-2 away from a potential suspension).

Rajon Rondo and Jason Collins also have one flagrant point apiece this season.
    I'd love to know why the refs even bother to review it in game if they going to be complete morons and not realize when it's not a flagrant at the time.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Link

I'd love to know why the refs even bother to review it in game if they going to be complete morons and not realize when it's not a flagrant at the time.
    Not everyone sees the play the same way. A team of referees can see something differently than an executive in the league office. There is human error in every officiated sport.

vCash
    When I was watching it live it didn't even look that bad, then after the replays, it looked like just a foul.

vCash
    sullinger had two options become a poster or foul the hell out of griffin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kgSince21 View Post
    sullinger had two options become a poster or foul the hell out of griffin
    And he chose the latter...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    The refs need to start giving Sully some respect for his great defensive efforts. He does create a lot of contact, but he's been at the short end of the stick on a lot of bogus rookies calls this year.

vCash
    Sullinger's defense has been very undervalued. Look at his defensive PPP numbers