Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bargnani Could Be Out Another Month

Beat writer Eric Koreen suggests Andrea Bargnani (elbow) could be out another month.
    Bargnani sustained a ligament tear in his shooting elbow on Dec. 10. The Raptors have been extremely tight-lipped about the exact severity of the injury and a timetable, probably because they're trying to trade him behind closed doors. Thanks in part to the underrated contributions of Ed Davis and Amir Johnson, they've gone 8-2 since Bargs went down.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    That means a trade is less likely now. Maybe try to trade him draft night for a mid-late first then.

If he's gone though and it's hard to increase his value, that means Calderon won't be traded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    That means a trade is less likely now. Maybe try to trade him draft night for a mid-late first then.

If he's gone though and it's hard to increase his value, that means Calderon won't be traded.
    calderon will still be dealt, it's now or never for his value, and I don't see that opportunity being missed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    calderon will still be dealt, it's now or never for his value, and I don't see that opportunity being missed.
    Well if Colangelo is serious about making the playoffs, he might keep him around to help us.

That means though he's gone in the offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Well if Colangelo is serious about making the playoffs, he might keep him around to help us.

That means though he's gone in the offseason.
    I'm a firm believer he'll be dealt by the deadline. Him and lowry are now averaging the same # of minutes since lowry came back, both of those guys are capable of a heavier workload, I see him being dealt to address a need at some other position.

vCash

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    why are we going to trade him? he hasn't shown enough value to get us something useful in return

we're not going to get equal value. his stock is at an all time low. any trade would be impulsive and we would get crap in return which could hurt the team

just make him come off the bench

the way i see it is that we are going to bite more than we can chew if we make a brash trade to get rid of Bargnani.

vCash
    and it looks like Ed Davis on my fantasy team is going to keep improving in value

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    I'm a firm believer he'll be dealt by the deadline. Him and lowry are now averaging the same # of minutes since lowry came back, both of those guys are capable of a heavier workload, I see him being dealt to address a need at some other position.
    He's not going to get us much value by himself and we'd need a backup PG or combo guard in return.

vCash
    well **** me. i just want him back so we can resolve this already.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I saw keep bargs and have him come off the bench for the rest of the year... trade him if something good comes but don't rush it kuz worst comes to worst we amnesty him this off-season if we can get nothing for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    why are we going to trade him? he hasn't shown enough value to get us something useful in return

we're not going to get equal value. his stock is at an all time low. any trade would be impulsive and we would get crap in return which could hurt the team

just make him come off the bench

the way i see it is that we are going to bite more than we can chew if we make a brash trade to get rid of Bargnani.
    Were we ever going to get equal value for Andrea? At this stage in his career, teams already know what they're getting from him. Teams just want to know if he'll be able to come back from his injury. In addition to that, trades do not necessarily need to be equal in terms of talent. Sometimes you need to get rid of pieces for the greater good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Were we ever going to get equal value for Andrea? At this stage in his career, teams already know what they're getting from him. Teams just want to know if he'll be able to come back from his injury. In addition to that, trades do not necessarily need to be equal in terms of talent. Sometimes you need to get rid of pieces for the greater good.
    what i meant is that we are going to get utter garbage in return

sometimes someone else's garbage is just going to hurt the team

vCash
    playoffs!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    what i meant is that we are going to get utter garbage in return

sometimes someone else's garbage is just going to hurt the team
    You don't know that for sure. Sometimes players just need a change of scenery to realize their full potential.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast