Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you want as the 2013 Colts OC?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bruce Arians

3 37.50%
  • Norv Turner

2 25.00%
  • Tom Moore

2 25.00%
  • Other

1 12.50%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If he doesn't get a head coaching gig, I'd try and go all-in on Marc Trestman and try and convince him that a one year stop here as OC will be all that's needed to convince NFL teams he's NFL HC material. Good chance it doesn't work, but picking him up would be a huge coup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    one guy doesn't take you from yearly playoff conteder to the worst team in football

vCash
    As long as it isn't Clyde.

vCash
    So who will replace McCoy?

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, the candidates include younger-than-Peyton Broncos quarterback coach Adam Gase (son-in-law of Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt), former Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt, and Colts quarterbacks coach (and former offensive coordinator) Clyde Christensen.

At some point recently, someone suggested that former Colts offensive coordinator Tom Moore could land in Denver.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-mike-mccoy/

Clyde to Denver is possible.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    This week will be big...Arians has interviews on Monday, Tuesday, and (I think) Wednesday. Two teams are San Diego and Chicago & I thought I saw somewhere Philly was on the list too.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    The sad part is that I like him as a position coach...just not as a play calling OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    So who will replace McCoy?

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, the candidates include younger-than-Peyton Broncos quarterback coach Adam Gase (son-in-law of Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt), former Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt, and Colts quarterbacks coach (and former offensive coordinator) Clyde Christensen.

At some point recently, someone suggested that former Colts offensive coordinator Tom Moore could land in Denver.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-mike-mccoy/

Clyde to Denver is possible.
    Sounds like great news.

vCash
    It sounds like BA is not a finalist in Chicago and is not interviewing in Philly on previously thought date this week (twitter - sorry don't remember sources). SanDiego or bust?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolms View Post
    It sounds like BA is not a finalist in Chicago and is not interviewing in Philly on previously thought date this week (twitter - sorry don't remember sources). SanDiego or bust?
    Yeah, if that's the case, I like our chances to keep him. As soon as I learned Norv was headed to Cleveland, I've secretly wanted B.A to return.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I love what arians did this year with our team , but at the same time i think hes just as responsible as luck and our o line for all the interceptions and fumbles by luck this season. He brings a pure boom or bust kind of vertical passing offense and while ill gladly take him back by default of i cant think of anyone available id rather have . I still feel he needs a more complete offense as a whole for his system to spawn a truly elite nfl offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    I love what arians did this year with our team , but at the same time i think hes just as responsible as luck and our o line for all the interceptions and fumbles by luck this season. He brings a pure boom or bust kind of vertical passing offense and while ill gladly take him back by default of i cant think of anyone available id rather have . I still feel he needs a more complete offense as a whole for his system to spawn a truly elite nfl offense.
    This! I see no real upgrade other than Turner and he is now employed so I hope BA stays by default. He needs to have a better overall system though. I think we as fans are lucky that Luck wasn't scared of getting hit like a David Carr type. We need a O-line and a better scheme.. NOW!

vCash
    Something new, but related:

If the Colts are forced to find a replacement for Arians — and we hear owner Jim Irsay is prepared to do whatever it takes to retain the PFW/PFWA Coach and Assistant Coach of the Year — we hear they would seek someone with a similar offensive philosophy. Although Arians admits "Luck has the talent, smarts and feel of the game to fit in any system," the Colts were the most successful downfield passing team in the NFL under Arians and Grigson surely won’t want to lose his fastball.
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...lisberger-didn

<3

vCash
    Looks like Arians won't be going to the Chargers. They are close with the Broncos OC, McCoy.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    Looks like Arians won't be going to the Chargers. They are close with the Broncos OC, McCoy.
    Great news for us!!! If we can keep him away from Chicago I think Irsay gives him a nice raise making him among the higher paid coordinators and everyone wins IMO except the teams that passed on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    maybe Arians health has scared away alotta suitors, i know he turned out to be ok but he's no spring chicken and missed our most important game of the year, not that i fault him or anythig , hes a human before a football coach haha

vCash
    Seems like Arians is only down to Chicago now.

#iubb

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast