Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1369
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    man so many Prado haters i dont understand it.
    I don't get it either. He's almost negated randomly by a crop of people that seem to think only years of control and prospect rankings.

Pretty jelly of the D'Backs' pitching depth. That kid Ahmed is basically a more likely to stick at SS version of Junior Lake. Big, lots of doubles, some patience, some swing and miss, enough speed and instincts to steal 40 bases in the mid-minors. I still like Delgado more than I like Teheran. Spruill looks like could eat some innings and throw strikes for the back of a rotation.

The whole "Towers is dumb" thing is also hurting the percetion of this trade.

vCash
    I actually really like Prado and I know plenty of Braves fans who are really sad to see him go (not that that holds any value or anything). If they can sign him to an extension Id say its a pretty fair trade all around.

vCash
    In this article from Nightengale, it says Upton reiterated he wasn't willing to play for the Mariners, Blue Jays, Red Sox, or Cubs. The D-Backs thought it was a negotiating ploy from him, but Upton apparently said it wasn't about money and he just didn't want to play for those franchises.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...pects/1860397/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    He doesn't show up on prospect rankings, why would you even want him?
    I don't understand why people would "hate" Prado, but the future projected value of Upton vs. Prado isn't even close. Upton will only be 25 this season and the only years he's been less valuable than Prado he was playing through injuries. The Braves should be able to give him the rest he needs when he needs it.
    Last edited by terencem; 01-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    In this article from Nightengale, it says Upton reiterated he wasn't willing to play for the Mariners, Blue Jays, Red Sox, or Cubs. The D-Backs thought it was a negotiating ploy from him, but Upton apparently said it wasn't about money and he just didn't want to play for those franchises.

If that's the case this was a great move for them.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash

sounds like he took the ryan dempster approach. he wanted to play with his brother (especially on a contender) so bad that he pretty much held all of the cards in any attempt for AZ to trade him.

vCash
    I'd like to state for the record that I love Martin Prado. He should thrive in AZ.

vCash
    Why the hell do the D-Backs want Porcello now? I don't get what they're doing.

If they do flip Ahmed + for Porcello, then the Upton trade was essentially:

Arizona gets: Martin Prado, Randall Delgado, Rick Porcello, Zeke Spruill, Brandon Drury
    Atlanta gets: Justin Upton and Chris Johnson

Looks like a pretty fair trade if Prado signs there long-term.
    Last edited by Cubsfan365; 01-24-2013 at 01:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I'd like to state for the record that I love Martin Prado. He should thrive in AZ.
    I haven't seen not one person on here that was down on Prado...have you. I just think the package for Upton was underwhelming?

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Why the hell do the D-Backs want Porcello now? I don't get what they're doing.

If they do flip Ahmed + for Porcello, then the Upton trade was essentially:

Arizona gets: Martin Prado, Randall Delgado, Rick Porcello, Zeke Spruill, Brandon Drury
    Atlanta gets: Justin Upton and Chris Johnson

Looks like a pretty fair trade if Prado signs there long-term.
    There's going to be a pitching prospect involved in the Porcello trade, so that's not all they would be giving up in the end. Adding a back of the rotation pitcher who's moving from a pitcher friendly environment to one that is not isn't really that great to me.

Towers is just doing lots of things this winter but I don't see how they are making his team significantly better in the short or long term considering all the assets he started with.

All the Diamondbacks are doing are proving Bill James correct that failing teams will usually blame their best players for their failures.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    I haven't seen not one person on here that was down on Prado...have you. I just think the package for Upton was underwhelming?
    wasn't meant to be an insult ABE. I get what you're saying about underwhelming. It's still settling in for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    wasn't meant to be an insult ABE. I get what you're saying about underwhelming. It's still settling in for me.
    Ohh no I was referring to the post about someone saying there are a lot of Prado Haters...I was asking if you have seen a lot of Prado hate on here...LOL!

vCash
    I actually like the DBacks deal.

If Prado is signed to a multiyear extension worth around 10-12 million, the DBacks benefit. You're looking at around a 2-4.5 win player range with a maximum of 5.5 like he did last year. Then, add in Delgado and the rest of the low level prospects, and the DBacks come away looking good. The feasibility of the deal is dependent upon Prado's extension. If it is 1) not happening or 2) inflated, DBacks don't look too smart.

Prado maximizes as one of the better third baseman in a weak third base class throughout the MLB, while the DBacks can maximize their OF with what they have and what's coming up all while adding more pitchig depth and lower level talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTH10 View Post
    I actually like the DBacks deal.

If Prado is signed to a multiyear extension worth around 10-12 million, the DBacks benefit. You're looking at around a 2-4.5 win player range with a maximum of 5.5 like he did last year. Then, add in Delgado and the rest of the low level prospects, and the DBacks come away looking good. The feasibility of the deal is dependent upon Prado's extension. If it is 1) not happening or 2) inflated, DBacks don't look too smart.

Prado maximizes as one of the better third baseman in a weak third base class throughout the MLB, while the DBacks can maximize their OF with what they have and what's coming up all while adding more pitchig depth and lower level talent.
    I think the 10-12 may be a little light for what kind of extension Prado could be looking for. With being only a season away from his first big contract he could ask for and reasonably expect upwards of the 15M+ range putting him on the level of Wright and Beltre. He would be the hottest 3b on the market next season and his agent has to know that. They have AZ by the short hairs in this situation being they either pay up or he walks and gets paid at seasons end. Either way its a win win for him with all of the risk on the teams side.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    i think if you are "underwhelmed" by the return the dbacks got you are undervaluing Prado.
    i have seen "prado hate" in that regard, someone even said outside of Delgado the package was underwhelming (theres that word again). also someone called Delgado the "Centerpeice" of the deal... i think the underwhelmed here are just a little butt hurt that we didnt land Upton.

im sure our offer was under underwhelming assuming you think Prado>>Baez...

Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast