Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Andy Reid a good hire for KC???

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 89.66%
  • No

3 10.34%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Official per Mort's twitter

Andy Reid and the Chiefs have reached an agreement. Lawyers reviewing contract. Added to ESPN story along with @AdamSchefter
    https://twitter.com/mortreport/statu...27035011653634

vCash

chiefs and Andy Reid reach agreement

Andy Reid to be new Chiefs coach
    Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter
    January 4, 2013

Andy Reid has reached an agreement to become the next coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, according to league sources. The contract is now being reviewed by attorneys and is expected to be finalized Friday.

Reid's deal comes shortly after the Chiefs and general manager Scott Pioli mutually agreed to part ways after four seasons.

The Chiefs held a meeting with the coaching staff Friday morning, presumably to talk about Kansas City's job search and ongoing talks with Reid, according to sources.

Reid spent 1999-2012 as Philadelphia's coach, leading the Eagles to the playoffs nine times during that period. He won 130 regular-season games and 10 playoff games. The Chiefs, meanwhile, had 98 wins, three postseason appearances and no postseason wins under five different head coaches, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Reid Was Eagles' Best
    Since Andy Reid's arrival in Philadelphia in 1999 the Eagles have 130 regular-season wins, the NFL's sixth-highest total in that span. Philadelphia also have 10 postseason wins, third-most since 1999, and six division titles, also third-most, under their former coach.

Most Wins By Eagles Coach
    COACH W-L
    Andy Reid 130-93-1
    Greasy Neale 63-43-5
    Dick Vermeil 54-47
    Buddy Ryan 43-35-1
    -- ESPN Stats & Information
    Pioli, 47, joined the Chiefs in 2009 after nine seasons with the Patriots, where he helped to build New England's dynasty. But he failed to turn around the Chiefs, who were 23-39 in his four seasons, including a woeful 2-14 in 2012 under Romeo Crennel, who was hired to replace Todd Haley during the 2011 season. Crennel was fired Monday.

"I would like to thank Norma, Clark and the Hunt family for the opportunity that they gave me four years ago," Pioli said. "I'd also like to thank the players, coaches, scouts and countless other employees, throughout the organization and at Arrowhead Stadium that have worked so hard during my time here. I would also like to genuinely thank Chiefs fans.

"The bottom line is that I did not accomplish all of what I set out to do. To the Hunt family – to the great fans of the Kansas City Chiefs – to the players, all employees and alumni, I truly apologize for not getting the job done."

The Chiefs' season was marred by a tragic murder-suicide -- linebacker Jovan Belcher killed his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, and then took his own life in the parking lot of Arrowhead Stadium after thanking Pioli and Crennel for everything they had done for him.

One of Pioli's first significant moves in 2009 was trading for quarterback Matt Cassel, who'd been impressive as a fill-in for injured Patriots starter. Pioli proceeded to sign Cassel to a six-year, $63 million deal. Cassel didn't live up to his contract in Kansas City, however, and lost his starting job to Brady Quinn in 2012.

"After several productive conversations, we made the difficult decision to part ways with Scott Pioli and allow him to pursue other opportunities," Chiefs chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said in a statement. "Scott has been an invaluable member of the Chiefs family since joining us in 2009, and we sincerely appreciate his tremendous contributions over the last four years.

"I know that this was a difficult decision for Scott as well. He has a great deal of appreciation for the history of this franchise, for our players, coaches and employees, and especially our great fans."

The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since 1993. This season was Kansas City's fifth losing season in six years.

Information from ESPN NFL reporter Ed Werder and ESPN Stats & Information was used in this report.

vCash
    There's already a thread for this.

vCash
    Hopefully a good move for KC and they become a consistent winner the next few seasons.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    the chiefs complied with the nfl's rooney rule by interviewing falcons st coach keith armstrong.

vCash
    damn WTF, peyton one year now reid in the AFC west. Now lovie smith will come to the chargers and we will be screwed for awhile

vCash
    Good for KC they deserve a good coach

vCash
    Nice to see him not going to zona

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Hopefully he brings Vick. Would love to see Von miller and Elvis tee off on him twice a year. Bad hire but I like it. Go Broncos!

vCash
    i'll be halfway pulling for the chiefs next year. i supported parting ways with him, but i love that fat man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'm home Norm, I'm home.

Depending on QB, I agree. Lets not forget Andy has a way of getting a lot out of his QBs. Maybe Cassel stays, maybe Vick comes with him.

And why is that?

Just had to go off topic here, your sig is hilarious. That said, even though Romo did not do any of it. Dallas has actually won football championships, what has philly ever won?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stlbest5in2013 View Post
    Just had to go off topic here, your sig is hilarious. That said, even though Romo did not do any of it. Dallas has actually won football championships, what has philly ever won?
    Eagles won the NFL Championship game in 1947, 1948, and 1960

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stlbest5in2013 View Post
    It's an inside joke.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Am I the only the one that finds it weird that the OP called Reid, "Andrew Reid"?

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Am I the only the one that finds it weird that the OP called Reid, "Andrew Reid"?
    thought the same thing lol

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast