Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Rams C Scott Wells underwent another right knee scope earlier this month, his second since last June.
    The latest scope repaired torn cartilage. Wells suffered the setback just as he was returning from foot surgery in November, so he's undergone three separate surgeries in a seven-month span. Now 32, Wells struggled mightily as a run blocker in just seven starts in 2012. The Rams hope he'll be back by OTAs.
    Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch Jan 26 - 1:32 AM

Maybe we should cut his ***. Not sure what his cap number is but if he's gonna be a cripple we should just get rid of him and draft Barrett Jones maybe.

vCash
    Our line had so much more potential last year before the season actually started.

And yes if he isn't healthy and it doesn't kill cap then you gotta do what you gotta do.

P.S. Knucks remind me again who is in your sig that always looks like Tom Brady in a Cubs uni.

GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

The One and Only "LEGATRON"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NDMets57 View Post
    Our line had so much more potential last year before the season actually started.

And yes if he isn't healthy and it doesn't kill cap then you gotta do what you gotta do.

P.S. Knucks remind me again who is in your sig that always looks like Tom Brady in a Cubs uni.
    Ryne Sandberg

vCash
    Are you sure? That pic looks too recent as far as image quality goes. Pics from when he was that young were duller thought? I think its an impostor!

vCash
    Nope it's him

vCash
    I think CB gave me the pic actually

vCash
    Do you get what I mean though about the picture or no? Idk maybe I'm thinking too deeply. Just looks like I could see that in sports illustrated this week or something

vCash
    Ya I get it, the quality us almost too good. It may hev been photoshopped or something. That's definitely Jim though. I have his rookie card in Fleet, Donruss, and Topps. I double-checked myself.

vCash
    I used to collect baseball cards, never got ones like that though, those must be worth something nice even with the decrease in value of baseball cards lately.

vCash
    Ya I've got some pretty nice ones. Haven't checked lately but they were getting close to $100 each. I also have a Stan Musial. That one should be going up in value. Sorry if that sounds cruel...

vCash
    Doesn't sound cruel, just a reality of life.

vCash
    Down in New Orleans for Super Bowl XLVII, 49ers defenders have been effusive in their praise of Sam Bradford.
    It should be noted that Bradford beat the Niners once and tied them on another occasion in St. Louis' two 2012 meetings with San Francisco. "He’s good now, and he has a chance to be a top quarterback," 49ers DE Justin Smith said. "Put some more (talent) around him, and watch out." Added 49ers OLB Aldon Smith, "Bradford is definitely a guy that has our respect. No doubt about that." Feb 1 - 3:23 PM

-roto

vCash
    Bernie Bytes: 49ers praising Bradford
    Print Email
    1 hour ago • BY BERNIE MIKLASZ, Post-Dispatch Sports Columnist2

Rams quarterback Sam Bradford scrambles for a big gain on the game-tying drive late in the fourth quarter of the Dec. 2 game against San Francisco. (Photo by Chris Lee / clee@post-dispatch.com)

Enlarge Photo
    Bernie: Ex-Ram is Ravens' 'shining light'

O.J. Brigance, who played for the Rams in 2001-02, is a source of endless inspiration as he fights ALS. Read more

Bernie: Dull or not, Flacco becomes a game changer

Ravens QB has been anything but ordinary once he enters the postseason — he's 8-4 as a starter in the playoffs. Read more

49ers’ respect for Rams only goes so far

San Francisco couldn’t beat St. Louis, but still regards Seattle as bigger rival. Read more

Bernie Bytes: Ex-Patriot fires back at Faulk

Retired lineman says 'it's disappointing that a guy like Marshall would continue going back to something like this. It shows a lot of disrepect.' Read more

Bernie: No middle ground on Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis is the best of sports, he is the worst of sports. He is there to absorb your hatred, he is there to receive your worship. Read more

NEW ORLEANS • It’s going well here. A lot of writing and yapping and listening to interviews. And of course, some fine New Orleans food. If you’re interested in a restaurant recommendation for your next visit to NOLA, here are two.

1. Restaurant August. I think it’s the best in town, and it’s the flagship of the acclaimed chef John Besh. Foodies: words cannot adequately describe the ecstasy that awaits you.

2. La Petite Grocery. Charming. Delightful. This fabulous gem is located in the space that once housed a corner grocery store. It’s the creation of Justin Devillier, one of the best young chefs in the south. You need some motivation? Fine.

Two words: lobster beignets.

You’re welcome.

(A note to my caring doctor: I’ve worked out three times this week so far, and I’m going to come out of one of the world’s greatest restaurant cities with a tie score. Didn’t lose a pound, won’t gain a pound.)

Moving On …

• The San Francisco 49ers seem to think a lot more of Rams quarterback Sam Bradford than many Rams fans do. I find that interesting.

“He’s good now, and he has a chance to be a top quarterback,” 49ers defensive lineman Justin Smith said. “Put some more (talent) around him, and watch out.”

“Bradford is definitely a guy that has our respect,” 49ers’ pass-rusher Aldon Smith said. “No doubt about that.”

I asked one key member of the 49ers’ front office about Bradford. He didn’t want his name used. But this was his opinion: “That team needs an elite receiver. If they get it, Bradford will become what most of us thought he’d become.” He added: “Believe me, I hope they don’t get that (receiver.)”

The Rams must also improve the offensive line.

Pro Football Focus ranked the Rams O-line 26th among the 32 teams in overall performance in 2012.

The Ravens and the 49ers offer a perfect example of how you build a team to give a quarterback his best opportunity to succeed. Both have strong offensive lines. Both have receivers that make a difference, receivers that are game changers.

I find it remarkable that Bradford threw nearly as many TD passes this season (21) as Joe Flacco (22) even though Flacco plays behind a superior offensive line and is throwing passes to Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Dennis Pitta, etc.

I also find these Pro Football Focus rankings interesting:

Deep Passing Accuracy: Bradford 11th, Flacco 15th.

Accuracy Under Pressure: Bradford 12th, Flacco 17th.

Moving On …

• Flacco/Bradford intrigues me for another reason. Not only are they both traditional, pocket-passer quarterbacks, but Flacco and Bradford aren’t demonstrative or showy on the field. This seems to upset the fans in their respective cities.

Why do we expect quarterbacks to throw tantrums for the cameras, bray like a donkey, or scream at teammates? That works well for some QBs; Brett Favre is a prime example. But they’re all wired in different ways.

“I’ve never understood that,” Flacco said. “I try to stay calm out there. We’re professionals. I don’t think we need to be motivated externally. If you can’t flip the switch and go on game day, then you probably shouldn’t be playing pro football. If you need a pep talk to get going, then it won’t matter.”

But leaders should be yelling!

“I don’t think we need that in a quarterback,” Ravens guard Marshal Yanda said. “I like that Joe is a calm, collected, focused guy. He’s not much of a rah-rah, pump-up, high motivator type. He doesn’t talk a ton but he leads by example on the field and does a great job of staying calm and focusing on what’s important. He’s a serious competitor, too. He likes to compete and you can tell when he’s out there on the field, he’s out there to play his best football and get after it.”

But … quarterbacks have to show how us much they CARE!

We all know that Bradford will never lead the Rams into the Super Bowl because he lacks FIRE!

“Joe Flacco is always just the same," Ravens offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie said. "When things are good or if they're bad, he's just even-keel. I've been around quarterbacks who aren't always that way, and believe me, it's better to be like Joe. I don't ever want to bust on him. I want him to stay cool. I know it works for him.”

Moving On …

• I just spoke to Rams GM Les Snead. The Rams’ football leadership has been meeting to review the roster and plan offseason strategy. What do the Rams need?

“Weapons,” Snead said.

He was talking about the offense and said a weapon can come in many forms. Offensive line, receiver, back, etc.

But Snead agrees that the Rams have to add to their “explosive play” capability.

Moving On ...

• As for the Rams search for a new defensive coordinator, Snead said coach Jeff Fisher is taking his time. Snead makes the point that the Rams defense didn't have a coordinator last season, and the defense performed well. The coaches work well together, they all share the same philosophy, and the ensemble cast works. There's no need, Snead said, to force a hire that could disrupt what the Rams have going within the coaching staff.

Moving On ...

• Great win by St. Louis U.; must have been a tremendous defensive effort. Butler turned the ball over 23 times? A team that is so well-coached, so sound, so smart? Twenty-three turnovers?

• Now if only Mizzou can get it going. I don't know what's wrong. The pieces aren't fitting together. Unlike last season, coach Frank Haith hasn't been able to foster the cohesion that a team needs to be successful. This team misses the instant offense and energy that Michael Dixon provided last season. There's still time for MU to come together. But the loss at LSU was disturbing.

Thanks for reading …

— Bernie

View 2 Comments
    StlToday

Good stuff on Sam

vCash
    We all know the only thing wrong with Sam is his teammates on offense. Oh and a bad underthrow once in a while.

136-206, 66% CMP, 1,517 Yds, 7.36 Avg, 9 TD, 4 INTs, 60.9 QBR, 94.3 RTG

This man is making me question my sexuality

vCash
    I thought I would give us something to talk about since things have been dead and will be dead til the combine.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/502/player?r=1

StLouisRams.com expects the Rams to approach OT Wayne Hunter about a pay-cut.
    Hunter was typically incompetent after coming over from the Jets, and has no chance at collecting his currently scheduled $3.95 million in 2013. The Rams are absolutely desperate for depth along their offensive line, but it's quite possible the soon-to-be 32-year-old Hunter is simply cut loose. The Rams' official website also expects SS Quintin Mikell to be asked to slash his $6 million salary, but the odds are high Mikell is granted his outright release.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/765/quintin-mikell

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch believes FS Quintin Mikell could be cut this offseason.
    Mikell is due a $6 million salary and counts $9 million against the cap. Free agent SS Craig Dahl is not expected to be re-signed. So, the Post-Dispatch says it's "possible - some say likely" that the Rams will be looking for two new safeties this offseason. Mikell had a fine season as an in-the-box safety, so he could be asked to restructure. He'll land on his feet if he's cut.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5291/player?r=1

According to StLouisRams.com, Brandon Gibson is among the free agents St. Louis is "most likely to retain."
    Gibson has been maddeningly inconsistent across his first four NFL seasons, but put together the best four-game stretch of his career between Weeks 14 and 17, catching 17 passes for 254 yards. His 691 yards and five touchdowns on the year were both new career highs. Not a candidate for the franchise tag, Gibson will hit the open market, but the receiver-starved Rams figure to make a known commodity a competitive offer
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4991/player?r=1

According to StLouisRams.com, the Rams would "prefer" to sign free agent Danny Amendola to a long-term contract as opposed to using the franchise tag.
    The Rams' official website also considers Amendola one of the free agents the Rams are "most likely to retain," but allows they're in a "difficult spot" with their injury-prone No. 1 receiver. Regardless, it appears letting Amendola walk is a distant third option. Amendola will continue to be linked to the Patriots and elsewhere, but he's unlikely to leave St. Louis.
    I know it's rotoworld, but hey, it's something.
    Last edited by rabueed; 02-04-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gRAnxGFouW5bgj4RR576xA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDQ7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2013-04-26T015157Z_1049109136_GM1E94Q0RAB01_RTRMADP_3_NFL-DRAFT.JPG

"You have decisions to make and don't be scared to get what you want."

Les Snead

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast