I want to see Capers fired ASAP.

Green Bay Packers
    Phoenix Suns
    Phoenix Coyotes
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    UofA Wildcats
    Real Madrid

vCash
    Call me crazy but I kinda wish Clements would go somewhere. I knwo everyone points to the D right away and rightfully so.

However to me I just never saw the offense click, like all year. Maybe the year before was just a fluke and our offense isn't that good but man I remember a year ago watching this offense march down the field. I mean I remember at one point in the season on a 3 down thinking, it really didn't matter what the opposing D would do because Rodgers would just throw a perfect pass and get the 3rd down with ease.

This year though, completely different. I know teams had video and adjusted but man I don't know I just feel like our offense has so much more it can do.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I'm not positive Capers should be fired but I'd love to know why he didnt change one thing in the second half. To me, he has to take blame for some of the performances we've seen in big games the last few years.

Pete Rose, here he comes!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeter4president View Post
    I'm not positive Capers should be fired but I'd love to know why he didnt change one thing in the second half. To me, he has to take blame for some of the performances we've seen in big games the last few years.
    No capers has to go, our defense has been crap for too long with the exception of 2010. Look at our last 3 playoff exits. Each team put 40+ points on us

vCash
    I really don't think any of our staff is the problem. I think their pride is the problem. It seems like both the offense and the defense is too stubborn to change things when they're clearly not working. I think it starts at the top. I love Thompson for the team he put together, but what has been troubling the Packers the whole time he's been here? A lack of a consistent running game and pass protection. The Packers cannot beat teams that get pressure with four or five pass rushers because the pass protection is bad. On defense, it's the same thing. Capers does not adapt his gameplan even though it is clear at times the other offense has his number and knows what he is going to do.

At this point, I don't think health and new additions will do the trick to get the Pack back to the Super Bowl. Everybody talks about needing a balanced team. Good pass rush, good running game, good offense. That's not it at all. Good coaches make up for shortcomings by the way they gameplan. That's why some coaches continually bring their team to Championship games. That's why New England, despite several large holes on their team, always seem to be in the Championship game or the Super Bowl. Harbaughs have like 5 Championship games between them now, 6 possibly. Do the Ravens have talent that much greater than the Packers? Do the Niners? We clearly have the better quarterback, better receivers and talent to match them on defense, and yet our defense gets crushed and our offense can't keep up.

Everything about our staff is fine except for the way they coach during the game. Something has to change, or we'll be right back to where we were with Favre. Constant playoff appearances, constant losses. The only difference is that with Favre, it was Favre's inability to play at the same level in the playoffs. Rodgers can play to that level in the playoffs, but the coaches don't coach well once we get there.

vCash
    Did anybody else think Charles Woodson was trying to suggest a change with his comments? It seemed like he was dancing around the issue of being upset with our lack of adjustments, but too classy to call out Capers.

vCash
    Capers needs to be gone.

vCash
    A lot of changes need to happen. The talent is too rich to not blame coaching. On thing that is confusing to me besides Philbin most packers coaches have not been hot commodities like successful teams usually face. Clements isn't a serious candidate IMO. Capers and Campen need to go. Over 175 sacks in the past 4 years is awful. Capers is stuck in his ways and his scheme has seemed to have lost effectiveness people have found the hole. We need a little less aggressiveness and a little more common sense at times.

vCash

Staff changes

I really don't think the answer is gutting the staff. I watched Walden and Matthews consistently getting caught out of place last night (and the first two games against Minnesota for that matter). Williams just hasn't been the shut down corner we all expected him to be. He got owned by Crabtree and hasn't been a good tackler at all this year. Our ILBs have been a liability all year. Getting Bishop back will be huge but we need another option beside him besides AJ Hawk, who consistently gets pushed 4 yards before bringing down even mediocre backs.

A new OL coach I would not be opposed to, but as much as I like our Olinemen they are mostly late round guys so realistically there is a celling there. On the Dline we still need another true NT to rotate in with Raji and to line up a true power run stopping front IMO.

I really don't think the defensive scheme is the biggest issue...

vCash
    Walden was absolutely lost last night.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    I just hope capers is gone
    JORDY NELSON #87
    Brewers
    Packers Badgers

Brewermobile

NFL=Passion and intensity
    MLB=History and finesse
    NBA=All about lookin' pretty
    NHL=Money's more important than teeth

vCash
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ink-in-blowout

Which brings us back to Capers. In the Packers' last three playoff losses, Green Bay has allowed 51, 37 and 45 points. A win in Super Bowl XLV earned plenty of rope for McCarthy and his staff, but there's no hiding the weak link now.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3034805AAQ6JUw
    JORDY NELSON #87
    Brewers
    Packers Badgers

Brewermobile

MLB=History and finesse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mavrikthefox View Post
    I really don't think the answer is gutting the staff. I watched Walden and Matthews consistently getting caught out of place last night (and the first two games against Minnesota for that matter). Williams just hasn't been the shut down corner we all expected him to be. He got owned by Crabtree and hasn't been a good tackler at all this year. Our ILBs have been a liability all year. Getting Bishop back will be huge but we need another option beside him besides AJ Hawk, who consistently gets pushed 4 yards before bringing down even mediocre backs.

A new OL coach I would not be opposed to, but as much as I like our Olinemen they are mostly late round guys so realistically there is a celling there. On the Dline we still need another true NT to rotate in with Raji and to line up a true power run stopping front IMO.

I really don't think the defensive scheme is the biggest issue...
    I wouldn't suggest a gut of the teams coaches but there are two weak links and the coaches have not proven their worth. Sometimes a change of voice is what's needed. Capers had one good run in the playoffs but even that year the defense didn't come on until the last month or so. Improved personnel is needed but a new guy calling the plays is more important. Let's not forget Dom was the 4th choice so I don't know how safe he is.

A new scheme is not needed but common sense is when your getting burned all year by the same plays and you can't fix it it's time to move in especially since you can put a spy in to resolve half of the issues. Woodson would have been a perfect choice.

vCash
    If Capers comes back, I really hope he proves us wrong. The only thing that would be more frustrating than this conversation now, is if we are having it a year from now.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    where's that definition of insanity quote?
    JORDY NELSON #87
    Brewers
    Packers Badgers

Brewermobile

MLB=History and finesse

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast