Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staff changes

vCash

Staff changes

Seems like every year we got coaches or front office staff leaving for promotions elsewhere. In here would be a good place to monitor or speculate on some changes that could be happening to our organization.

Most already know Tom Clements could be gone to the Bears. Link

Now it looks like John Dorsey could be going to Kansas City to be their GM. Link. Dorsey turned down an interview last year but now has the Jets and Chiefs after him.

If these guys go any thoughts on who would replace them?

vCash
    John will be replaced by Wolf but I don't think he leaves. Tom is interesting lots of former coaches fit the bill. I don't see a hire within b/c the next closest is Edgar. Mike Tice could be interesting for the OL but then again the Bears were ehh. Mike Sherman's out there even though it's a parallel move. I like some college coaches the best though.

vCash
    Not a current packer staffer, but mike holmgren has been rumored to have contacted the bears as well.

vCash
    Another interesting name would be Jon Gruden I know he would be looking more at head coaching but I think the chance to coach Rodgers may be intreaguing enough. Highly doubt it happens. Also doubt Tom leaves.

In reality I know he is young but Edgar may not seem ready but he would move up making room for Coach Driver WR coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Seems like every year we got coaches or front office staff leaving for promotions elsewhere. In here would be a good place to monitor or speculate on some changes that could be happening to our organization.

Most already know Tom Clements could be gone to the Bears. Link

Now it looks like John Dorsey could be going to Kansas City to be their GM. Link. Dorsey turned down an interview last year but now has the Jets and Chiefs after him.

If these guys go any thoughts on who would replace them?
    Even if Clements doesn't get the Bears HC job,
    to even accept an interview with a division rival is grounds to lose your job.
    Last edited by Pack Man; 01-04-2013 at 10:16 PM.

vCash
    I would be surprised to see Clements get this job, but if he did I think we would be OK. I actually think that Philbin was a big loss to this team's offense, and I think that losing Clements would be a big deal to our QB development but not to our offense as a whole. Not sure we have a replacement on the staff right now but I'm sure we could grab someone with his level of expertise and not miss much other than that, especially with MM making all of the calls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Another interesting name would be Jon Gruden I know he would be looking more at head coaching but I think the chance to coach Rodgers may be intreaguing enough. Highly doubt it happens. Also doubt Tom leaves.

In reality I know he is young but Edgar may not seem ready but he would move up making room for Coach Driver WR coach?
    I see people keep saying that, but i'm not so sure that he's eager to work for this organization. I'm sure he feels slighted to some degree by getting very limited playing time this year (even though I don't think he's better than what we have)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYGBP View Post
    I see people keep saying that, but i'm not so sure that he's eager to work for this organization. I'm sure he feels slighted to some degree by getting very limited playing time this year (even though I don't think he's better than what we have)
    I think DD knows the situation its just hard to get everybody in the game and yes he is in a decline so you have to put your best guys out there
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 63
    Assist Tackles: 27
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 6
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    ^^^I don't think he does. I don't have a quote, but didn't he already say he wants to play next year? And hasn't the Favre fiasco taught us anything? Football players are arrogant. That's what makes them great. Some of them are better at hiding it than others, but inside, they all think they are great players. You have to think that to succeed in the league. But I guarantee you, no matter what Driver says or looks like, deep down he thinks he should be active and getting time on the field. Everytime Rodgers gets sacked cuz no one gets open, or everytime someone drops a pass, Driver is sitting their thinking I would have made a play on that one.

He's not going to want to get faded out into some role as a coach (which by the way, just because someone is a good player, doesn't mean they'll be a good coach). If he still thinks he's healthy enough to play, he will look for employment elsewhere as a player, not a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    ^^^I don't think he does. I don't have a quote, but didn't he already say he wants to play next year? And hasn't the Favre fiasco taught us anything? Football players are arrogant. That's what makes them great. Some of them are better at hiding it than others, but inside, they all think they are great players. You have to think that to succeed in the league. But I guarantee you, no matter what Driver says or looks like, deep down he thinks he should be active and getting time on the field. Everytime Rodgers gets sacked cuz no one gets open, or everytime someone drops a pass, Driver is sitting their thinking I would have made a play on that one.

He's not going to want to get faded out into some role as a coach (which by the way, just because someone is a good player, doesn't mean they'll be a good coach). If he still thinks he's healthy enough to play, he will look for employment elsewhere as a player, not a coach.
    He has been saying he wants to play until age 40 for awhile but hw has also said he would do it on another team if he has too so that tells me he understands his situation in green bay

I wasn't saying he would be a coach i just said he understands what's happening in green bay
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 63
    Assist Tackles: 27
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 6
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    Driver said he does not intend to coach and that he's never given it any thought. I believe he will work for the Packers in marketing/public relations when he recognizes the right time to go is nearly at hand, and he sees the opportunity for a positive step into the next phase of his career. Winning this year might be a tipping point for him.
    The Bottle was Dusty but the Liquor was Clean

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pack Man View Post
    No? Packers granted permission
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    No it isn't. Advancing your career is a good thing.

Norm is online now Cardinalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    vCash
    Seriously?!!!!!!!!

Any of us would do the same thing.

vCash
    Chiefs hired John Dorsey as general manager.
    Rotoworld

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast