Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 92 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Patrick Mooney:

Soriano wants to finish his career in Chicago, still doesn't like the weather in SF.
    Patrick Mooney:

Hoyer on Soriano: "He's our left fielder."
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 01-18-2013 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    Kiss of death!

vCash
    Shark has blessed us all agreeing to the same money he made last year.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
    The Cubs FO will have all the details and expert medical analysis on his previous arm troubles. If they're willing to resign him, youll know its a non-issue.
    That's only 1 side of it though. Garza has been unwilling to take a yearly discount in exchange for security up until now, just 1 year before he would get a huge deal. And I think he knows his arm better than anyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    He has not.
    Yeah the Cubs are on the verge of being fined on this. Apparently they are working on multiple 2 for 1 type trades to clear the space, but they haven't materialized. I'm not really sure what they are though.

Also I'm not sure I like the changes on with PSD. Can someone sell me on the benefits why the site was changed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Bystro View Post
    Yeah the Cubs are on the verge of being fined on this. Apparently they are working on multiple 2 for 1 type trades to clear the space, but they haven't materialized. I'm not really sure what they are though.

Also I'm not sure I like the changes on with PSD. Can someone sell me on the benefits why the site was changed?
    I've gotten more and more used to the site over the past few days. Thanks again for the info, it's always much appreciated.

vCash
    My guess is it could be holding up a Hairston signing. He's supposedly making a decision this week, but nothing has been mentioned by anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    My guess is it could be holding up a Hairston signing. He's supposedly making a decision this week, but nothing has been mentioned by anyone.
    And then we would need to open 2 spots on the 40-man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    Wrong Hairston

vCash
    Garza said he's feeling "1000 times better I did last year" on CTL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Because they've never signed pitchers with arm troubles in the past?
    No, never. Not once.

vCash
    Cub fans at their best.
    Matt Clapp ‏@TheBlogfines
    RT @Aisle424: Tony Campana with a bigger ovation than Starlin Castro. This is why we can't have nice things.
    I hate our fan base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Cub fans at their best.

I hate our fan base.
    As much as that should not have happened i really do love fast tony. The guy may not be the best player but he is exciting

vCash
    He isn't exciting. Exciting baseball players are good at baseball.

vCash
    According to both sources, the Diamondbacks asked for two-time All-Star Starlin Castro in return for Upton. The Cubs, who are trying to build a solid base of young players in their somewhat depleted system, balked at trading a 22-year-old shortstop for a 25-year-old right fielder and cut off talks.

Upton, who has been offered around baseball in trade conversations since the winter meetings in December, vetoed a trade to the Seattle Mariners 10 days ago. While the Diamondbacks appear to want to deal him, general manager Kevin Towers said last week that they expect quality in return.

"We are not interested in giving away any of our young talented players," Towers said last Saturday at the Professional Scouts Foundation dinner in Los Angeles. "My job is to get the best players in order to win championships here in Arizona. That said, someone will have to give us equal value if we move one of our top players."
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story...in-upton-trade

Towers has to say this though the question I have is if he believes it. There is no chance in hell that he is going to get equal value for Upton.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

Page 56 of 92 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast