Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Tagg Romney: Mitt 'Wanted To Be President Less Than Anyone I've Met'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2355701.html

Tagg Romney said his father "wanted to be president less than anyone I've met in my life," according to the Boston Globe.

He had no desire, the eldest Romney son said. If he could have found someone else to take his place ... he would have been ecstatic to step aside. He is a very private person who loves his family deeply and wants to be with them, but he has deep faith in God and he loves his country, but he doesnt love the attention."

Tagg Romney told the paper that his father was resistant to running because of his unsuccessful 2008 bid for president.

The oldest Romney son was an instrumental figure in his father's political career. He served as an adviser to the 2012 campaign, and has worked on previous campaigns.

Like his father, Tagg Romney attended Brigham Young University and earned his MBA from Harvard Business School. However, he told the New York Times that "Id be really surprised if I did [run for office]. Its a really horrible process, and honestly I just dont want to go through it."

Ann Romney told ABC in November that if her husband lost the election, he wouldn't run again.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure Rachel Maddow called this about 8 months ago or so. Romney just ran because he thought he was supposed to and not because he really wanted to be president. You can disagree but I don't think that he wanted the job.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I wouldn't want to be president either. Rough gig right now.

vCash
    Why did he run like 8 times then? I kind of buy it, but at the same time the guy kept going at it, each time more intensely than the last.

vCash
    He wanted to be president, it might have been a better choice of words that Mitt didn't like the path he had to travel to get there......
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    I don't blame him, I wouldn't take the job if it was offered to me even if I never had to go through the election ****

vCash
    this reminds me about a story i heard as a child. something about a wolf and some grapes......

vCash
    Sounds like something someone who just lost would say.

"Oh damn, I lost...well I didn't really want to win anyway."

vCash
    “If he could have found someone else to take his place ... he would have been ecstatic to step aside"
    Didn't they have primaries?

Props.LgnD.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc Wreaker View Post
    Didn't they have primaries?
    Do you not remember the complete whack jobs that he ran against in the primaries? He was literally the only adult in the room. When Daniels and Christie bowed out it was more or less left to him. Was an extremely weak cast of characters in the GOP primary.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    The best candidate was Huntsman, but he wasnt whacko enough....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    Do you not remember the complete whack jobs that he ran against in the primaries? He was literally the only adult in the room. When Daniels and Christie bowed out it was more or less left to him. Was an extremely weak cast of characters in the GOP primary.
    Huntsman was a pretty good candidate, but the GOP didn't give him much attention for some reason. I prefer him over Romney and would've definitely voted for him over Obama but....eh
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    Herman Cain would have been constant entertainment. Not probably would you'd want to run on, but there can't be any denying it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    Huntsman was a pretty good candidate, but the GOP didn't give him much attention for some reason. I prefer him over Romney and would've definitely voted for him over Obama but....eh
    The GOP is ignorant. Huntsman and Paul were clearly better candidates. Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich and Michelle Backman make me puke. The reason Huntsman and Paul didn't get any mention is because they go against the grain. The GOP is so ready to divide if you differ slightly from the Tea party right.. Its kind of disgusting really.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast