Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think I rather Sheed start over Camby. He gives us most of what Marcus does but also an added offensive threat.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    You're probably right, Sheed will get minutes over copeland. I just think Copeland has alot of potential even though he's an older rookie. I think he can become a mojor contributor if he improves his D.
    Don't disagree at all...just don't see it happening..especially if it came at Sheeds expense....don't think Woodson would cut down sheeds minutes.

vCash
    Camby/Tyson good combo. Compliment each others game very well. I so glad Melo is not having to guard big PFs. Remember the Memphis game with Melo guarding Zbo & Gasol!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Never good to get carried away. But with Camby and Chandler on the floor the paint was straight locked down. They were gobbling up boards, it was good stuff. Just not a lot of offense out there. Eventually I'd like to see a lineup of:
    Tyson, Camby, Melo, Shump and Felton, against bigger teams at least

Defense won us the game last night. That JR dunk was ridiculous, I was so close to it and everyone at the garden just lost it
    here is my thought on this. We dont need offense from the 4 if melo is playing the 3. Felton can score, Tyson is a P&R dream, and Shumpert is no slouch. Our issues all year have been rebounding. problem solved. Like last night keep the game close and our bench will destroy you. If you want to beat the knicks.....Better get a big early lead.
    Chicago beat us twice by just crushing us on the boards. Brooklyn is a tough matchup because they rebound. Even Sir Charles complains that our rebounding will end up killing our chances.

Rebounding means extra possessions they lead to extra points. We need camby to fill a Noah role for us,

vCash
    hey .....we got a very easy schedule coming up...like 11 of our next 16 games are loosing teams.............
    so if that camby and tyson line up gets us 11 and 5 in the next 16 games ..im fine with it ..but.... the reality of it is no.... you cant depend on camby starting more than 5 games in a row without breaking down...
    so id rather go with sheed if he was healthy......stat stays on bench..... BTW ....alot of ppl are forgetting that we gave up on camby when we had him because no matter how talented he was he just couldn't stay healthy...
    so imagine a old camby playing 180 minutes in 5 games straight??? not a good idea...good for match up games but camby and tyson tandem every day ...no

vCash
    love the idea of Camby and Tyson starting in the first quarter. Having two former defensive players of the year on the court. Did you guys see last night's game? We had an MSG lockdown last night with those two patrolling the paint. it sets the tone for at the start of the game, taking command in the first and our second unit just overpowered theirs. beautiful thing to watch.

vCash
    After the game Pablo had last night, I dont see how you can leave him out
    I am a huge Prigioni fan, have been since the second we signed him. he will get his minutes for sure. He will back up PG. play late in games to secure a win, and we all know injuries are a surety with this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    hey .....we got a very easy schedule coming up...like 11 of our next 16 games are loosing teams.............
    so if that camby and tyson line up gets us 11 and 5 in the next 16 games ..im fine with it ..but.... the reality of it is no.... you cant depend on camby starting more than 5 games in a row without breaking down...
    so id rather go with sheed if he was healthy......stat stays on bench..... BTW ....alot of ppl are forgetting that we gave up on camby when we had him because no matter how talented he was he just couldn't stay healthy...
    so imagine a old camby playing 180 minutes in 5 games straight??? not a good idea...good for match up games but camby and tyson tandem every day ...no
    I am not sure most expect Camby to play more than 15-20 minutes(maybe less)..I think they want him to start..to help ensure we don't get blown out early..Woodson has already shown he will start someone and not play them Major minutes(Thomas and Brewer)

I am good with either him or Sheed starting(especially against physical teams)..neither need to play more than 10-15 minutes each.. and there will be times we should go back to smaller lineups against smaller quicker teams..this is something Woodson needs to figure out

Personally...I am counting the days down until Felton/shump get back so Brewer does not start ... unless brewer can get back to the D he used to play!ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick bag View Post
    Camby/Tyson good combo. Compliment each others game very well. I so glad Melo is not having to guard big PFs. Remember the Memphis game with Melo guarding Zbo & Gasol!!!
    They make each other better defenders,like Jared Jeffries and Tyson together.

vCash
    This is great news! Health should still be our #1 priority for the post-season, which means, monitor just about everyone's minutes. Even Melo, we want him fresh in the post-season.

I'm not against starting Camby, but I think it will be only against a handful of teams like Memphis, Brooklyn maybe, and I don't know who else...

Brewer and Novak to me are the odd men out right now. Cope is more versatile and consistent offensively, but because Novak can knock down 5 threes any day, he'll continue to get chances.

C Chandler, Sheed,
    PF Camby, Stoudemire
    SF Anthony, Smith
    SG Shumpert, Kidd
    PG Felton, Prigioni

With Novak, Kurt, Copeland and Brewer being there for certain matchups, foul trouble, nagging injuries etc.

Not bad for a playoffs lineup. Maybe Kidd starts instead of Felton since Shump can guard PGs.

vCash
    After the game Pablo had last night, I dont see how you can leave him out
    Copeland,Novak,Thomas,White,and Brewer can play too.That is part of the team being so deep,some guys that can play won't.
    Last edited by IDunknown; 01-04-2013 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick bag View Post
    I remember that with bigs like Chandler, Sheed, Amare and Camby that should never happen again. We matched up horrible with them from the start.

Although we blew the Heat out twice, I wonder how our new found bigs would deal with that team. Just like BK's size gives us problems. I think we match up well with most teams in the league.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    remember who coach's?

Sheed will start based on how Mike raves about him and how he talks on defense etc. and I'm great with that for a few reasons.

- Sheed plays solid tough defense\
    -Sheed is a stetch 4 to play with Melo that opens the court
    -Having two guys who can't score on their own, can finish well unless its a dunk and clogs the lane don't help Melo's game.
    -Camby is a great back up Center giving Chandler the needed rest for the playoff run. So if We play Chandler 30 min that leaves Camby 18.

There is a log jam and i'm not sure yet how Woody will go, but he has Chandler, Amare, Sheed and Camby have all played at the center spot. Add in the fact that Melo plays a very good 4 and something has to give.

Now I can't fly my airplane

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    I think the Knicks need to have 12 minutes of Camby and Sheed each half. You give 6 minutes of Camby to start the 1st and give me 6 minutes of Sheed in the 2nd and the Knicks Defense will be find.

It will also keep the old enforcers healthy. 12 mins of Camby and 12 mins of Sheed a game will keep the loses away.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    remember who coach's?

Sheed will start based on how Mike raves about him and how he talks on defense etc. and I'm great with that for a few reasons.

- Sheed plays solid tough defense\
    -Sheed is a stetch 4 to play with Melo that opens the court
    -Having two guys who can't score on their own, can finish well unless its a dunk and clogs the lane don't help Melo's game.
    -Camby is a great back up Center giving Chandler the needed rest for the playoff run. So if We play Chandler 30 min that leaves Camby 18.

There is a log jam and i'm not sure yet how Woody will go, but he has Chandler, Amare, Sheed and Camby have all played at the center spot. Add in the fact that Melo plays a very good 4 and something has to give.
    He might want Sheed to come off the bench with STAT. Add some D to that unit while still providing space for pick and rolls. Also, while Camby is a stellar defender he doesn't seem to 'talk it up' like Tyson and Sheed do out there, we know Woody places huge value on that so he might want to break those two up instead of starting them together.

Honestly, I'm good with it either way, but I want Camby/Sheed starting next to Tyson for sure.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast