Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you want as the 2013 Colts OC?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bruce Arians

3 37.50%
  • Norv Turner

2 25.00%
  • Tom Moore

2 25.00%
  • Other

1 12.50%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Arians says he wants Cleveland, but it was thought that Cleve was going all in for Kelley. But he's going back to Oregon, which opens the door for Arians. Cleveland is finally considering him:

https://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/s...69474547011585
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Arians says he wants Cleveland, but it was thought that Cleve was going all in for Kelley. But he's going back to Oregon, which opens the door for Arians. Cleveland is finally considering him:

https://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/s...69474547011585
    I don't know why he would want Cleveland....I think it would be a team with a good roster like Chi or SD and a shot or stay if it were my decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    I don't know why he would want Cleveland....I think it would be a team with a good roster like Chi or SD and a shot or stay if it were my decision.
    Maybe he wants to beat Pittsburgh
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    "We do not want to lose Bruce Arians.."

- Pagano

<3

vCash
    Chargers want Arians:

Several people around the league and inside Chargers Park have said Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians is a top target, and Arians is interested in the gig.

Denounce Arians as a 60-year-old career assistant if you will, but what he did this year as much as what he has done in his career makes him perhaps the most intriguing candidate. Before becoming the Colts’ interim head coach in September and leading them to a 9-3 record during his time serving in place of the ill Chuck Pagano, Arians is the guy who helped make Ben Roethlisberger an all-around quarterback. The Colts this year went 11-5 with almost a dozen rookies playing key roles and with a few dozen different starters due to injury.

The Chargers should give a look, too, to offensive coordinators Mike McCoy (Denver) and Rick Dennison (Houston). Maybe they should try a new Gruden, Cincinnati offensive coordinator, Jay Gruden.

But they should not go the big-name route just for the sake of doing it.
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...s-need-winner/

<3

vCash
    Arians talks to Chapp about becoming HC:

Unsubstantiated reports have linked Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians to the San Diego Chargers’ vacant head coaching position.

There’s nothing unsubstantiated about Arians’ interest. That’s especially true after the Chargers hired Colts vice president of football operations Tom Telesco Monday as their new general manager.

The ability of a head and general manager to work in tandem is a cornerstone to success, Arians told a radio station in San Diego. So, interest in the Chargers?

“I would be now that Tommy’s there,’’ Arians said. “I think so much of (the) success that teams have are great relationships between the general manager and head coach. And it’s not who has control of the roster. It’s how do we get the best players?

“I had the opportunity to work for 12 weeks as a head coach this year with Ryan Grigson and Tommy Telesco, and it was a fantastic relationship. And I wouldn’t want to work in any other situation as a head coach, unless it’s that type of relationship where nobody’s got a power player, we’re all in this together trying to win.’’

Arians told me Wednesday evening four teams have expressed an interest in him as their head coach. He has an interview set up with the Chicago Bears Sunday in Indianapolis. The Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles also have approached the Colts about talking with Arians.

Arians has been in the NFL two decades and never has been offered as much as an interview to be head coach. If the right offer is extended, he’ll take it and not look back.

But he insisted it has to be the right situation.

“I have a great job in Indianapolis. It’s going to have to be a perfect fit for me to leave what we have done here, and not just to jump out to be a head coach,’’ he said. “It’s going to have to be a perfect fit, and obviously my relationship with Tommy makes it a lot easier.’’

Arians hopes to have his situation resolved as soon as possible.

“If it’s gonna happen,’’ he said, “I’d like to have it done before next Friday.’’
    http://blogs.indystar.com/coltsinsid...-in-san-diago/

<3

vCash
    Browns hired Chudzinski as Head Coach and he'll likely bring Norv with him to be OC. Assuming Norv, Arians are off the board, our options are dwindling.

<3

vCash
    Browns hired Chudzinski as Head Coach and he'll likely bring Norv with him to be OC. Assuming Norv, Arians are off the board, our options are dwindling.
    I just hope we don't go with Clyde...The recently fired Mularkey maybe? Did pretty well with developing a young QB in Ryan when he was with the Falcons and gives him a chance to get at the team that fired him after one year twice next year. He has a history of being a TE coach so our 2 young TEs would be great under him...not to mention that he did really well with suspect QB play in Pitt as the OC with Tommy Maddox and Slash in the early 2000s.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 01-11-2013 at 11:20 AM.

vCash

Coaching news

Ive thought about him but Falcs fans hated his ultra predictable playcalling.

<3

vCash
    You say options dwindling, but right now we are still set with Arians. It does cross my mind that Norv is likely headed to Cleveland.

#iubb

vCash
    Pat shurmer, brad childress, or we could get some college assistant/former head coach, I feel like we going to lose Arians to the chargers so we better start talking to early before everyone is going to be gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    You say options dwindling, but right now we are still set with Arians. It does cross my mind that Norv is likely headed to Cleveland.
    I read somewhere that the Colts have all but assumed that he'll be gone and they've already assembled a list of OC interviews.

Hearing that Arians is as good as gone from Colts, to point the front office is putting together OC interview list.
    https://twitter.com/injuryexpert/sta...70014289039360
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 01-12-2013 at 12:26 AM.

<3

vCash
    Thoughts on Luck's former coach David Shaw?

<3

vCash
    Thoughts on Luck's former coach David Shaw?
    Do you think he would leave Stanford for an OC job? He did pretty well with Luck and some mediocre WRs so I wouldn't be too mad. He has had a couple NFL stops as a WR and QB/WR coach in Oakland and Baltimore but really didn't have much to work with at either stop...

We might be known as Stanford East if that happened...since I think we might take a strong look at Stepfan
    Last edited by matthollabak; 01-12-2013 at 08:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Do you think he would leave Stanford for an OC job? He did pretty well with Luck and some mediocre WRs He has had a couple NFL stops as a WR and QB/WR coach in Oakland and Baltimore but really didn't have much to work with at either stop...

We might be known as Stanford East if that happened...
    I doubt he'd want to leave, he just signed a contract extension but given what he knows about Luck, he'd be a good fit. I don't think he'll leave for anything that isn't a HC job. Just thinking aloud.

<3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast