Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Staff changes

vCash
    I really don't think Capers will get the can but if he does my vote would be for Perry. I don't like the idea of Moss even though he's technically next in line. I think he'd be a lot worse than Capers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I really don't think Capers will get the can but if he does my vote would be for Perry. I don't like the idea of Moss even though he's technically next in line. I think he'd be a lot worse than Capers.
    I agree. What has Winston done at his own position?
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Okay. This whole "fire Capers" **** is blowing my mind..... here is a question for you guys that want him gone....Outside of Clay, who on that defense are all- pro quality players? Who is our Suggs? our Harrison? our Ed Reed? etc.... I believe that in order for Capers defense to be successfull you have to have at least 3 or 4 all- pro guys on defense....Now if TT would actually draft 3-4 type players for the positions, instead of 4-3 players like Worthey and Perry, maybe the defense would improve a bit faster.....We need nasty guys, not finesse players....At least that is my take on it all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wwfd1220 View Post
    Okay. This whole "fire Capers" **** is blowing my mind..... here is a question for you guys that want him gone....Outside of Clay, who on that defense are all- pro quality players? Who is our Suggs? our Harrison? our Ed Reed? etc.... I believe that in order for Capers defense to be successfull you have to have at least 3 or 4 all- pro guys on defense....Now if TT would actually draft 3-4 type players for the positions, instead of 4-3 players like Worthey and Perry, maybe the defense would improve a bit faster.....We need nasty guys, not finesse players....At least that is my take on it all
    I understand what you're saying and can agree with some of it. However, think about this. We finished the 2010 season, en route to a superbowl win, with the defense- comprised of all the same guys- playing dominantly. What happened since then?

Yeah, we lost nick collins and cullen jenkins. On Collins, our defense wasn't any better with him the first two games of last year before he got hurt(he played almost two full games- all but like 3 minutes of the 2nd), so the Nick collins excuse really doesn't fly with me. Jenkins was a loss, sure but its not like he tore it up in Philly.

All the guys that played so well in 2010 have since regressed. Tramon Williams is a shadow of his former self. Erik Walden? I know we have a guy with the same name now, but he's clearly not the same guy that manhandled and terrorized OL's down the stretch in 2010. BJ Raji has played ok, but wheres the guy that was so dominant? Shields has faded in and out- very inconsistent despite being promising. AJ Hawk... while was never a superstar, even his detractors have to give him credit for what he did down the stretch. Morgan Burnett was a rookie that year and got hurt. Before that, he was showing some good stuff. He's never lived up to any of the promise he was showing.

The fact is this, with the exception of Clay Mathews, pretty much every player on the defense has taken steps backwards from their level of play in 2010. When its nearly every single player on the unit that has gotten worse, it says something about the coaching. Good coaches get the best out of their players. Period.

vCash
    so when I read this, am I right to assume by "coaches" that you also included MM in that generalized statement? I feel it starts with him, but as I stated I do not feel any coaching changes are needed. I think that our GM needs to start drafting for need more than BPA.... and TT will definitely need to plug a hole or 2 in FA this season, or we can kiss Rodgers peek years goodbye.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    What makes you think any of them would be better?
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Maybe you guys should apply for the job. I'm sure you'd all be a lot better. Nothing could be worse than a guy nobody said a word about for weeks. Then we have a bad game and he's the anti christ.
    Don't you know how easy it is to find success in the NFL?

I just don't know who the **** these people expect to bring in and dominate. If I remember correctly Capers old *** wasn't the one biting on every ****ing run-action they did. Seriously watch how bad Walden and Clay get burned because they over commited.

vCash
    The biggest thing that MM is doing wrong with all the aforementioned issues is the fact that he tolerates it. Plain and simple. Like Bellicheck(sp?) or not, if you don't perform to expectations, your *** is out and he doesn't care what your name is. MM would be well served to stop being so soft. I know TT makes the final personnel decisions, but if MM takes a firm stance on somebody or on an issue, I'm pretty well positive TT would listen. Not to say he would just do whatever the coach told him, but I think his opinion could certainly be swayed and if the coach makes a good case that a certain issue needs addressing he'd be likely to get action that he otherwise wouldn't if he hadn't forced it.

To answer your question, yes I absolutely include MM in my original comments.

vCash
    Exactly mm is being a wuss because it's the politically correct thing to do tired of it i want them both gone I could have coach ed a team with this much talent to one super bowl he should have 3 by now
    JORDY NELSON #87
    Brewers
    Packers Badgers

Brewermobile

NFL=Passion and intensity
    MLB=History and finesse
    NBA=All about lookin' pretty
    NHL=Money's more important than teeth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I understand what you're saying and can agree with some of it. However, think about this. We finished the 2010 season, en route to a superbowl win, with the defense- comprised of all the same guys- playing dominantly. What happened since then?

Yeah, we lost nick collins and cullen jenkins. On Collins, our defense wasn't any better with him the first two games of last year before he got hurt(he played almost two full games- all but like 3 minutes of the 2nd), so the Nick collins excuse really doesn't fly with me. Jenkins was a loss, sure but its not like he tore it up in Philly.

All the guys that played so well in 2010 have since regressed. Tramon Williams is a shadow of his former self. Erik Walden? I know we have a guy with the same name now, but he's clearly not the same guy that manhandled and terrorized OL's down the stretch in 2010. BJ Raji has played ok, but wheres the guy that was so dominant? Shields has faded in and out- very inconsistent despite being promising. AJ Hawk... while was never a superstar, even his detractors have to give him credit for what he did down the stretch. Morgan Burnett was a rookie that year and got hurt. Before that, he was showing some good stuff. He's never lived up to any of the promise he was showing.

The fact is this, with the exception of Clay Mathews, pretty much every player on the defense has taken steps backwards from their level of play in 2010. When its nearly every single player on the unit that has gotten worse, it says something about the coaching. Good coaches get the best out of their players. Period.
    Wow I would not say Tramon is a shadow of his self. He had a pretty decent season overall. Every week he matched up against the #1 receiver on the other team, and he did a pretty damn good job.

Yeah he had a bad game in week 17 against the vikings, and he didn't play very well against the 49ers. But all this talk of him losing is starting job to Davon House is absolutely ridiculous in my mind.

And for the defense overall (to stay on topic), we need more play makers at LB and on the d-line. I don't think there is a better coach than Capers out there for us right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post

Huh? Who the hell did Eric Walden terrorize in 2010. He got a couple ublocked shots on Cutler, but let's not fool ourselves in thinking he was ever an above average player.

Raji was better in 2010 because he played outside (with Pickett at NT) IIRC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwstriker299 View Post
    Wow I would not say Tramon is a shadow of his self. He had a pretty decent season overall. Every week he matched up against the #1 receiver on the other team, and he did a pretty damn good job.

Yeah he had a bad game in week 17 against the vikings, and he didn't play very well against the 49ers. But all this talk of him losing is starting job to Davon House is absolutely ridiculous in my mind.

And for the defense overall (to stay on topic), we need more play makers at LB and on the d-line. I don't think there is a better coach than Capers out there for us right now.
    What's decent? He goes against #1 wr's and has gotten torched regularly. He was being touted as a top cover corner. I don't see him being able to live up to that 2010 was a long time ago at this point

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456