Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1369
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    This just makes that Dempster for Delgado deal all that much more hurtful.
    He wasn't even the main piece in the trade.

And I'd rather have Vizcaino, anyway.
    Last edited by DavidH; 01-24-2013 at 11:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    This just makes that Dempster for Delgado deal all that much more hurtful.
    Just another excuse to pile on Ryan Dempster. I hope the organization never brings that guy back in any capacity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    If Arizona is smart he will be flipped for assests before the deadline...if they want to replace the youth they just gave up. However since I think they are in love with Prado they will resign him.
    Irrelevant.

Youth is something the DBacks are saturated with. This deal's validity is dependent on whether or not Prado remains a DBack past 2013 and at what cost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTH10 View Post
    Irrelevant.

Youth is something the DBacks are saturated with. This deal's validity is dependent on whether or not Prado remains a DBack past 2013 and at what cost.
    Even if they do lock him up longterm, I still think Atlanta stole Upton from them.

vCash
    Prado is super underrated and very versatile. If he does make it to FA, I'd love for us to grab him to play 3B at Wrigley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    you are right they should have got Castro, Andrus, Simmons, or Profar back for Upton.... oh wait...
    Not sure what you mean but whatever...I think if what ABTY said that we offered Baez ++ then IMO that is a better haul than what they got back...NO???
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
    Even if they do lock him up longterm, I still think Atlanta stole Upton from them.
    Not a steal. If Prado is locked up for around 10-12 million, the deal is much more feasible.

vCash
    Irrelevant.

How is what I said Irrelevant??? Youth is Youth and sometimes they don't pan out Prado is a nice piece but if Prado can net them additional players because he only has one year of control you deal him or try to resign him.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Prado's fWAR over the last 4 years: 5.9, 1.6, 4.3 and 3.2
    Upton's fWAR over the last 4 years: 2.5, 6.4, 3.0 and 4.8

If Arizona manages to hang onto Prado this really isn't a bad deal at all for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    How is what I said Irrelevant??? Youth is Youth and sometimes they don't pan out Prado is a nice piece but if Prado can net them additional players because he only has one year of control you deal him or try to resign him.
    It is irrelevant because the nature and intention of this deal was to land a piece to win at the present moment for the DBacks. Clearly, because they have a saturation of young talent in their system, this type of deal can be made. And like you said, you deal him or try to resign him; that will be contingent on whether or not the DBacks are in serious contention come the deadline (which is why I think an immediate extension is not in the cards). An extension is a necessity if the DBacks are going to come away with a "win" in this trade.

vCash
    An extension is a necessity if the DBacks are going to come away with a "win" in this trade.

an extension or a championship.

vCash
    It is irrelevant because the nature and intention of this deal was to land a piece to win at the present moment for the DBacks. Clearly, because they have a saturation of young talent in their system, this type of deal can be made. And like you said, you deal him or try to resign him; that will be contingent on whether or not the DBacks are in serious contention come the deadline (which is why I think an immediate extension is not in the cards). An extension is a necessity if the DBacks are going to come away with a "win" in this trade.

Still don't see how it's irrelevant. It's baseball it happens so it's very relevant.

So now ones opinions are Irrelevant? That's like saying I purchased a condom but chose not to use it and now I have twins from some skank at a party.
    Last edited by ABE32; 01-24-2013 at 11:38 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Oh Prado could make himself some cash in Arizona. Good player with the offensive skills to thrive there and see a boost in power.

Weird deal but Arizona still has a ton of chips (wassat?) to move around. I like that SS they got...hit almost 40 doubles.
    ESPN:
    The Atlanta Braves have acquired Justin Upton from the Arizona Diamondbacks, reports Mark Bowman of MLB.com, among others. Bowman tweets that the Braves will send right-handers Randall Delgado and Zeke Spruill, infielder Martin Prado and shortstop prospect Nick Ahmed. The Braves also get third baseman Chris Johnson in the deal.
    The Braves' lineup could look as follows, come Opening Day:

1.Andrelton Simmons, SS
    2.B.J. Upton, CF
    3.Jason Heyward, RF
    4.Justin Upton, LF
    5.Freddie Freeman, 1B
    6.Dan Uggla, 2B
    7.Brian McCann, C
    8.Chris Johnson, 3B

McCann could bat in the No. 8 spot, too, or move up in the order if he's healthy. Heyward, Justin Upton and Freeman are fairly flexible, too, and could end up in any order. Heyward has spent time in the two-hole as well, and the elderly Upton has batted leadoff quite a bit, though his on-base marks suggest he's better used down in the order. Juan Francisco could share time at the hot corner with Johnson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Apparently the Mets are asking the MLB that if they sign Bourn, they lose their 2nd-round pick instead of the 11th overall pick. This is because they would have been in the Top 10 protected picks record-wise, but were pushed to 11 when Appel didn't sign with the Pirates.
    id be upset if they can win that arguement.
    also being overlooked because of the Upton trade is that Marcum took a 1year deal to a noncontender

vCash
    One thing to think of is that come the trade deadline Garza is going to look nice to one of these contending teams. Especially ATL if their pitchers are not healthy or Hudson starts to actually age.

Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast