Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Dominic McGuire released!

Per Hornets247

The New Orleans Hornets announced today that the team has waived forward Dominic McGuire.

The Hornets signed Dominic McGuire on December 16, 2012 as a free agent. Since his signing, McGuire has appeared in nine games and has averaged 2.1 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 16.0 minutes per game.
    McGuire (6-9, 220) holds career averages of 2.8 points, 3.4 rebounds, 1.2 assists in 340 games (83 starts).
    The Hornets roster now stands at 13.
    According to Marc Stein his contract would have been fully guaranteed if he was still on the roster this Tuesday.
    About the waiver process, per Larry Coon:
    Waivers are a temporary status for players who are released by their team. A player stays “on waivers” for 48 hours, during which time other teams may claim the player and assume his contract. If no team has claimed the player before the end of the waiver period (which is always 5:00 PM Eastern Time), he is said to have “cleared waivers.” …. The waiver period includes Saturdays and Sundays.
    Additionally, 10-day contracts become available Monday (thanks for pointing this out, Mason). This could be a factor.
    About 10-day contracts, per Larry Coon:
    A 10-day contract is just that, a player contract which lasts ten days (or three games, whichever comes later). Teams may sign players to 10-day contracts starting January 5 (or the first business day thereafter) each season. Teams cannot sign players to 10-day contracts that would extend past their last regular season game. In other words, after their 80th game (64th in 2011-12) or after the 10th day before their last regular season game (whichever comes first) teams can no longer sign 10-day contracts.
    A team may sign a single player to two 10-day contracts in one season (they may or may not be consecutive). After the second 10-day contract, the team can only retain the player by signing him for the remainder of the season. A team can’t have more 10-day contracts than they have players on their Inactive List.
    So, if the Hornets picked up a 10-day contract with McGuire on the roster, that would bring the roster to 15, with Darius Miller being inactive. Now, the roster will be at 14 following a 10-day acquisition. As noted last year, this team is a fan of the 10-day contract.
    This does mean, however, that the team will the minimum of 12 players on the active roster for tomorrow’s game in all likelihood.
    What’s the big deal of having a free roster spot? Dell can net 1 player either way or do an even swap if an opportunity comes around, which increases the number of opportunities.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    hoping its nothing more then just not wanting to guarentee his contract.

Rudy Gay might be traded soon....and i dont want him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    hoping its nothing more then just not wanting to guarentee his contract.

Rudy Gay might be traded soon....and i dont want him.
    You dont want Rudy Gay but yet you want jj Reddick! Smh...
    Dude you're crazy!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    I will take Rudy gay in a heart beat you by your self on that one boss. I think Memphis is the worst managed team in the NBA. Talking about him and Zach can't be on the floor at same time because they don't like each other. I would tell them to get they ***** out there for the hole game.

BAD DIRTY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Dude you're crazy!
    JJ isnt making 16 million a year like Rudy

vCash
    maybe i should of clearified i dont want his contract.... and do you want him enough for EJ? ....because yall seem to want to keep him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Dude you're crazy!
    Beyond crazy! Lol

vCash
    For what ever JJ Redick is getting paid, he drastically over paid, from giving what he brings to the NBA!
    ....and what does money have to do with Rudy Gay talents? He's talented @ 6'9 can defend and score, being the face of a franchise unlike your college hyped media darling JJ Redick, who's a big time bust in the NBA!

*Lmao, y'all just can't get pass the money huh? It ain't like he's a Keith Van Horn who was getting tons of millions, locking down a franchise but didn't have the talent on the court to justify his salary!
    C'mon Jeff, you're better than that my brother!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 01-05-2013 at 09:00 AM.

From my Stephen-

vCash
    i could live with 10-13, but 16??...... lol

JJ jokes aside who are we supposed to give up to make that happen?

16 is superstar money.....i couldnt justify us doing that

vCash
    Big time bust wouldnt still be playing B...see Morrison. ill give you role player but not a bust. And JJ has nothing to do with Rudy not being worth 16 million

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    Big time bust wouldnt still be playing B...see Morrison. ill give you role player but not a bust. And JJ has nothing to do with Rudy not being worth 16 million
    JJ Redick is a BIG Time bust, for all that hype he got! Just like some say about Austin Rivers, except Austin is only 3mo into his career! Last I checked $13M going up to $18M is that range of income in contracts for restricted FA that were 1st RD picks who have played up and or beyond their Top Draft selection in their class which they've been drafted in!

It's kind of silly if you ask me, bcuz if the kid struggles in his rookie year, you say that he's a bust(see Rivers). But when the kid excels his drafted status, playing over or proving he's worth the High draft selection, and his team pays him, then y'all start hating saying that he isn't worth the money! Just chill out bro.... Let those kids get their money, they've earn it! Plus Gay market value isn't at $10-13M, learn your NBA market value per players talent!

*$20M is that Elite Status!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 01-05-2013 at 12:16 PM.

From my Stephen-

vCash
    i have never once said Austin was a bust, i was just frustrated. i have said numerous times i believe he has a good future.

vCash
    i wish youd stop taking any critical remark as "hating" because i like austin and defend him on a regular basis to the outsiders.

we're all on the same team, all have the same goal for the team. no reason for all this nonsense

vCash
    ive also changed my stance on Rudy...but i dont think it happens without getting rid of EJ. which im fine with if its the case

vCash
    Well, I wished you guys stop being very critical on athletes just bcuz of their money status or just bcuz we lack their skill sets but get sensitive when challenged on the dislike of a very talented player. How can a person be Boldly Critical on a individual when they lack their skill sets, but tell others, it's my opinion and I have a right to voice them. Really? Can we do it better? If not, were do our criticism comes from?
    Heres my opinion
    Hatred/jealousy over the money those kids are receiving followed by a negotiable statement about them, when we don't ever no them is just flat out Wrong & Sick! Don't be frustrated at Rivers and his 2mo career, be frustrated at JJ Redick under achieving career! He's your fav....

We cool Jeff, but that's just how I roll. Don't give a free pass to Paul but expect the world from Stephon! That ain't right bruh, lets call a spade a spade or a duck a duck!

#WeKool
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 01-05-2013 at 02:27 PM.

From my Stephen-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast