Thread: Lions D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I feel your Willie thing

#hot
    #BigWillyStyle

vCash
    The Nickel is a variation. Read up, the way the NFL is going, this is the D of the future. As fullbacks are used less and less, so are true middle linebackers.

http://coachhoover.blogspot.ca/2011/12/4-2-5.html

Also, I don't get all the love for Tulloch. He is okay, but he's not great. I think he's quite overrated personally. He rarely makes a big play, isn't particularly great in any one area...I mean his most memorable play since he's been here is "the Tebowing". I'm interested to see how he grades out on PFF.

#Noneedforthefacepalm
    I've said this before...I referred to it as a 4-2-3...that way it was less confusing 3 meaning a third saftey. It works well because the 3 saftey duties include run support and being able to cover a tight end...its just hard to find a saftey that can do those things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I've said this before...I referred to it as a 4-2-3...that way it was less confusing 3 meaning a third saftey. It works well because the 3 saftey duties include run support and being able to cover a tight end...its just hard to find a saftey that can do those things.
    I had a discussion with a friend about getting rid of th middle linebacker position altogether and it makes a ton of sense. Unfortunately we don't have even secondary help as it is.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I had a discussion with a friend about getting rid of th middle linebacker position altogether and it makes a ton of sense. Unfortunately we don't have even secondary help as it is.
    We cant keep one healthy safety... Let alone 3

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345