Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    i watch jersey shore....and i must say...vinny's mom is a kitchen BEAST.
    I thought they weren't even Italians?

And yea trust when I say she was fantastic. She was from the time where women got pulled out of school young. She was cooking for the fam since she was 9.

When I was a kid I'd try sneak cookies before dinner and when she'd catch me and my bro she'd case us with a wooden spoon and we'd call her little Mussolini. Good times. I'd kill for one of those cookies right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Serious points lost with me on this one dude. That's on par with admitting to crack addiction and being ok with it.
    Naw watching jersey shore is worse

vCash
    i havent had much indian food, but i can probably tell you lamb curry mild (hate spicy, which all indiano comida is) with garlic naan. thats all you need to know. although alot of the curry's are made the same way just different ingredients.

asandhu will probably correct me, but thats the gist that i get.

oh and youll have to eat it with your hands, because touching is a sense. indians believe that eating with your hands and touching your food heightens your experience of eating it......(citation?)
    I just said I like Indian food. Which means I've heard of curry. But thanks for the info man,

but I wanna hear from a true blood Indian what kinds of choice foods he likes..

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Pity because you seem to be ignoring my input on the area not because you are married. I was married before as well and it can be great.
    Oh my bad I definitely didn't ignore your post. It's just that somebody else commented about walnut creek and I had to respond to that since wife's from there and we were just talking about it..

and truthfully you pretty much answered my question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I know a lot bout their nightlife whatcha need to know? Friday and Saturday are the best nights to go. A lot of high end restaurants with bars if you want a classy touch. I'm a fan of pyramid brewery although the downside is it closes early. Great jumping point for the night tho. Redux is right across the street (lil night club) and crogans on the corner half is dance floor other half is normal bar. Dans is more of a dive but still fun picked up 4 girls for me and my brother last time we were there. There's a little sushi/Chinese place where you can cheap happy hour stuff as well. Food is ok.
    We used to go to Stanford's and caspers and thats it lol. I can't remember any other places. And I remember this tiny dive bar over by the park and the DLOC

but I haven't spent much time in the city for a long time and people have told me its gotten much better for young adults so..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Hell yea. I was about to say that we should be seeing el Indian food pretty regularly in this thread.

Asandhu, dude tell us exactly what you're eating. I love Indian food so I wanna know what's good.
    well, it was homemade food my mum sent over.

Here is a full course Indian meal I think you would like

Main entree

Shahi Paneer

or

Butter Chicken

or

Malai Kofta

or Tandoori Chicken ( some restaurants have it as main thing, some have it as side)

with

Naan ( I like Garlic Naan ) or Rice

Drink: Mango Lassi or get beer / whiskey / rum

On the side, get raita.

vCash
    Oh and I always go full on spicy if I am ordering Indian food. I ask the guys to make it desi style. If you can handle it, ask them.

vCash
    I just said I like Indian food. Which means I've heard of curry. But thanks for the info man,

but I wanna hear from a true blood Indian what kinds of choice foods he likes..
    No way! you have heard of a spice which grows and is used all over Asia?

Also yeah. There are around 10 major Indian cuisines. Always check before you go to an Indian restaurant. The one with meat dishes is usually "northern indian" ( Punjabi, Afghani, Kashmiri and some of Iranian cuisine in one ). South Indian is usually more fish related and mostly vegetarian cuisine from lower regions of India.
    Last edited by asandhu23; 01-04-2013 at 10:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    well, it was homemade food my mum sent over.

Here is a full course Indian meal I think you would like

Main entree

Shahi Paneer

or

Butter Chicken

or

Malai Kofta

or Tandoori Chicken ( some restaurants have it as main thing, some have it as side)

with

Naan ( I like Garlic Naan ) or Rice

Drink: Mango Lassi or get beer / whiskey / rum

On the side, get raita.
    Cool.

I live naan don't think I've done garlic though..love tandoori chicken it haven't butter chicken or the other stuff. Will try..

How is the mango lassi? And what's raita?

vCash
    I only watch Jersey Shore to check out the girls.. That's my sole reason.. But it gets entertaining after a while. I could just as easily condemn you for watching walking dead Since I'm not into that, but I don't. To each his own brother

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Mack, if you're going to create sorry threads like this, then I think I should be allowed to post threads about the warriors. It's only fair.

A deal's a deal....

vCash
    Alameda- It has more bars per capita then any city in California. So it does have a night life. It's pretty dead on week days though. I have a blast on fri-sun though. It's Definately no SF but I'd say Oak is pretty comparable.

As far is living there it's perfect if you want to be in a laid back area around the Oak SF area with a beach and without the city traffic/headaches.

WC- Nightlife is cool. Like Alameda but with better looking women. Girls can get a little more stuck up as well as people in general but there's not too many of them. I would have stayed here if I didn't have to commute to Oak every day. BART goes directly to SF too so not having to transfer is a plus.

Coolbeans-

I guess what it comes down to is what are you looking for in a house. If you are looking for a house with a decent sized yard then I would live in WC. If you are looking for a place with the best nightlife I would move to SF/Oak. And if you want to live in a laid back area close to the city then I would choose Alameda.

vCash
    Dinner- Papa Murphy's pizza and cheesebread.

vCash
    Hey wwl, are you a big guy?
    Yeah...why?

vCash
    walnut creek u can get a house on the cheap..but the property values out there aint nothing.
    wrong. walnut creek is not by any means cheap.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast