Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lions D

vCash
    Also, I bet that Whitehead and R.Lewis could potentially be really good 3-4 OLBs too.

vCash
    We should switch to a 4-2-5. It's a passing league anyways. Although having one extra starter in the secondary means we would have one extra starter injured.

#tradetulloch

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash

Talking

Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    We should switch to a 4-2-5. It's a passing league anyways. Although having one extra starter in the secondary means we would have one extra starter injured.

#tradetulloch
    you want to trade away the only defender not giving us headaches? Not to mention probably the best Lions' LB since Spielman (not as great, but almost). And there's a name for a 4-2-5. It's called a nickel package lol. Switch to a 3-4, your nickel package is a 3-3-5, giving you potentially 8 cover guys. Suh and Fairley are both natural 3-4 DEs with their pass-rushing technique. And Cunningham is a 3-4 DC. I'm not quite sure why they haven't been in a 3-4, if Schwartz doesn't like it or what, he needs to man the eff up and let Gun do Gun, and use his 3-4.
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportzfreak9303 View Post
    you want to trade away the only defender not giving us headaches? Not to mention probably the best Lions' LB since Spielman (not as great, but almost). And there's a name for a 4-2-5. It's called a nickel package lol. Switch to a 3-4, your nickel package is a 3-3-5, giving you potentially 8 cover guys. Suh and Fairley are both natural 3-4 DEs with their pass-rushing technique. And Cunningham is a 3-4 DC. I'm not quite sure why they haven't been in a 3-4, if Schwartz doesn't like it or what, he needs to man the eff up and let Gun do Gun, and use his 3-4.
    The Nickel is a variation. Read up, the way the NFL is going, this is the D of the future. As fullbacks are used less and less, so are true middle linebackers.

http://coachhoover.blogspot.ca/2011/12/4-2-5.html

Also, I don't get all the love for Tulloch. He is okay, but he's not great. I think he's quite overrated personally. He rarely makes a big play, isn't particularly great in any one area...I mean his most memorable play since he's been here is "the Tebowing". I'm interested to see how he grades out on PFF.

#Noneedforthefacepalm

vCash
    I hate Tulloch. He's no better than Levy, just slower and costs more.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    I cant see willie young keeping up on coverages... i know he would be rushing @ most points but id hate to have to see him drop back on a V.Davis or something

vCash
    The Nickel is a variation. Read up, the way the NFL is going, this is the D of the future. As fullbacks are used less and less, so are true middle linebackers.

http://coachhoover.blogspot.ca/2011/12/4-2-5.html

Also, I don't get all the love for Tulloch. He is okay, but he's not great. I think he's quite overrated personally. He rarely makes a big play, isn't particularly great in any one area...I mean his most memorable play since he's been here is "the Tebowing". I'm interested to see how he grades out on PFF.

#Noneedforthefacepalm
    yeah, I know what a 4-2-5 is, TCU uses it quite often in college and my high school used it for 2 years I played. It's basically a nickel package, except instead of a nickel corner, it's a 3rd safety. And as far as Tulloch goes, before the season Bleacher Report had him ranked as the 9th best ILB in the NFL, including all ILBs no matter what the scheme, the 6th best MLB in 4-3 schemes.
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    I hate Tulloch. He's no better than Levy, just slower and costs more.
    I love Tulloch. Levy wasn't too bad, it's just a matter of money and he's going to want too much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    I cant see willie young keeping up on coverages... i know he would be rushing @ most points but id hate to have to see him drop back on a V.Davis or something
    I wouldn't expect him to lineup and be man-on-man with them. Id expect him to be the weakside OLB opposite the TE, and if he drops in coverage it is usually to the flat, which they do practice often as a DE
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    4 linemen, 2 backers, 5 in the secondary. We would use the linebackers to cover TEs, not the DEs.

vCash
    yeah, I know what a 4-2-5 is, TCU uses it quite often in college and my high school used it for 2 years I played. It's basically a nickel package, except instead of a nickel corner, it's a 3rd safety. And as far as Tulloch goes, before the season Bleacher Report had him ranked as the 9th best ILB in the NFL, including all ILBs no matter what the scheme, the 6th best MLB in 4-3 schemes.
    Then why did you call it a nickel and give me the face palm? The nickel is the nickel, the 4-2 is the 4-2.

Before the season, Tebow was in the NFL top 100, The Lions were coming off a playoff season, AP wasn't supposed to have really play, Andrew Luck was supposed to be the best rookie QB, the Eagles were supposed to be contenders, etc, etc, etc.

Bleacher Report is almost as bad as using Wikipedia as your source anyways.

Seriously, does anyone have the PFF grade on Tulloch this year?

vCash
    I love Tulloch. Levy wasn't too bad, it's just a matter of money and he's going to want too much of it.

I wouldn't expect him to lineup and be man-on-man with them. Id expect him to be the weakside OLB opposite the TE, and if he drops in coverage it is usually to the flat, which they do practice often as a DE
    If we did go to a 3-4 defense, wouldn't we use our #5 pick go to a stud OLB pass rusher? Which would mean W.Young would be his backup or he would have to learn to cover. By the way, W.Young had 0 sacks last year. I'm guessing from a huge lack of playing time? At least I hope that the reason.

vCash
    In realness though, switch to the 3-4, re-sign Jackson, Young, Houston, Delmas, and Durant. Draft Jarvis Jones #1, Matt Elam #2, and Desmond Trufant #3. Then your defense looks like this
    Suh-Hill-Fairley
    Young-Tulloch-Durant-Jones
    Houston-Elam-Delmas-Trufant/Bentley

I can't recall a 3-4 defense ever having so much pass-rush potential from their front 3, Young is a smaller DE, which bodes will for his switch to 3-4 OLB, and Jones is a monster off the edge. Trufant could prove to be solid but has more of the size of a nickel guy. I could live with the CB combo of Houston-Trufant-Bentley though, and Elam is a wrecking ball at safety
    all for it except elam is a projected first rounder now. and jones most likely goes #2 to jax
    BREAKOUT PLAYER OF THE YEAR..LEHGOO

DE 6'5 251 lbs OF PURE STEEL

#79 BIG WILLY YOUNG

vCash
    4 linemen, 2 backers, 5 in the secondary. We would use the linebackers to cover TEs, not the DEs.
    I was refering to a 3-4 where willie WOULD be a LB

#FeelMe?

vCash
    I was refering to a 3-4 where willie WOULD be a LB

#FeelMe?
    I feel your Willie thing

#hot

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast