Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Last edited by ZamboniCub; 01-19-2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: wrong thread

vCash
    I really don't want to deal Lake. He's a powder keg. All these years he keeps improving and this could be the year everything comes together and he explodes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    Bruce Miles was tweeting about all the Campana love today at the convention. Sveum basically said the Villanueva deal should be done today. Then Muskat said it wouldn't happen. I tweeted to Bruce the Cubs don't have enough police at the facility to announce a Campana DFA. His response was "you got it". Maybe a joke, but may be the truth.
    maybe they can fake his death. it's the only way out.

vCash
    I talked to my parents about the incoming youth movement when Epstein was hired. The first thing they told me was: "Yeah, at the last game there was this guy who was really young making incredible plays, practically doing backflips. Superstar in the making, they'd better keep him." I immediately assumed it was Castro, but then they said the center fielder. After checking (and praying) that it was somehow Brett Jackson and I just missed the call-up I discovered it was Campana they were talking about.

I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, commit suicide, or all of the above.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    I really don't want to deal Lake. He's a powder keg. All these years he keeps improving and this could be the year everything comes together and he explodes.
    That's the thought when looking to trade him. Grand scheme I don't think the payoff is so large that he should not be traded for something more worthwhile.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-19-2013 at 11:56 PM.

vCash
    If the Cubs get fined for Villanueva, would we even know about it? Would there be an announcement? Would one of our intrepid beat reporters even think to ask?

Gotta be something tomorrow, right?

vCash
    No clue whether it's CCO's writing or if Sveum implied it, but reading through their recap of Sveum speaking, it sounded like Sveum said we were trading a player to get them off the 40 man.

vCash
    Hurray trades. Can't wait!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    No clue whether it's CCO's writing or if Sveum implied it, but reading through their recap of Sveum speaking, it sounded like Sveum said we were trading a player to get them off the 40 man.
    Here were CCO's original tweets on the matter during the convention:

Rehman: Still working on details with Carlos Villanueva, should be finalized in a few days. #Cubs

Sveum said Carlos Villanueva deal should be finalized today #Cubs

Sveum said should ask the "big boys" about roster move to add Carlos Villanueva. Sveum said he did not know.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    On my cell, but this is the majority of the paragraph I got it from- Sveum mentioned later in the session that the holdup was that the team needed to open a spot on the 40 man roster and that can be tricky. A team never wants to lose a player on waivers and it is best to trade the player than receive nothing in return-Again, not sure whether Sveum said all of that, or if it's just the writers take on how a 40 man should be managed.

vCash

Justin Upton coming to the Cubs?

I'm not new to prosportsdaily I am just new to posting my opinion on it as of now. I'm not to familiar with posting and the options. I'm not really ecstatic about Justin. I think he is a good player who is extremely streaky which i am not a big fan of. The only reason i am a fan of him is because he has nice homerun numbers and has the same last name as me. What are your opinions on him and what do you think the chances are we get him. To be honest i dont think we get him. Theo isn't dumb enough to give up what the Dbacks are looking for. I think we will go in another direction. And no not Giancarlo Stanton as much as i would love him. there is no way. we would have to give up to much..however the marlins just might be stupid enough to do it haha they did give up Miguel Cabrera

vCash
    I'll be in the minority here but I would give up Baez and Shark for J. Upton in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    I'll be in the minority here but I would give up Baez and Shark for J. Upton in a heartbeat.
    Baez, sure. Samardzija, no. Build a different package and I could get behind it. Thread title is going to make a few angry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Baez, sure. Samardzija, no. Build a different package and I could get behind it. Thread title is going to make a few angry.
    Ya no **** haha i thought we got him for a second and i was beyond excited.

vCash
    Sorry for the thread title. I'll work on more appealing and telling titles. I wouldn't give up Shark. He is to valuable 2nd half of last season he really started to come along beside that one bad month. And having to give up Baez is another big price to pay. I think he is going to come up and provide and upgrade at ss for us. We can move Starling to 3rd and have a really nice infield. When that happens is right around the time Soler will be coming up and Almora should be in AAA

Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast