Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions D

vCash

Lions D

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    We don't have the money to sign a big time FA.
    We have alot of money opening up, Technically we do have the money to do that but we would end up having gaping holes at 3 different positions on D because we would no longer have the $ to resign/sign all of our D FA's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    We have alot of money opening up, Technically we do have the money to do that but we would end up having gaping holes at 3 different positions on D because we would no longer have the $ to resign/sign all of our D FA's
    why does everyone want to re-sign our D free agents? they all suck. there's a reason we had one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Levy, Durant, Avril, Delmas, Lacey, and Houston can all go bye bye as far as i'm concerned.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    why does everyone want to re-sign our D free agents? they all suck. there's a reason we had one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Levy, Durant, Avril, Delmas, Lacey, and Houston can all go bye bye as far as i'm concerned.
    Post of the Day award

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    We need to let a good number of lackluster players walk, and seriously draft ALL defense.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    I dont want to resign them all thats why i said resign/sign players.. Im sure some will come back and im sure there will be some new blood..

id like Delmas back ( if cheaper ) Houston, and one of the LBs.. other than that im good with changing the rest

Houstons play wasent the best towards the end of the year but i dont know how we could possibly replace as many players as you just named off.. cant imagine us getting two starting LBs and CBs and DEs.. Thats just too many positions to cover

vCash
    I'm fine with letting all the FAs walk, including Cliff and spending the $ elsewhere. Houston might be worth keeping if we get a corner in the 1st round and want Houston to provide some stability in a revamped secondary.

New safeties, new DEs and new LBs would be great. **** the guys that have been getting roasted for the last 2 years.

It would be a big over-haul but its hard to defend the way a lot of the guys on this defense have played. Paying too much for the same players would be a big mistake. Try to poach as many defenders in the draft as possible and fill in the rest with some veteran FAs.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I'm fine with letting all the FAs walk, including Cliff and spending the $ elsewhere. Houston might be worth keeping if we get a corner in the 1st round and want Houston to provide some stability in a revamped secondary.

New safeties, new DEs and new LBs would be great. **** the guys that have been getting roasted for the last 2 years.

It would be a big over-haul but its hard to defend the way a lot of the guys on this defense have played. Paying too much for the same players would be a big mistake. Try to poach as many defenders in the draft as possible and fill in the rest with some veteran FAs.
    I agree, But i just dunno if we can actually replace that many players with MORE capable players in one offseason..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    I agree, But i just dunno if we can actually replace that many players with MORE capable players in one offseason..
    We finished 4-12. There is a pretty good chance we can find more capable players.

vCash
    houston deserves to stay-id say 4yrs-20million range would work
    he has been the only player in the secondary to stay healthy for the most part. he is an above average corner, give me 3 of those and i am more than happy going into next season.

i would also like to resign 1 of the 2 LB's we have. I feel like levy has really come around in the last year. i would lean toward him.

to not sign delmas for 2-3 million-2 years would be good. i would only guarantee about half and/or make the rest incentive based
    i would like to keep avril only because if we do not draft someone, our de's will be garbage as a whole. but he will want too much money.

SLH is a must to sign

everyone else is pretty much awful

it seems as like the salary cap will be okay with restructuring/extending a couple guys along with not franchising anyone

vCash
    I'd keep Sammie and Houston/Delmas for cheap. The rest can leave.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    We finished 4-12. There is a pretty good chance we can find more capable players.
    im all for it IF we can.. but thats alot of players.. Hopefully it does happen, Im just not holding my breath

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'd keep Sammie and Houston/Delmas for cheap. The rest can leave.
    and depending on who they plan to draft i might keep a LB, if they hope to draft teo then both LBs can walk too

vCash
    The thing this team is suffering from seems to be a sense of complacency. Having no fire. No driving force or real motivation. It's like they had one decent season, and suddenly felt like they were the Patriots or something.

It's the sort of thing that's going to take a bunch of new faces to solve, and a lot of young blood in the mix ON the field. Not on the sidelines.

It's ridiculous he's getting another shot, but if Mayhew doesn't find us at least 4 guys who will IMMEDIATELY make an impact this next season in the upcoming draft - he's got to be gone. And not a wait until the end of the season firing, I'm talking Week 8 firing.

Scrap Detroit!!

First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    The thing this team is suffering from seems to be a sense of complacency. Having no fire. No driving force or real motivation. It's like they had one decent season, and suddenly felt like they were the Patriots or something.

It's the sort of thing that's going to take a bunch of new faces to solve, and a lot of young blood in the mix ON the field. Not on the sidelines.

It's ridiculous he's getting another shot, but if Mayhew doesn't find us at least 4 guys who will IMMEDIATELY make an impact this next season in the upcoming draft - he's got to be gone. And not a wait until the end of the season firing, I'm talking Week 8 firing.

Florida State Seminoles Overall: 14-0 ACC: 8-0 (BCS National Champions )

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 37-27-14 Pts.: 88
    Detroit LionsWelcome to Detroit Jim Caldwell!!!
    Detroit Tigers 4-1
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Good Season Boys!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post

Don't hold your breath for any of those.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast