Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1369
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTH10 View Post
    I actually like the DBacks deal.

If Prado is signed to a multiyear extension worth around 10-12 million, the DBacks benefit. You're looking at around a 2-4.5 win player range with a maximum of 5.5 like he did last year. Then, add in Delgado and the rest of the low level prospects, and the DBacks come away looking good. The feasibility of the deal is dependent upon Prado's extension. If it is 1) not happening or 2) inflated, DBacks don't look too smart.

Prado maximizes as one of the better third baseman in a weak third base class throughout the MLB, while the DBacks can maximize their OF with what they have and what's coming up all while adding more pitchig depth and lower level talent.
    The Diamondbacks expect to sign Martin Prado to a long-term contract extension in the near future, Jack Magruder of FOXSportsArizona.com reports (on Twitter).

vCash
    Rangers reporter saying the Rangers don't expect to sign Bourn or Lohse.

http://trsullivan.mlblogs.com/2013/0...not-happening/

Heyman is saying it will take around 5 years/$75 million to sign Bourn, but how is he going to get that much? If the Rangers are out, the Mets and Cubs are still interested. Heyman said he is a possibility for the Orioles. Maybe Detroit signs him and puts him in LF?
    Last edited by Cubsfan365; 01-24-2013 at 02:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    I think the 10-12 may be a little light for what kind of extension Prado could be looking for. With being only a season away from his first big contract he could ask for and reasonably expect upwards of the 15M+ range putting him on the level of Wright and Beltre. He would be the hottest 3b on the market next season and his agent has to know that. They have AZ by the short hairs in this situation being they either pay up or he walks and gets paid at seasons end. Either way its a win win for him with all of the risk on the teams side.
    https://twitter.com/ajcbraves/status/294467794903367680

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    i think if you are "underwhelmed" by the return the dbacks got you are undervaluing Prado.
    i have seen "prado hate" in that regard, someone even said outside of Delgado the package was underwhelming (theres that word again). also someone called Delgado the "Centerpeice" of the deal... i think the underwhelmed here are just a little butt hurt that we didnt land Upton.

im sure our offer was under underwhelming assuming you think Prado>>Baez...
    Nobody is undervaluing Prado as a player. It is the value he brings which is for only a single year. There is no guarantee that he is going to sign a long term extension with AZ. Is it possible even likely? Yes but that is a completely different topic than valuing the trade at face value. I am not butt hurt at all about not getting Upton as I think Tower's asking price as insane. The Dbacks took far less than face value for the trade and that is what people are underwhelmed over not the particular players themselves.

And I would flip that around Baez <<<< Prado in terms of value. Another good season in the minors and he could be the potential centerpiece in a trade for Price. Could the same be said for Prado? I don't think so. That is why I value Baez higher than Prado.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    It's pretty shady to account for a guy's value by assuming what it will be if he takes a huge step forward.

Baez's value is what it is right now, which accounts for both the possibility of breakout and bust.

vCash
    You still have Prado as the better player there. You would be correct in doing that.

Of course the Baez value is based on future fantasy fantasy trade value and potential years of control if he translates at all. That's all teams care about.

vCash
    ive never seen a trade where 1 prospect nets 3 big leaguers so i think you might be wrong

vCash
    There wasn't any trade value in Baez because, by all reports, Towers wanted Castro. Like I said, he was being a little erratic in how he handled the trades. He wanted Castro, Simmons, or Andrus but then he accepted a package without a good big league player from the Mariners before settling on a 29 year old third baseman and a pitcher with a 3-4 ceiling as the primary major league players.

vCash
    Delgado's ceiling is not a 4th starter who can pass for a 3.

Prado is the best current hitter of the players rumored for Upton, and he should be resigning.

I assume 29 is a bad thing, and feel safe assuming that is the thought when mentioning it.

vCash
    It's hard to judge this trade until we see if they can extend Prado.

Either way, though, it's a stark contrast to what we all assumed it would take to land Upton when he was rumored to be available all those months ago. People were talking about an Upton trade the way a Stanton trade is discussed now. It was to be a system-clearing event if he ever really got traded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    i think if you are "underwhelmed" by the return the dbacks got you are undervaluing Prado.i have seen "prado hate" in that regard, someone even said outside of Delgado the package was underwhelming (theres that word again). also someone called Delgado the "Centerpeice" of the deal... i think the underwhelmed here are just a little butt hurt that we didnt land Upton.

im sure our offer was under underwhelming assuming you think Prado>>Baez...
    I am underwhelmed considering Prado was the "GET" for the Diamonbacks...while I think Prado is a great player he is not Justin Upton and the pieces they included to get a 25 year old superstar were meh. Hell Atlanta must know something about Delgado that we don't we are Talking about Justin Upton not Darwin Upton.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    i think i was one of the guys who said Uptons value wasn't as high as most were thinking.... weird how things play out

vCash
    Also before you consider Upton a superstar lets see what he does with a clean bill of health and playing somewhere he is wanted... IMO he still has plenty to prove before he is a "superstar"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Also before you consider Upton a superstar lets see what he does with a clean bill of health and playing somewhere he is wanted... IMO he still has plenty to prove before he is a "superstar"
    Not to mention seeing what he's capable of doing when half of his games aren't played in a hitters paradise.

vCash
    I think a lot of people including me said he would force Towers hand...look at the Seattle package before using the ATL deal as his actual value. You are only as valuable as what someone is willing to pay just like with Real estate I could ask 350K for my house but the market dictates the selling price.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.