Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Team offered Baez in an Upton proposal... Towers never backed off Castro and did in fact offer others with Upton...
    Interesting...I'd say no, but it would depend on a lot of things. Upton's medicals are a big one.

I'm not entirely to an Upton for Castro deal, but if I have to deal Castro, I'd demand this:

We send Castro/McNutt/Vitters/Brett Jackson

We get Upton/Skaggs/Pollock/Owings/Trahan or Davidson. (Pollock can be swapped out with Eaton).

That might be doable on my end. We get 2 OF's, an LHP, an SS, and a 3B.

vCash
    By the way...anyone heard anything about Zambrano this year? Wonder where he ends up, although I bet it's either a minor league deal or out of a bullpen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by excillon View Post
    Interesting...I'd say no, but it would depend on a lot of things. Upton's medicals are a big one.

I'm not entirely to an Upton for Castro deal, but if I have to deal Castro, I'd demand this:

We send Castro/McNutt/Vitters/Brett Jackson

We get Upton/Skaggs/Pollock/Owings/Trahan or Davidson. (Pollock can be swapped out with Eaton).

That might be doable on my end. We get 2 OF's, an LHP, an SS, and a 3B.
    I'm not dealing Castro for anything short of a Giancarlo Stanton level player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    I'm not dealing Castro for anything short of a Giancarlo Stanton level player.
    I agree since, if you lose Castro, that's just one more hole to fill and it's a lot easier to find a good right fielder than it is to find a good shortstop. I'm not even Castro's biggest fan...

vCash
    CONSPIRACY THEORY OF THE DAY!

Few in baseball took note last Oct. 30 when the Chicago Cubs named Vanderbilt pitching coach Derek Johnson their minor-league pitching coordinator. But the move did not escape the attention of one rival executive, who viewed the hiring of Johnson as possibly the first step toward the Cubs landing left-hander David Price.

CASH COWS
    See which MLB stars earn the highest annual salaries, who's in the $150 million club and who makes the most at each position.
    The theory might be a bit of a reach, seeing as how Price is not eligible for free agency until after the 2015 season and coveted by virtually every team in baseball. A lot could happen in the next three years. Specifically, a team such as the Rangers could trade for Price and sign him long-term.

The Cubs, though, also could take a similar approach.

Ideally, they would prefer to keep their top prospects, then add Price in free agency just as those youngsters were starting to mature. Either way, the hiring of Johnson certainly wouldn’t hinder the Cubs’ pursuit of Price. The two were close at Vanderbilt, and friends say that Price gives Johnson significant credit for his success.

Price, the reigning American League Cy Young winner, obviously does not need Johnson’s tutelage at this stage of his career. Still, given their past relationship, Price almost certainly would welcome the chance to work with his former coach again.

Chicago also is relatively close to Price’s home in Nashville, and Price is one of those AL pitchers who dreams of playing in the NL and taking his regular turn in a batting order.

File all that away for future reference.
    From Rosenthal FWIw.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    I'm pretty sure that's really stupid.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Ben Badler‏@BenBadler

Reds Sign Dominican LHP Jacob Constante For $730,000 http://bit.ly/XvixzW

Would have been a nice addition, but I'm not sure we even have that much left in the IFA budget.

vCash
    Yeah, thats what I was worried about with Constante: Just outside of our budget. Possible we've signed some lesser guys that haven't made the news, but if not, our max offer would have been for a tad under 600k. Paniagua at 1.5, De la Rosa at 700k, and 2 kids(Hernandez and Diplan) for 180k. Leaves us with 420k and 150k in overage to spend on pop up guys, of which Constante would have been perfect. Varying reports now on how good of a class we've got coming through in 2013 now too, Parks likes it, McDanial does not. Hitters more prevalent than pitching though, seems the consensus. Was hoping Constante fell within our budget.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    Yeah, thats what I was worried about with Constante: Just outside of our budget. Possible we've signed some lesser guys that haven't made the news, but if not, our max offer would have been for a tad under 600k. Paniagua at 1.5, De la Rosa at 700k, and 2 kids(Hernandez and Diplan) for 180k. Leaves us with 420k and 150k in overage to spend on pop up guys, of which Constante would have been perfect. Varying reports now on how good of a class we've got coming through in 2013 now too, Parks likes it, McDanial does not. Hitters more prevalent than pitching though, seems the consensus. Was hoping Constante fell within our budget.
    I still have hope that Concepcion will pan out since he's only 19. Even though Concepcion was more expensive, their scouting reports are seem somewhat similar and I'm hoping Concepcion has a healthy year at Kane County.
    Last edited by Cubsfan365; 01-22-2013 at 11:24 AM.

vCash
    Apparently the Rangers previously offered Mike Olt, Martin Perez/Cody Buckel, Leury Garcia, and a 4th prospect for Upton.

vCash
    I would turn that way the heck down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Apparently the Rangers previously offered Mike Olt, Martin Perez/Cody Buckel, Leury Garcia, and a 4th prospect for Upton.
    I think the Cubs could compete with this package. They could either deal Shark or Garza to get guys like Olt and Perez and then add a couple more lesser minor league ballplayers to make a deal happen. Or they can do Baez, Visciano and a few prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    From Rosenthal FWIw.
    Couldn't hurt. Garza is good friends with Price as well he can do some recruiting if the time comes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    Couldn't hurt. Garza is good friends with Price as well he can do some recruiting if the time comes
    As long as Garza signs an extension here. Edwin Jackson was also in the roation with them, so he could possibly help recruit him as well.

vCash
    David Price is my dream acquisition. Well...fn Bryce Harper, but I mean of people available in the next 5 years. Gotta worry that the Price/Garza connection might force the Cubs to extend Garza rather than get the prospects back that he owes us, but maybe one has nothing to do with the other.

Concepcion is 20/21 now IIRC. I don't think he's finished, but ooph on that signing.

This mobile PSD look is crazy.

Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast