Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

First Trimester Grades?

Ok, so we're more than a third of the season through now, grade our players in how they've done thus far! And why you graded them the way you did.

Greg Monroe -
    Rodney Stuckey -
    Brandon Knight -
    Austin Daye -
    Charlie Villanueva -
    Andre Drummond -
    Kyle Singler -
    Corey Maggette -
    Tayshaun Prince -
    Kim English -
    Khris Middleton -
    Jason Maxiell -
    Will Bynum -
    Jonas Jerebko -
    Slava Kravstov -

vCash
    Greg Monroe -
    Rodney Stuckey -
    Brandon Knight -
    Austin Daye -
    Charlie Villanueva -
    Andre Drummond -
    Kyle Singler -
    Corey Maggette -
    Tayshaun Prince -
    Kim English -
    Khris Middleton -
    Jason Maxiell -
    Will Bynum -
    Jonas Jerebko -
    Slava Kravstov -

They don't even deserve grades. Everyone else will play so much better if they actually have a true point guard to play with

vCash
    ^^ LOL no disrespect but it is almost unnecessary for you to answer this question about these two, you are very clear on them lol. No grade for the rest tho?

vCash
    Greg Monroe - B-,I thought Monroe would come back this year and really go to that next level but he looks like the same player but has had some big games including a triple double.
    Rodney Stuckey -D+,Stuck was complete garbage at the beginning of the year and its a joke to call this guy a SG but since he has went to the bench as our 2nd PG he has looked better.
    Brandon Knight -C,I have been mostly dissapointed with him mostly because he doesnt even show signs of improving as a PG but he does have a sweet shot at times and is still very young.
    Austin Daye -C,This kid has always been a joke but has been on a pretty strong comeback lately and has made some clutch shots but he still looks like a little girl most of the time when someone is contesting him.
    Charlie Villanueva -C+,I think he has been huge for us this year and is a big part of why we our winning.When he comes in and is lighting up threes we find ourselves usually going up by double digits and Ive noticed hes been scoring close to the hoop more this season too.Alot of his success comes from playing with Drummond and the way it opens up the floor.
    Andre Drummond -A+++,Amazing sums up Drummond for me this kid is our future and is going to make us a respectable franchise once again.I thought it would take years before we would see Drummond playing at this level.Unlike Moose who can put up big games,Drummond is a game changer and can change the outcomes of games and Ive never really felt that way with Monroe.
    Kyle Singler -C+,I was really excited about him at first but now I sometimes forget he is even on the court.
    Corey Maggette -F,This guy sucks balls but he has a 10 mil expiring
    Tayshaun Prince -B,Prince is still a solid reliable good player(just wish it was for someone else)
    Kim English -C-,From what Ive seen he looked pretty good but weve bareley seen anything.
    Khris Middleton -Who?
    Jason Maxiell -C+,Maxiell hustles and can have some highlight plays throughout a game but he is too small to be playing these kind of minutes against NBA bigs but you have to respect his hustle.
    Will Bynum -A-,From what we have see since he has been on the court this season but Who knows if he can keep it up.
    Jonas Jerebko -D,He hustles but he has played like crap when he has been on the floor.
    Slava Kravstov -D-,This guy was cracking me up when he was on the court he looked pretty lost but at least he got a dunk so I wont give him a F.
    Last edited by RipCity32; 01-04-2013 at 11:46 AM.

vCash
    Greg Monroe - B- 15 points 9 rebounds 3 assist on solid efficiency. Thought he would be better this year.

Rodney Stuckey - C- Started off terrible. Has been a very good backup PG in December averaging over 6 APG.

Brandon Knight - C Inconsistent. Has a nice 3pt shot and has been getting to the FT line more than last year. Low assist high turnovers.

Austin Daye - B- Playing limited minutes but is hitting most of his 3pt shots.

Charlie Villanueva - B+ Obviously not living up to his contract, but compared to his last few years hes playing pretty well in his limited minutes.

Andre Drummond - A+ ****ing beast. Would have a decent shot at winning ROY if he played 28+ MPG.

Kyle Singler - B Has been a solid role player. 2nd round pick, didn't expect too much.

Corey Maggette - F The guy sucks.

Tayshaun Prince - B Playing better this year. No complaints really.

Kim English - Incomplete

Khris Middleton - Incomplete

Jason Maxiell - B- Love his toughness, Just wish he wasn't taking minutes from Dre.

Will Bynum - B- Was terrible at the start of the season, has played great in the last 5 games.

Jonas Jerebko - D Has been pretty bad so far.

Slava Kravstov - Incomplete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kduce View Post
    ^^ LOL no disrespect but it is almost unnecessary for you to answer this question about these two, you are very clear on them lol. No grade for the rest tho?
    the others are gonna be low so there is no point. I want those players to play w/ a pure point guard first, then I'll grade them.

Our group w/o superstars need a point guard to set them up cause they are not one on one players

Monroes layup game will not work in the playoffs, he needs a point gaurd to set him up in the right places and not always at mid court like Knight always does.

vCash
    Noteworthy guys
    Greg Monroe: B
    Brandon Knight: C-
    Rodney Stuckey: D
    Andre Drummond: A+
    Kyle Singler: C

Everyone else: mostly between F-D+

vCash
    The fact that knigth and stuckey are even deserving of a grade

a letter has not been developed yet for these two

vCash
    Greg Monroe - B- missing layups, careless turnovers, but can still be who we expect him to be night in and night out, honestly i thot he would make a bigger jump from yr 2 to yr 3, but he always comes on strong in the 2nd half of the season
    Rodney Stuckey - C Interesting though, he did have a few cool games off the bench, but i dont know, our teams been eleectric without him
    Brandon Knight - C+ the shooting has improved, but needs to get in the lane stronger, needs better decision making
    Austin Daye - C+ from what I've seen in the last few games, he looks pretty good, i wish he could do it consistently from now on
    Charlie Villanueva - B Where did this guy come from, hes been an assassin from 3 for us during this reign of bench dominance
    Andre Drummond - A+ a letter grade doesnt justify how drummond impacts the game, just his presence seems to make us go on 8-0 runs in the 2 mins he gets on the court sometimes, wen he plays extended minutes, hes one of the most exciting players we can watch on the court, just an amazing player already at 19!
    Kyle Singler - B he's slowed down a bit recently, but he was magnificent for us early on.
    Corey Maggette - F- **** this guy, i thought he would bring leadership and defense, but hes nothing.
    Tayshaun Prince - B Tay has been good, the only reason I want him out or in a reduced role is because of his post up game that kills us offensively, but he can hit pretty meaningful shots for us, and he dunked on CB4
    Kim English - N/A Needs more time, but seems to be a good defender, and awesome spot up shooter
    Khris Middleton - N/A this kid needs more time, I want to see what he can offer
    Jason Maxiell - B Similar to Tay , him being on the team just takes minutes away from Drummond, but he's still a better defender than Monroe and he hustles hard, it's hard to hate a player like that
    Will Bynum - B+ hes been amazing as our backup pg, great leader for the bench, but sometimes does boneheaded thngs that make u rage. but recently the pros outweigh the cons
    Jonas Jerebko - B he was hustling hard and playing jerebko-like early on, I have no idea why he's out of the rotation, but he was good from what I did see, his fg% is kinda bad but he played hard
    Slava Kravstov -N/A he had a dunk against sacramento was it? i never caught the game but he also needs more time!

vCash
    Greg Monroe - B- (doesn't seem to be making the big jump we hoped he would but still is putting up solid numbers)

Rodney Stuckey - C (Just what I expect. An average grade for a meh player)

Brandon Knight - C- (A little disappointed from a production stand point but the season still has time)

Austin Daye - B- (Really not a fan of his but Daye has proved to be of some use recently)

Charlie Villanueva - B (The biggest surprise thus far. Still a bust contract wise but is at least showing some value).

Andre Drummond - A+ (Ever better than I ever hoped he would be in his first year. I though he'd develop more like Andrew Bynum did)

Kyle Singler - B (Like his hustle and smarts)

Corey Maggette - F (Trash)

Tayshaun Prince - C (Steady but nothing special)

Kim English - N/A

Khris Middleton - N/A

Jason Maxiell - D (Pretty much useless in anything more than short spurts off the bench.)

Will Bynum - B (Love the play recently. While it's hard to expect him to keep it up, he can still be a solid bench piece)

Jonas Jerebko - D- (Yeah he's done little in his short time on the court. His recent benching does him no favors either.)

Slava Kravstov -N/A

vCash
    I agree with gators 100 & wanted to add I wish max was taller...lol lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123:24964317
    Greg Monroe - B- 15 points 9 rebounds 3 assist on solid efficiency. Thought he would be better this year.

Rodney Stuckey - C- Started off terrible. Has been a very good backup PG in December averaging over 6 APG.

Brandon Knight - C Inconsistent. Has a nice 3pt shot and has been getting to the FT line more than last year. Low assist high turnovers.

Austin Daye - B- Playing limited minutes but is hitting most of his 3pt shots.

Charlie Villanueva - B+ Obviously not living up to his contract, but compared to his last few years hes playing pretty well in his limited minutes.

Andre Drummond - A+ ****ing beast. Would have a decent shot at winning ROY if he played 28+ MPG.

Kyle Singler - B Has been a solid role player. 2nd round pick, didn't expect too much.

Corey Maggette - F The guy sucks.

Tayshaun Prince - B Playing better this year. No complaints really.

Kim English - Incomplete

Khris Middleton - Incomplete

Jason Maxiell - B- Love his toughness, Just wish he wasn't taking minutes from Dre.

Will Bynum - B- Was terrible at the start of the season, has played great in the last 5 games.

Jonas Jerebko - D Has been pretty bad so far.

Slava Kravstov - Incomplete

vCash
    No grade for our coach??? Lol... Well My grade for frank was a F Because he wouldn't start drummond & kept playing maggette & benched jj. But as of late I think frank has been a C- because he is starting to hold players accountable for playing bad. Now if he could just work on his questionable substitutions...
    Last edited by mike 810; 01-04-2013 at 05:58 PM.

vCash
    If you'd like to you could give a grade for Frank lol.

vCash
    Greg Monroe - B+ ( Seems to have left off right where he was at last season. He needs to take his game a step further though this season)
    Rodney Stuckey - C+( All the supposed working out this past summer and going to come in and have a breakout year... did not happen. Disappointment)
    Brandon Knight - C-( He just needs to figure out the point position I feel. Have not lost hope on him yet.)
    Austin Daye - B ( He deserves a higher grade just for the fact he kept his head up and stuck with it. He delivered when his number was called.)
    Charlie Villanueva - B- (Al this off season boxing must have done something for him. He has been playing well lately. We will have to see if it continues.
    Andre Drummond - A+( What can you say... above and Beyond what he was projected to do this season).
    Kyle Singler - B+ ( He started the season strong, his playing seemed to have dwindled a bit but I believe he will continue making smart plays and be a constant.
    Corey Maggette - F ( He was supposed to bring another dimension to our offense and has not delivered)
    Tayshaun Prince - A- ( He has played his game like always can not fault him for this).
    Kim English - I
    Khris Middleton - I
    Jason Maxiell - B ( He certainly came out the gate fast this year. I still think he is a serviceable "small" bigman for us. Keep pumping that stock up).
    Will Bynum - C+ ( I think he is in the same boat as Daye. Although, he did have a rough start, he is coming around and hoping this production keeps up.)
    Jonas Jerebko - D+ ( I don't know what happened to him this season? Perhaps it was him being used as a stretch 4 or the group he was on the floor with. He seems to have taken a step backward this year.)
    Slava Kravstov - I

vCash
    Nice thread!

Greg Monroe - (B+)
    Rodney Stuckey -(C)
    Brandon Knight -(C)
    Austin Daye -(C-)
    Charlie Villanueva -(C)
    Andre Drummond -(A-)
    Kyle Singler -(B)
    Corey Maggette -(D)
    Tayshaun Prince -(B-)