Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Finals Aspirations

Coming into this year I knew we would be good but was not sure about a lot. Into the first ten games I was really suprised and said hmmm we can def make some noise this year.

I know some people have issues with Mike Woodsons line up but man there were so many times tonight were this team was gelling so well and if they can play like this most of the time no one is going to beat us.

It is def possible for us to take this

vCash
    I don't think this thread will get a good reaction. Don't talk title yet... Do you realize we have 50 reg season games left?

vCash
    Today we played very well as a team but the offense was fairly sloppy in the first half. Just keep in mind that this team has play somewhat average over the last few weeks. A couple of our wins were nail biters that we barely pulled off.

Are we a strong contender in the playoffs? Yes, I believe we are if we can stay healthy and focused. Can we win it all? There's a chance but we need everyone to play their part and also a good amount of luck. That being said this is the most promising season in well over a decade.

vCash
    For me, we better win this year. The East isn't that good besides Miami, and if we can beat them, we get to the finals. Then it's just 4 games. We can do it. This is the year to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    For me, we better win this year. The East isn't that good besides Miami, and if we can beat them, we get to the finals. Then it's just 4 games. We can do it. This is the year to do it.
    I think it has to be this year. Our role players are getting up there in age. You also have to remember that it's all about match ups in the playoffs. I'm praying we don't end up going against the Bulls. They are just a bad match up for us. Like I said previously, there's a lot of luck that's needed in the post season to win it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    I think it has to be this year. Our role players are getting up there in age. You also have to remember that it's all about match ups in the playoffs. I'm praying we don't end up going against the Bulls. They are just a bad match up for us. Like I said previously, there's a lot of luck that's needed in the post season to win it all.
    The Bulls are a team we need to go with last nights Twin Tower D against ..If we have a front court of Tyson,Camby and Melo...there is no way they dominate the paint like they have against us and hopefully sheed and Amare can help as big bodies also next time we meet.

Last time we played..Sheed and Camby were both out..and we played Novak of all people 31 minutes against the bulls (he had 0 points)..actually Novak played 31 minutes first game at CHI too..and had 7 pts(4 from free throw line)...

This is where I feel Woody has to get better at his in Game rotations and decisions...Chicago is a team we are going to have to win ugly against..there is no reason for Novak to play 62 minutes against Chi in 2 games..he will get smothered by their D(1 3pt basket total).

Look forward to April matchup with this team ..both at full strength(ACL VS ACL ) should be fun to watch

anyway...too early for this thread..long way to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I don't think this thread will get a good reaction. Don't talk title yet... Do you realize we have 50 reg season games left?
    Doesn't take 82 games to see potential. We could split the next 50 for all i care and we'd still probably take the Atlantic
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    The Bulls are a team we need to go with last nights Twin Tower D against ..If we have a front court of Tyson,Camby and Melo...there is no way they dominate the paint like they have against us and hopefully sheed and Amare can help as big bodies also next time we meet.

Last time we played..Sheed and Camby were both out..and we played Novak of all people 31 minutes against the bulls (he had 0 points)..actually Novak played 31 minutes first game at CHI too..and had 7 pts(4 from free throw line)...

This is where I feel Woody has to get better at his in Game rotations and decisions...Chicago is a team we are going to have to win ugly against..there is no reason for Novak to play 62 minutes against Chi in 2 games..he will get smothered by their D(1 3pt basket total).

Look forward to April matchup with this team ..both at full strength(ACL VS ACL ) should be fun to watch

anyway...too early for this thread..long way to go
    This.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    I think we have an excellent shot to beat the Heat this year. I never really thought I'd say that once the big 3 formed in South Beach, but we have a clear cut advantage in the size and depth departments.

I mean our size advantage is really scary, they don't have enough big bodies to contend with all our guys in the paint. Obviously they have the best player on the planet but Wade isn't getting any younger and their lack of size and depth is going to hopefully be their achilles this year.

The Heat are still the obvious favorites, but I think our team has the most realistic shot of anyone in the East to take them out.

vCash
    EC Finals definitely, as really there isn't anyone outside of Miami that is good enough to even be a threat.

But there is one thing I hope the Knicks get to by the end of the season.....

Having teams not try to lose on purpose with us as a favorable matchup, I want them just as scared to play us as they do the Heat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    After last nights game if anyone has any complaints they know nothing about ball. I am not looking for reactions little boy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Doesn't take 82 games to see potential. We could split the next 50 for all i care and we'd still probably take the Atlantic
    Well said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    After last nights game if anyone has any complaints they know nothing about ball. I am not looking for reactions little boy
    And the 8 games previous to that when we went 3-5? there are still legit questions where we stand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    And the 8 games previous to that when we went 3-5? there are still legit questions where we stand.
    How many games did melo mess. Felton played with a broken finger, amare was not playing, a heart breaking buzzer beater. Are you seriously questioning the 8 games where we were missing all these guys. Seriously....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    How many games did melo mess. Felton played with a broken finger, amare was not playing, a heart breaking buzzer beater. Are you seriously questioning the 8 games where we were missing all these guys. Seriously....
    Instead of calling people "little boys" because they disagree with you...maybe you should look back at the last month and see that everything has not been great with this team..We have a ton of "potential" yes.... there are unanswered questions.. yes....Woody still needs to figure out rotations..yes.. we need to stay healthy ..yes

Ask Woodson if he is happy with this teams D in December.... resounding NO!

Do most people here think this team can go far maybe even win it all?? I would say yes...including myself...is this a definite because of last night or how we have played to this point...absolutely NOT!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast