Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    so... rob ryan?
    BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!!

vCash
    i saw on twitter that people think ryan will keep us in the 4-3 if we do go to the 3-4 we will be drafting Te'o or the another linebacker in the first because we would only have Lauro as our ILB

If we do switch ill be scared because I dont like the idea of going from a top 10 overall defense and #2 sack team in a 4-3 to a 3-4 where we have a lot more holes that need filled with less money to fill them. Personally I do like the 3-4 just dont want to switch

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    I think we have personnel where we could use a couple different packages. Base 4-3 with a couple of 3-4 appearances when seen fit.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/1/...an-rams-rumors

Theres the TST report

GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

The One and Only "LEGATRON"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NDMets57 View Post
    I think we have personnel where we could use a couple different packages. Base 4-3 with a couple of 3-4 appearances when seen fit.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/1/...an-rams-rumors

Theres the TST report
    I wouldnt mind doing a pats thing were we run both 4-3 and 3-4 the thing that scares me is what if we do go to a 3-4 and Ryan turnes our defense into the God's of the NFL then bolts for a HC job and the next thing we know we are learning a new system for the 3rd straight year ex: sam and the offense

Michael Wacha

vCash
    I'd rather our defense was turned studly and he left than a situation where our offense cant get past mediocre and ppl keep leaving. Defensive schemes are probably easier to learn than offensive overall. There are less options. But regardless of that, an understudy can take over or if they defense is good enough, we can still get a good replacement.

vCash
    TurfShowTimes ‏@TurfShowTimes
    Have been told by sources that the Rams will stay with a base 4-3 defense, whether they hire Ryan or not.

Michael Wacha

vCash

Michael Wacha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    TurfShowTimes ‏@TurfShowTimes
    Have been told by sources that the Rams will stay with a base 4-3 defense, whether they hire Ryan or not.
    That's good news, I've always been a 4-3 guy but maybe thats cuz I like that bit of old school and not giving a team gap to start with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NDMets57 View Post
    That's good news, I've always been a 4-3 guy but maybe thats cuz I like that bit of old school and not giving a team gap to start with.
    ive always loved the 4-3 and i only like the 3-4 when you are stacked like bama haha

Michael Wacha

vCash
    3-4 is probably better for passing game which the NFL is evolving into obviously but if you have a couple good DTs then the 4-3 is my favorite.

vCash

vCash
    NFL Network's Albert Breer confirms the Rams are interested in ex-Cowboys DC Rob Ryan and reports it's "realistic" to believe he'll land in St. Louis.
    The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Friday morning that the Rams were internally discussing Ryan after going all of 2012 without a defensive coordinator. They hired Gregg Williams before the season, but he was suspended indefinitely due to the Bounty Scandal. Ryan ran a 3-4 in Dallas this past season. He has 4-3 experience from his days with the Raiders. One late-Friday report from the New York Post claimed the Rams had already hired Ryan, but it's not done yet.

Not sure if this was posted yet...

vCash
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...e35de4387.html

As Rams coach Jeff Fisher takes his time looking for a new defensive coordinator, it’s looking more and more as if that hire won’t be one of several “name” candidates.

According to a variety of league sources, recently fired Kansas City head coach Romeo Crennel and Dick Jauron — the defensive coordinator on the staff of fired Cleveland coach Pat Shurmur — have not heard from Fisher. In addition, former Chicago head coach Lovie Smith and former Buffalo defensive coordinator Dave Wannstedt are not in the Rams’ mix, either.

Reports by the Chicago Sun-Times and other media outlets indicate that Smith, who was Mike Martz’s defensive coordinator in St. Louis from 2001-2003, plans to sit out the 2013 season.

That leaves Rob Ryan, fired earlier this month by Dallas, as a bona fide candidate.

It could also mean that Fisher is looking at younger, less well-known candidates, perhaps even from the college ranks. Rams secondary coach Chuck Cecil still be a possibility as well.
    Damn, I would've loved Lovie Smith though. I wonder who Fisher has in mind? I'm starting to think he's gonna hire someone from within his staff.
    http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gRAnxGFouW5bgj4RR576xA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDQ7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2013-04-26T015157Z_1049109136_GM1E94Q0RAB01_RTRMADP_3_NFL-DRAFT.JPG

"You have decisions to make and don't be scared to get what you want."

Les Snead

vCash
    TST is talking Ryan or Horton right now

vCash
    You guys are slacking, I was about to post the story about how we're meeting with Rob Ryan about becoming the DC and then I got distracted and still no one has posted yet. This time last year we all fought to the death for first post lol.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast