Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Staff changes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    I really don't think any of our staff is the problem. I think their pride is the problem. It seems like both the offense and the defense is too stubborn to change things when they're clearly not working. I think it starts at the top. I love Thompson for the team he put together, but what has been troubling the Packers the whole time he's been here? A lack of a consistent running game and pass protection. The Packers cannot beat teams that get pressure with four or five pass rushers because the pass protection is bad. On defense, it's the same thing. Capers does not adapt his gameplan even though it is clear at times the other offense has his number and knows what he is going to do.

At this point, I don't think health and new additions will do the trick to get the Pack back to the Super Bowl. Everybody talks about needing a balanced team. Good pass rush, good running game, good offense. That's not it at all. Good coaches make up for shortcomings by the way they gameplan. That's why some coaches continually bring their team to Championship games. That's why New England, despite several large holes on their team, always seem to be in the Championship game or the Super Bowl. Harbaughs have like 5 Championship games between them now, 6 possibly. Do the Ravens have talent that much greater than the Packers? Do the Niners? We clearly have the better quarterback, better receivers and talent to match them on defense, and yet our defense gets crushed and our offense can't keep up.

Everything about our staff is fine except for the way they coach during the game. Something has to change, or we'll be right back to where we were with Favre. Constant playoff appearances, constant losses. The only difference is that with Favre, it was Favre's inability to play at the same level in the playoffs. Rodgers can play to that level in the playoffs, but the coaches don't coach well once we get there.
    I agree that good coaching can cover up holes, but at some point, players need to make plays and change the game. Average to good players do their assignment and nothing more. That comes down to coaching. The perfect example is AJ Hawk. He's not a playmaker, but generally he'll do what he's told. Great players, like Matthews, will usually be assignment sound, but will occassionally just do something incredible to change the game. We don't have players capable of doing that outside of Clay. That's not always the coaches fault.

And even then, we had guys who weren't assignment sound last night. Its frustrating and its something we will never know how much read option practice we did in practice. I would think we did a lot of it. So it comes down to did we prepare out guys enough and then they just didn't execute, or did we not prepare our guys enough and that's why they didn't execute? As fans, that's something we'll never know and that's something management needs to determine before firing or not firing Capers. If he prepared the defense accordingly and the guys just didn't execute the gameplan, he probably shouldn't be fired, but if ours guys weren't prepared enough for the read option, then he should clearly be fired.

vCash
    As for Clements, I don't know how big of loss he'd be. I obviously have no idea of his relationship with MM, but I almost feel like he's too much of a yes man or a guy who's strictly focused on qbs. I think it was interesting that Clements stayed on teh sidelines this season instead of taking Philbin's spot in the box. McAdoo took that job. Without having inside knowledge, I would guess that's where the biggest breakdown occured. Philbin, I think, must have done a great job of helping make adjustments from the sky and was able to stand up to McCarthy.

vCash
    FIRE DOM CAPERS!

that is all
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeter4president View Post
    I'm not positive Capers should be fired but I'd love to know why he didnt change one thing in the second half. To me, he has to take blame for some of the performances we've seen in big games the last few years.
    exactly why he needs to be fired. it was obvious not changing was going to lose us that game at half time and he stubbornly did nothing. here;'s your pink slip
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    someone should start a fire dom capers facebook page and see how many likes it gets
    JORDY NELSON #87
    Brewers
    Packers Badgers

Brewermobile

NFL=Passion and intensity
    MLB=History and finesse
    NBA=All about lookin' pretty
    NHL=Money's more important than teeth

vCash
    JORDY NELSON #87
    Brewers
    Packers Badgers

Brewermobile

NFL=Passion and intensity
    MLB=History and finesse
    NBA=All about lookin' pretty
    NHL=Money's more important than teeth

Norm is online now Cardinalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    vCash
    Who do we plan on hiring if he's fired exactly?

Lovie Smith and run T2?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Who do we plan on hiring if he's fired exactly?

Lovie Smith and run T2?
    I'd love to see some ideas. I don't think he was our biggest problem, but okay.....who replaces him? And moving away from the 3-4 is a bad idea at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mavrikthefox View Post
    I'd love to see some ideas. I don't think he was our biggest problem, but okay.....who replaces him? And moving away from the 3-4 is a bad idea at this point.
    I don't know who's out there. But people are convinced Capers going away is a good idea with no idea of who to hire. It's silly.

vCash
    I don't know who's out there. But people are convinced Capers going away is a good idea with no idea of who to hire. It's silly.
    why not try and promote Moss, Perry, or, Whitt to DC
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 63
    Assist Tackles: 27
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 6
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    As far as not having anyone in mind to hire and you thinking thats so silly, answer me this... How much worse can it get?

Last year, the Packers set an NFL single season record for yards allowed. This year, they allowed the single most rushing yards by a QB in a game EVER, and the most yardage in a playoff game in franchise history. Seriously, how much worse could it be?

If they promote from within, I'd vote Moss. He's been with McCarthy a long while and is assistant HC... has to be a reason for that, and from the interviews I've read he has some fire and intensity that is lacking from Capers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    why not try and promote Moss, Perry, or, Whitt to DC
    What makes you think any of them would be better?

vCash
    Maybe you guys should apply for the job. I'm sure you'd all be a lot better. Nothing could be worse than a guy nobody said a word about for weeks. Then we have a bad game and he's the anti christ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I wouldn't suggest a gut of the teams coaches but there are two weak links and the coaches have not proven their worth. Sometimes a change of voice is what's needed. Capers had one good run in the playoffs but even that year the defense didn't come on until the last month or so. Improved personnel is needed but a new guy calling the plays is more important. Let's not forget Dom was the 4th choice so I don't know how safe he is.

A new scheme is not needed but common sense is when your getting burned all year by the same plays and you can't fix it it's time to move in especially since you can put a spy in to resolve half of the issues. Woodson would have been a perfect choice.
    4th choice? Who was 1,2, and 3? I'd gotten the idea that Capers was who they were after the entire time.

vCash
    Maybe you guys should apply for the job. I'm sure you'd all be a lot better. Nothing could be worse than a guy nobody said a word about for weeks. Then we have a bad game and he's the anti christ.
    exactly who are you referencing with this "guy nobody said a word about for weeks" comment?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast