Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    We competed from 2006-2009.
    You mean 2006-2008 right? 2009 was a 70 win campaign unless that's considered giving it the ol' college try.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,720
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Mets View Post
    Unless the Wilpons sell the team we will never compete. The commish needs to step in and force the Wilpons to sell the team.
    Based on what?

    01. The Wilpons were victims of a crime. They deserve fair chance to recover.

    02. Plenty of teams with payrolls in the middle of the pack are competitive. Some even win the W.S.!
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    We competed from 2006-2009.

    Back to back collapses is competing to you?

    No wonder you are ecstatic with this team.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    54,623
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Back to back collapses is competing to you?

    No wonder you are ecstatic with this team.
    We played meaningful games in September which counts as competing.

    If our farm system wasn't so barren and we actually had some talent at the upper levels, maybe we would have made the playoffs and won a WS...(why we are rebuilding)

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    We played meaningful games in September which counts as competing.

    If our farm system wasn't so barren and we actually had some talent at the upper levels, maybe we would have made the playoffs and won a WS...(why we are rebuilding)

    LOL!!! That's Fredball 101, tix sold in Sept = Winning.

    No wonder you're happy with what is going on now!

    We're 'rebuilding' because the owners can't afford to own the team. They can't even a afford to sign a single major leaguer of any description, not even one!!!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    54,623
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    LOL!!! That's Fredball 101, tix sold in Sept = Winning.

    No wonder you're happy with what is going on now!

    We're 'rebuilding' because the owners can't afford to own the team. They can't even a afford to sign a single major leaguer of any description, not even one!!!
    So the 2007-2008 Mets did not compete for a playoff spot?

    How does that have any correlation to me being happy with what's going on right now?

    The Wilpons being broke has a part in our rebuilding, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't a good baseball decision. We needed to build a younger core that would allow us to compete for years to come.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 01-04-2013 at 08:27 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,452
    vCash
    1500

    Mets Owners Get $700 Million in Loans to Refinance Debt

    Business as usual for Freddy and baby Huey.

    2014 spending spree here we come!!!!!!!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,720
    vCash
    1500
    There isn't going to be a spending spree in 2014. They may spend money on quality players, but if the right ones are not available, SA won't be a buyer. No more Ollie-types, please, and no spending for the sake of spending.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,458
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    There isn't going to be a spending spree in 2014. They may spend money on quality players, but if the right ones are not available, SA won't be a buyer. No more Ollie-types, please, and no spending for the sake of spending.

    Sick was being sarcastic
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    54,623
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not asking for a spending spree, but it will be time to spend on a few upgrades.

    Corey Hart is a great target for this team, as would Aaron Hill.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Back to back collapses is competing to you?

    No wonder you are ecstatic with this team.
    They competed till September, it's still competing. 2009 is another story. I mean I guess you can say a team competes if they lose 100 games 3-2 but they are still not of championship caliber if they can't find ways to win those games once in a while.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm not asking for a spending spree, but it will be time to spend on a few upgrades.

    Corey Hart is a great target for this team, as would Aaron Hill.
    Hart would give us some pop and he's got a good arm from what I remember of him.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,736
    vCash
    1500
    He wears his sunglasses at night
    Go Grab My Belt

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,168
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    They competed till September, it's still competing. 2009 is another story. I mean I guess you can say a team competes if they lose 100 games 3-2 but they are still not of championship caliber if they can't find ways to win those games once in a while.
    You know I meant to say 2008.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    29,137
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    He wears his sunglasses at night
    Aaron Hill?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •