Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    The thing this team is suffering from seems to be a sense of complacency. Having no fire. No driving force or real motivation. It's like they had one decent season, and suddenly felt like they were the Patriots or something.

It's the sort of thing that's going to take a bunch of new faces to solve, and a lot of young blood in the mix ON the field. Not on the sidelines.

It's ridiculous he's getting another shot, but if Mayhew doesn't find us at least 4 guys who will IMMEDIATELY make an impact this next season in the upcoming draft - he's got to be gone. And not a wait until the end of the season firing, I'm talking Week 8 firing.
    this is just an unrealistic expectation through the draft. maybe if we trade down. but everyone acts like if we are willing to do it, someone will easily want to trade with us and everyone is happy.
    maybe if you said, 4 impact players via draft/free agency that could work

vCash
    Drafting at the #5 position, on a team with 18 impending players going to free agency, on a team who has SO many holes and has underperformed so greatly - I don't think it's that unrealistic.

The Patriots landed THREE guys who have had an immediate impact, and that's on a team coming off a Super Bowl appearance. With an incredibly higher draft position, and an extremely more shallow talent pool to compete with - it should definitely be realistic.

Not to mention, the guy doesn't need to have an average or "so-so" draft IMO to keep his job. With consistent AWFUL ones, he needs to show me a SPECTACULAR one to stick around.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Drafting at the #5 position, on a team with 18 impending players going to free agency, on a team who has SO many holes and has underperformed so greatly - I don't think it's that unrealistic.

The Patriots landed THREE guys who have had an immediate impact, and that's on a team coming off a Super Bowl appearance. With an incredibly higher draft position, and an extremely more shallow talent pool to compete with - it should definitely be realistic.

Not to mention, the guy doesn't need to have an average or "so-so" draft IMO to keep his job. With consistent AWFUL ones, he needs to show me a SPECTACULAR one to stick around.
    the pats are a bad example, they had two 1st round picks last year and more picks than most teams. not to mention both those picks were right where we were 21 & 25.

we arent going to have that many holes by the time draft rolls around, well at least i hope. to have 4 immediate impact players via the draft is very rare not the norm. how many 3rd and 4th round draft picks make this kind of impact. not to mention we dont even have a 4th round pick. so you want our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th to make a huge contribution to this team. so yea, prob unrealistic.

maybe if we trade down, but i still think that is easier said than done to find the right team

i agree, MM needs a very good draft and off season. However, drafts are normally graded more accurately years down the road. NOT at the 8 game mark......

JS and MM need to make the playoffs next to year to keep their jobs while bringing in players that will have this team succeed

vCash
    The more I think about it Teo would be awesome on this team we need his leadership more than anything jus sayin
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'd keep Sammie and Houston/Delmas for cheap. The rest can leave.
    This plus id keep durant....im sure he will be cheap for him being a descent linebacker

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    well from the highlights that I seen from Teo I think he would make a good pro and with that being said I believe we will select a DE with the first pick. People like teo and clay matthews are qb hunters I feel like if we draft teo he will always be following a te which is sometimes part of his job but with detroit that seems like a every down thing.
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash

Could not agree more! We need guaranteed hits in the first 3 rounds at a minimum for MM to keep his job. We pick at what? I believe #5, #36 & #67? No more reaches, no more concussion problems, no more guys with questionable character, just bring some young guys on defense who want a serious shot at winning a starting job in the NFL (because god know this team needs starters) and back to the business of winning more than 4 ****ing football games next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    Could not agree more! We need guaranteed hits in the first 3 rounds at a minimum for MM to keep his job. We pick at what? I believe #5, #36 & #67? No more reaches, no more concussion problems, no more guys with questionable character, just bring some young guys on defense who want a serious shot at winning a starting job in the NFL (because god know this team needs starters) and back to the business of winning more than 4 ****ing football games next year.
    this agreed!

ps. hey congrats on fast approaching 1k!

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 tackles sacks ints
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    the amount of people they need to hit for immediate impact depend upon the rookie class from last year. Does Greenwood, Bentley, and Green come back and fill in roles for this team? Does one of the young linebackers or defensive ends step up?

If either of those two things happen or even if only 3 of last year late round picks plays a significant role than I would say the first two picks need to be a significant contributor to this team. The others just need to be able to spell the others and be a force on special teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    My mocks I've posted all year portray this model you have described
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    the amount of people they need to hit for immediate impact depend upon the rookie class from last year. Does Greenwood, Bentley, and Green come back and fill in roles for this team? Does one of the young linebackers or defensive ends step up?

If either of those two things happen or even if only 3 of last year late round picks plays a significant role than I would say the first two picks need to be a significant contributor to this team. The others just need to be able to spell the others and be a force on special teams.
    Fair enough. Between the two drafts give me 5-6 guys making an impact next year. Reiff needs to be an every down starter. Bentley needs to be able to bounce back and become a serviceable starter. And Broyles needs to be back on the field and at full speed. Greenwood and/or Green be role players. Then add 2-3 guys who will start in this season's draft, and perhaps things are looking more on par with decent organizations. But that is hoping for a LOT.

Mayhew just doesn't get a mulligan on the 2012 draft making an impact. Those guys haven't done a thing for this team, but they're still going to be around. It's as much on their performance as it is who he brings to the team in the 2013 draft.

Scrap Detroit!!

First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Fair enough. Between the two drafts give me 5-6 guys making an impact next year. Reiff needs to be an every down starter. Bentley needs to be able to bounce back and become a serviceable starter. And Broyles needs to be back on the field and at full speed. Greenwood and/or Green be role players. Then add 2-3 guys who will start in this season's draft, and perhaps things are looking more on par with decent organizations. But that is hoping for a LOT.

Mayhew just doesn't get a mulligan on the 2012 draft making an impact. Those guys haven't done a thing for this team, but they're still going to be around. It's as much on their performance as it is who he brings to the team in the 2013 draft.
    no I completly agree Mayhew needs to get players who actually make an impact...but honestly is there any real reason why Rieff was not starting last year. When he was in he was better than Cherlius and Peterman. One of those clowns should have been sitting IMO.

vCash
    Schwartz is the problem moreso than Mayhew IMO and it's not even close. How much better would the team have been if Joique Bell was worked into the running and passing game on a more consistent basis, Logan was benched much earlier than week 17, Reiff replaced Peterman in the starting lineup, the ineffective KVB (holy crap, just realized KVB only had 3.5 sacks total on the season even after having 2.5 in the first 5 games of the season) was benched as a starter and Willie Young/Lo-Jack got more PT, Fairley was starting over Corey Williams from the get go, Silva started at safety over Wendling at the beginning of the season, Jonte Green kept his starting spot even after Florence came back because he was playing solid, one of the young linebackers got some PT over Levy and/or Durant, Broyles saw PT when Titus was doing absolutely nothing at the beginning of the season, etc.

So many horrible personnel decisions from Schwartz and the coaching staff this season. Like I have mentioned and someone else has as well, Schwartz is the Jim Leyland of football.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Schwartz is the problem moreso than Mayhew IMO and it's not even close. How much better would the team have been if Joique Bell was worked into the running and passing game on a more consistent basis, Logan was benched much earlier than week 17, Reiff replaced Peterman in the starting lineup, the ineffective KVB (holy crap, just realized KVB only had 3.5 sacks total on the season even after having 2.5 in the first 5 games of the season) was benched as a starter and Willie Young/Lo-Jack got more PT, Fairley was starting over Corey Williams from the get go, Silva started at safety over Wendling at the beginning of the season, Jonte Green kept his starting spot even after Florence came back because he was playing solid, one of the young linebackers got some PT over Levy and/or Durant, Broyles saw PT when Titus was doing absolutely nothing at the beginning of the season, etc.

So many horrible personnel decisions from Schwartz and the coaching staff this season. Like I have mentioned and someone else has as well, Schwartz is the Jim Leyland of football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast