Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should Camby and Chandler start together?

We seem to look our best with them out there together and we have the depth with Amare Sheed and Thomas. Solves our interior defensive problems, our rebounding problems. Just need to rely on Melo to score which isnt an issue

The Future

vCash
    i like em together, but i doubt camby is the starter after the allstar break. i think when shumps and felton comeback, one of the 2 of them will start or possibly both. woody's got options though and seems to be playing around with various lineups.

vCash
    I think he should start

Tyson, Marcus, Melo, Smith, Felton

Sheed, Stat, Novak, Shum, Kidd

vCash
    Smith is not going to start. Thats a notion you need to remove from your thought process.

vCash
    Felton, shumpert, melo, camby, chandler

Kidd, smith, novak, Stat, Sheed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post

This with minutes for Prigs & Cope.

vCash
    Never good to get carried away. But with Camby and Chandler on the floor the paint was straight locked down. They were gobbling up boards, it was good stuff. Just not a lot of offense out there. Eventually I'd like to see a lineup of:
    Tyson, Camby, Melo, Shump and Felton, against bigger teams at least

Defense won us the game last night. That JR dunk was ridiculous, I was so close to it and everyone at the garden just lost it
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post

After the game Pablo had last night, I dont see how you can leave him out
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    I like that line up. First quarters have been our problem defensively this year. The reason for our recent struggle is our first half defense and rebounding. I think a lineup of Felton,Shump,Melo,Camby,Tyson will let us control the tempo early and not let the game get out of control. We'll controll the boards and keep the other team to a low score. The second Unit will be like the bomb squad, with J-Kidd, JR, Novak, Amare, Copeland. The second Unit will bring in a complete change of pace,

Once shumpert comes back Brewer needs to go to the dog house. I hope Copeland continues to get minutes, he needs to learn to play better D and get more rebounds.

vCash
    Aside from his defensive rebounding and shot blocking ability, the thing I love most about Camby's game (and probably most surprising,) is how skillful he is at the top of the key with his passing ability. I watched this guy since his UMASS days with Calipari and never remember him having such excellent passing skills.

He's an excellent role player for this team and shores up our two major weaknesses- defensive rebounding and interior defense. If Stat eventually returns into the starting 5, I could see Camby being our backup C and Rasheed the backup PF with Kurt Thomas being the odd man out.

This team is really deep when healthy. It's scary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I like that line up. First quarters have been our problem defensively this year. The reason for our recent struggle is our first half defense and rebounding. I think a lineup of Felton,Shump,Melo,Camby,Tyson will let us control the tempo early and not let the game get out of control. We'll controll the boards and keep the other team to a low score. The second Unit will be like the bomb squad, with J-Kidd, JR, Novak, Amare, Copeland. The second Unit will bring in a complete change of pace,

Once shumpert comes back Brewer needs to go to the dog house. I hope Copeland continues to get minutes, he needs to learn to play better D and get more rebounds.
    actually..I would put sheed in for cope in second unit...unfortunately with this team healthy..cope is prob gonna get several DNP especially come playoff time .... sheed adds D and rebounding(as well as spreads the floor) that we will need on second unit..as I have said all year I would pay to see our 1st unit vs our 2nd

Felton,Shump,Melo,Camby,Tyson vs Kidd/prigs, JR ,Novak/brewer/cope, Amare and Sheed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    Aside from his defensive rebounding and shot blocking ability, the thing I love most about Camby's game (and probably most surprising,) is how skillful he is at the top of the key with his passing ability. I watched this guy since his UMASS days with Calipari and never remember him having such excellent passing skills.

He's an excellent role player for this team and shores up our two major weaknesses- defensive rebounding and interior defense. If Stat eventually returns into the starting 5, I could see Camby being our backup C and Rasheed the backup PF with Kurt Thomas being the odd man out.

This team is really deep when healthy. It's scary.
    I think this has to eventually happen. It would be our strongest playoff squad.

Chandler/Camby
    Amare/Wallace
    Melo/Novak or Copeland (Not sure where we are in this argument)
    Shump/JR
    Kidd/Felton

Kurt, Copeland and Prigs are likely to be the odd men out.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    i think he should be starting, hes basically a taller kurt thomas

vCash
    If Rasheed comes back then we can alternate between them. Can't give Camby too many minutes. He's good but he is old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    actually..I would put sheed in for cope in second unit...unfortunately with this team healthy..cope is prob gonna get several DNP especially come playoff time .... sheed adds D and rebounding(as well as spreads the floor) that we will need on second unit..as I have said all year I would pay to see our 1st unit vs our 2nd

Felton,Shump,Melo,Camby,Tyson vs Kidd/prigs, JR ,Novak/brewer/cope, Amare and Sheed
    You're probably right, Sheed will get minutes over copeland. I just think Copeland has alot of potential even though he's an older rookie. I think he can become a mojor contributor if he improves his D.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast